Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

Khaleesi

It's worth mentioning that this pic was taken from Scott's mom personal social media account as part of some of V/M's disturbing fans' cyberstalking. They spread it around saying it's probably Scott's child. I don't think this picture belongs here.
There's a good reason why Scott kept this private for so long and I wish their privacy will be more respected. He didn't choose to go public with his child's name and definitely not with her picture, we should respect that, especially when a child is involved.
Deleted as requested. I didn't personally get the pic from Alma's SM but I was informed it was public knowledge. I don't have kids myself and would not imagine impinging on a parent's right.

Judy

It's worth mentioning that this pic was taken from Scott's mom personal social media account as part of some of V/M's disturbing fans' cyberstalking. They spread it around saying it's probably Scott's child. I don't think this picture belongs here.
There's a good reason why Scott kept this private for so long and I wish their privacy will be more respected. He didn't choose to go public with his child's name and definitely not with her picture, we should respect that, especially when a child is involved.
What is the background about the cyberstalking? that can be scary stuff.

canbelto

There's this blogger who has been obsessed with V&M and convinced they are married and hiding four kids in the basement.

dramagrrl

There's this blogger who has been obsessed with V&M and convinced they are married and hiding four kids in the basement.
I think it’s three kids they supposedly have… and according to the crazy blogger, they aren’t hiding them; apparently “everyone” (meaning the whole skating community, most of Ilderton, and most skating media and Canadian media) knows about them and are part of a conspiracy to keep knowledge of them and the SEKRET MARRIAGE from the general public. Whoever this blogger is, they’ve been posting about this supposed conspiracy on a regular basis for many years now.

(They will probably screenshot this and any other posts about them and post them on the blog, as they have done so with FSU posts in the past. :rolleyes: )

As for the cyberstalking, that seems to be more a deranged group of post-Pyeongchang “fans” on Twitter and Tumblr who are or used to be VM “shippers” (meaning they are/were obsessed with the idea of VM being a romantic couple off ice) and have become increasingly toxic since Scott’s engagement. They have cyberstalked Scott’s fiancee and other family members on social media and publicly post all kinds of crazy stuff. I don’t really use social media, so I don’t know who the main culprits are or the details of their cyberstalking, but I know they have been so disturbing at times that both Tessa and Scott have been forced to address it, at least in indirect ways.

Last edited:

Judy

I think it’s three kids they supposedly have… and according to the crazy blogger, they aren’t hiding them; apparently “everyone” (meaning the whole skating community, most of Ilderton, and most skating media and Canadian media) knows about them and are part of a conspiracy to keep knowledge of them and the SEKRET MARRIAGE from the general public. Whoever this blogger is, they’ve been posting about this supposed conspiracy on a regular basis for many years now.

(They will probably screenshot this and any other posts about them and post them on the blog, as they have done so with FSU posts in the past. :rolleyes: )

As for the cyberstalking, that seems to be more a deranged group of post-Pyeongchang “fans” on Twitter and Tumblr who are or used to be VM “shippers” (meaning they are/were obsessed with the idea of VM being a romantic couple off ice) and have become increasingly toxic since Scott’s engagement. They have cyberstalked Scott’s fiancee and other family members on social media and publicly post all kinds of crazy stuff. I don’t really use social media, so I don’t know who the main culprits are or the details of their cyberstalking, but I know they have been so disturbing at times that both Tessa and Scott have been forced to address it, at least in indirect ways.
How do we know that it has gotten to that level that they had to address it?

dramagrrl

How do we know that it has gotten to that level that they had to address it?
I believe (and again, I'm not very well-versed in social media, so someone else who is more active in the skating fan communities on Twitter or Tumblr might have a better explanation), Scott posted a video on Twitter at one point that addressed some rumours that were rampant from these fans on social media about his (and I think his fiancee's?) behaviour during the pandemic. Something about Jackie (his fiancee) travelling between Florida and Ilderton for "non-essential" reasons, Scott taking a vacation to a resort during the pandemic, and possibly some other rumours that I don't remember. Tessa has shut comments on her Instagram several times when people have started commenting about her and Scott's supposed "estrangement" since his engagement and has also apparently deleted comments from crazies who have posted derogatory remarks about her current hockey player boyfriend.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I remember that, someone thought Scott was a coward for going to Florida but he was there because his fiancée (then) was working as a nurse there. It wasn't a vacation, but because it was at the start of this whole YKW, it got way more attention than it should have. Poor guy.

dramagrrl

The crazies have also relentlessly stalked Jackie's social media, and even after she locked and/or deleted her profiles on Instagram, etc. that they found, somehow they have been able to find and re-post private photos and other information. The blog with the sekret babies that has been mentioned upthread is the most famous and most long-running one (I think the creator has been posting semi-regularly for around ten years?!), but there are definitely other blogs/Tumblrs/Twitter accounts (and who knows, maybe TikToks or Snapchats or whatever the kids are using these days) that are wholly devoted to cyberstalking or hating on VM and/or their significant others.

Lemonade20

The crazies have also relentlessly stalked Jackie's social media, and even after she locked and/or deleted her profiles on Instagram, etc. that they found, somehow they have been able to find and re-post private photos and other information. The blog with the sekret babies that has been mentioned upthread is the most famous and most long-running one (I think the creator has been posting semi-regularly for around ten years?!), but there are definitely other blogs/Tumblrs/Twitter accounts (and who knows, maybe TikToks or Snapchats or whatever the kids are using these days) that are wholly devoted to cyberstalking or hating on VM and/or their significant others.
Wow, I can't imagine. Poor Jackie!

Judy

Wow that is crazy. Yes I knew she was a nurse in the U.S. A lot of Canadians do that because the U.S. offer a lot to recruit them and always have. I'm not up on social media either. That's their personal business anyways. there are some real crazies out there.

angi

Thanks for deleting the picture @Khaleesi, I edited my quote as well.
@dramagrrl covered most of it (and I'm not even familiar with it all, just what I was told by a good friend who's on social media) but basically, there's a group of deranged fans with a lot of free time and money, that became V/M fans back in 2018 and have worked very hard on making their lives miserable. Before it was known that both are in different relationships that group used to stalk them, they went over to their hometowns and scouted their houses, went to Scott's uncle store, to where Tessa's sister teaches a sporting class, followed them to Japan and South Korea when they were performing, and so on. Once it was known that Scott is in a relationship part of that group decided Scott is public enemy #1 and some decided it's Tessa's fault and harassed them both. They then harassed his family members and his fiancee and even took pictures of her house in the US trying to see if he's there. And they never really stopped, from what I hear to this day they cyberstalk both and were the ones to report he is engaged and that he has a child, and that Tessa is dating the hockey player way before any of them went public with it.
I feel so bad for V/M that they had to deal with so many deranged fans, first the crazy blog that's been around for over a decade and then with an obsessive and toxic group of fans that not only harassed them but also their families and loved ones. It's not uncommon for celebrities to endure that kind of behavior, but it's very rare for athletes in a semi-popular sport at best.
Long story short, it's up to us to not be part of that toxic behavior and the only reason I'm sharing this here is to raise awareness about what is shared about them.

Lemonade20

@dramagrrl covered most of it (and I'm not even familiar with it all, just what I was told by a good friend who's on social media) but basically, there's a group of deranged fans with a lot of free time and money, that became V/M fans back in 2018 and have worked very hard on making their lives miserable. Before it was known that both are in different relationships that group used to stalk them, they went over to their hometowns and scouted their houses, went to Scott's uncle store, to where Tessa's sister teaches a sporting class, followed them to Japan and South Korea when they were performing, and so on. Once it was known that Scott is in a relationship part of that group decided Scott is public enemy #1 and some decided it's Tessa's fault and harassed them both. They then harassed his family members and his fiancee and even took pictures of her house in the US trying to see if he's there. And they never really stopped, from what I hear to this day they cyberstalk both and were the ones to report he is engaged and that he has a child, and that Tessa is dating the hockey player way before any of them went public with it.
I feel so bad for V/M that they had to deal with so many deranged fans, first the crazy blog that's been around for over a decade and then with an obsessive and toxic group of fans that not only harassed them but also their families and loved ones. It's not uncommon for celebrities to endure that kind of behavior, but it's very rare for athletes in a semi-popular sport at best.
Long story short, it's up to us to not be part of that toxic behavior and the only reason I'm sharing this here is to raise awareness about what is shared about them.

Omg, it went that far?!?!? Wow!

kittysk8ts

These post 2018 nutter "fans" also harass P/C on social media every chance they get. There were tons of rude and mean tweets after the French Masters a few weeks ago. So so annoying.

Lemonade20

These post 2018 nutter "fans" also harass P/C on social media every chance they get. There were tons of rude and mean tweets after the French Masters a few weeks ago. So so annoying.
Really? Are they obsessed with ice dance couples?

Lemonade20

Far from impossible! I've seen another internet drama recently where it turned out that both sides were being harrassed and death-threatted by the exact same people.
That's crazy, wow. I get following skaters that interests you, but to take that to 10 levels of invested-crazy is bizarre.

puglover

This is such a shame. As a very long time and ardent Virtue and Moir fan, I wish these crazies would get a life. I would love to hear about their lives and what they are doing but I don't blame them for keeping their lives private if this is what they have to put up with.

kittysk8ts

This is such a shame. As a very long time and ardent Virtue and Moir fan, I wish these crazies would get a life. I would love to hear about their lives and what they are doing but I don't blame them for keeping their lives private if this is what they have to put up with.
They both seem happy 😊. I just watched Leafs Nation (from last year) and Tessa and Zoe are in it for just a wee second! Made me smile.

Judy

Likely people you would never want to know.

AR130

It’s so nice to see that fans here are not ok with the level of stalking and harassment that has been normalized among VM fans on social media. Scott even posted a video about the harassment he got for being in Florida with his fiancée in March 2020. These crazies were proud of themselves because the insanity got picked up by Canadian media. Scott has deliberately chosen to lead a private life, and while he is known for his skating achievements and for his current coaching, he really has kept his life private outside of coaching, charity and very rarely some manner of endorsement. But that’s very rare.

People have started accounts for the sole purpose of harassing his fiancée and as someone said earlier, fans literally cyberstalked his fiancée’s friends (his fiancée deleted her own social media bc of harassment) and saw that his fiancée was in photos wearing an engagement ring, and that’s how the engagement news got out before Scott had a chance to tell people himself (including Tessa). And then these people somehow blame Scott and his fiancée for not planning on being stalked in deciding how to tell people about the engagement. It’s truly insane and I don’t blame Scott and those close to him for keeping their lives away from the internet crazies.

Because Tessa’s current work with sponsors is a lot more public, she can’t cut off the crazies but she will very occasionally mention how people on social media will criticize you just for existing.

manhn

OMG, y’all, but TESSA AND SCOTT ARE DOING COMMENTARY OF THE DANCE EVENT ON CBC.

They were just on being interviewed by Andie Patrillo, reviewing the event. I think Tessa will be particularly good at this? Her thoughts on Gil/Poi was especially enlightening. She was hoping to see more attack from them, they tend to be so poised and composed.

Judy

OMG, y’all, but TESSA AND SCOTT ARE DOING COMMENTARY OF THE DANCE EVENT ON CBC.

They were just on being interviewed by Andie Patrillo, reviewing the event. I think Tessa will be particularly good at this? Her thoughts on Gil/Poi was especially enlightening. She was hoping to see more attack from them, they tend to be so poised and composed.
Ugh I have to watch it on CBC streaming so I don’t hear the same commentators. 😠

angi

I thought they did a phenomenal job commentating, it was such a good balance of commentary for casual viewers but also a lot of stuff for the avid fans. They also bounced off each other and balanced each other really well. Good job team :)

Isabelle.G

Is there a link please to the even with them commenting? :) I tried the CBC website, but the only video of the whole event is not with them commenting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information