Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

manhn

I think the CBC streaming is the Olympic feed? TSN still showed the Olympic feed. The CBC coverage was much less choppy, probably due nothing else was going on. But CBC still missed a few early teams.

Sonata

Tip because the Australian female commentator is driving me crazy, but you can hear the LIVE CBC stream with Virtue and Moir on CBC Gem (not CBC sports app). But so far, I have not been able to find them again. The CBC replay stream has the Australian commentators :( Please post if you find a way to hear Virtue and Moir again.

pat c

Tip because the Australian female commentator is driving me crazy, but you can hear the LIVE CBC stream with Virtue and Moir on CBC Gem (not CBC sports app). But so far, I have not been able to find them again. The CBC replay stream has the Australian commentators :( Please post if you find a way to hear Virtue and Moir again.

I don't know if this will work, but try it.

screech

I really liked Scott's commentating - he noticed a lot of the tiny details and was able to explain all the technical stuff in a clear way. I personally found that Tessa didn't add very much. But I'd love to hear Scott doing commentary again in the future.

angi

I really liked Scott's commentating - he noticed a lot of the tiny details and was able to explain all the technical stuff in a clear way. I personally found that Tessa didn't add very much. But I'd love to hear Scott doing commentary again in the future.
Tessa was really good when she did commentary alone for Skate Canada. This time she said they divided it between them so Scott will focus on the technical aspects and she on the performance/artistic aspects and I think that's perhaps why it felt like he had more interesting things to say, especially for us as skating fans. I think in the future they both just need to cover both aspects and it will be even better balanced.

Judy

I haven’t and I tried both. I’m in agreement with the female commentator.

Fadeevfanboy

Their commentary was great. Too bad they probably wouldn't want to do it all the time, as I would love them replacing that annoying Carol Lane, who should be with her own teams in the kiss and cry rather than being the smug Sandra Bezic wannabee in the booth.

barbarafan

The link worked but it says invalid browser when I try and play it. Maybe it’s been removed? I’m on my ipad and can watch other ones without a problem.
I just finished watching it. on the link given by Alliou. But......when I clicked it or tried to copy it nothing happened. I wrote it down and keyed it in and it worked. It was all the mornings stuff. The ice dance started after the first hr. to the 4th hr. approx. So I fast forwarded a bit. I am on a regular computer using firefox browser. As well I am in Canada so had no problem with geoblocking.

Sonata

the replay of the rd with Scott & Tessa is here:

but it's embedded. So I think if you don't have a vpn............
Thanks!
CBC with Tessa and Scott, final 3 flights of the RD here at 1:29:40

Thanks! This worked for me. Takes awhile to load though.

Thanks everyone :) My dislike of the Australian commentator's commentary was so strong that I willingly switched to the Radio-Canada stream, which has the loquacious Alain Goldberg. His V/M Moulin Rouge commentary was so over the top that a comedian has lip synched to his commentary. Sometimes I can still hear him yelling "-XANNE! Oui!" in time with the twizzles when re-watching their FD. Enjoy: https://www.instagram.com/p/CVflSsbDGWt/

Sonata

I still cannot believe she didn’t go with her own team to the Olympics!!!
It’s ironic that her specialty is being covered by other people. Eventually, Scott might also have to choose between commentating and accompanying his teams due to conflict of interest. I’m sure Tracy Wilson still gets offered commentating jobs for high profile events, but she appears to have chosen to accompany her skaters instead.

sap5

Thanks!

Thanks! This worked for me. Takes awhile to load though.

Thanks everyone :) My dislike of the Australian commentator's commentary was so strong that I willingly switched to the Radio-Canada stream, which has the loquacious Alain Goldberg. His V/M Moulin Rouge commentary was so over the top that a comedian has lip synched to his commentary. Sometimes I can still hear him yelling "-XANNE! Oui!" in time with the twizzles when re-watching their FD. Enjoy: https://www.instagram.com/p/CVflSsbDGWt/
I somehow missed this lip sync earlier. Thanks for helping me start my Friday with a great laugh!

Sylvia

TBD

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information