Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

bbkenn

Olympic channel has uploaded all their Oly performances into one vid: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2LH3JCGkEBU

Thanks so much for letting us know. Spent a wonderful time watching all the Olympic performances. I'd forgotten how awesome their compulsory dance was in 2010 and it was great to see the SD in Peongchang again! I also enjoyed watching how much they grew in the 12 years as performers and skaters. So again Sap5, thanks for the wonderful share.

nimi

Are they saying their show career will be over after the tour or are they only talking about ending their competitive career?

Anyway... They will receive a honorary degree from the University of Western Ontario (source). Congrats!
Life-saving and game-changing innovators, award-winning artists and international sporting champions stand among seven distinguished individuals to receive honorary degrees when Western hosts its 314th Convocation this fall.

The ceremonies, featuring addresses by the honorary degree recipients, are scheduled for the following days:

Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue
10 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 23
Doctor of Laws, honoris causa
(LLD)

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I think they're referring to everything--they're stepping away from skating entirely. It makes sense, Scott's getting married and probably wants to focus on his coaching career, and Tessa will do...whatever she's been doing.

SkateFanBerlin

Thanks so much for letting us know. Spent a wonderful time watching all the Olympic performances.
Scott I found interesting. Off the ice he was suburban-cut-the-grass guy. But when he took the ice he became something completely diffferent. In charge, powerful, sexy - these great lines. Also, the Mahler was such an inspired idea - one of the classic FD's.

Golden1

It makes me really sad to see them retire. As a European fan I had really hoped that they would come to Europe and do some shows so that I would have had the chance to see them live at least one more time. :wuzrobbed However, I'm thankful for all the great experiences I had watching them live, on TV, on my computer, during the day or in the middle of the night. I also want to say thank you to all of you for all the fun I had here discussing Tessa and Scott with all of you :love:.

Emdee

It makes me really sad to see them retire. As a European fan I had really hoped that they would come to Europe and do some shows so that I would have had the chance to see them live at least one more time. :wuzrobbed However, I'm thankful for all the great experiences I had watching them live, on TV, on my computer, during the day or in the middle of the night. I also want to say thank you to all of you for all the fun I had here discussing Tessa and Scott with all of you :love:.
Still a few chances to see RTR. Hope you can make it.

believed

I love seeing their accomplishments laid out like this.

Additionally, from Skate Canada’s press release:

Virtue and Moir have dominated the ice dance field during both their junior and senior careers. They are the first and only ice dance team to win every major junior and senior skating competition: junior world championships (2006), junior grand prix final (2006), four continents championships (2018, 2012, 2017), senior world championships (2010, 2012, 2017), senior grand prix final (2016) and Olympic Games (2010, 2018). They have won a total of 55 international medals during their 20-year partnership, with 33 of them being gold.

Sonata

There’s a video by Skate Canada, but I actually think it’s terrible. Watch it without sound, because it does not match the images at all. I know V/M love The Arkells, but this was not the right combo - lots of fan videos better than this IMO.

I don’t think the retirement from amateur skating is unexpected, but I’m surprised to hear that it’s their last tour. At least, that’s how some media outlets have interpreted the announcement.

Emdee

Right now I'm 38 weeks pregnant, so I won't be able to make it to Canada. So I think I will have enough to do in the upcoming weeks and months to not miss Tessa and Scott too much ;):D.
Congratulations and all the best in your new journey.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Lovely article about V&M by a photographer who photographed them many times in many comps.

A Tribute to Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

When I first met Tessa & Scott, I was immediately struck by how gracious they were. At the time, I never could have imagined that I’d eventually go on to form a friendship with the pair and have the opportunity to document some of their most memorable accomplishments in the years that followed.

Judy

Very happy for them ... so difficult to say goodbye. However, it is not really a goodbye. I am sure we will see them commentating.

I am grateful that they choose not to retire after the 2010 Olympics and that they returned from retirement for the 2nd Olympic win.

What the hell? Scott is getting married? Who is the lucky girl? I am out of the loop.

Very happy for them ... so difficult to say goodbye. However, it is not really a goodbye. I am sure we will see them commentating.

I am grateful that they choose not to retire after the 2010 Olympics and that they returned from retirement for the 2nd Olympic win.

What the hell? Scott is getting married? Who is the lucky girl? I am out of the loop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information