Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

Golden1

I just saw that:cheer2:. However, I wonder if they will really be in the studio or just shown via satellite.

D

Deleted member 74551

Lol they better have a convincing script written and memorised for the relationship question because Ellen is not the Canadian press, she won't be letting any vague non-denials go...

It's insane to me that they've garnered this much attention. I hope they're getting to enjoy it!

D

Deleted member 74551

They're good at hip hop in a way virtually no other ice dancers are though- even Guillaume looks awkward doing it. Scott has massively improved since the first stilted routines with Sam Chouinard. It's one of the reasons I wish they'd keep going or come back again even though I know the chances of that are minuscule because they really are better than ever.

RoseRed

Lol they better have a convincing script written and memorised for the relationship question because Ellen is not the Canadian press, she won't be letting any vague non-denials go...

It's insane to me that they've garnered this much attention. I hope they're getting to enjoy it!
Something like that old interview where Ellen spent the entire time telling Taylor Swift and Zac Efron that they were a couple would be fun.

RoseRed

They're good at hip hop in a way virtually no other ice dancers are though- even Guillaume looks awkward doing it. Scott has massively improved since the first stilted routines with Sam Chouinard. It's one of the reasons I wish they'd keep going or come back again even though I know the chances of that are minuscule because they really are better than ever.
I think Guillaume is pretty good at hip hop. In that video from a couple years ago of Tessa, Guillaume and Sam, Tessa is the star, but Guillaume looks good too.

But yeah, as a team T&S kill hip hop like no one else. And you're right, Scott has gotten so much better at it.

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie
I think Guillaume is pretty good at hip hop. In that video from a couple years ago of Tessa, Guillaume and Sam, Tessa is the star, but Guillaume looks good too.

But yeah, as a team T&S kill hip hop like no one else. And you're right, Scott has gotten so much better at it.

HOMG!!! This video is EVERYTHING!!!!:lol: :respec:

P/C really need to do a hip hop FD!

Shayii

It would be so funny seeing them grilled by Ellen and maybe doing one of her games. :D
Tessa did an interview for the fashion magazine.
Just read the article. I found this quite interesting
What other ways do you balance each other out?
He’s very emotional, temperamental, and fiery. I’m extremely even-keeled. My mood and the way I adapt throughout the workday is very dependent on Scott. I’m just complementing him. Having that extremely balanced nature is probably one of our strengths.
The fact that she says she’s just complementing is interesting to me.

Also based on Tessa’s tweet it seems like they will actually be in the studio for the Ellen show. Ellen’s reply lol.

Last edited:

Japanfan

I too am pleased about the attention V/M are getting, but really would like Ellen to let the 'not a couple in real life' thing go. It's really getting boring already. I'm more interested in the relationship V/M do have and why it works, and questions that generate insights into who they are as people and what their routines are as athletes.

But maybe this is what the casual once-every-four-years viewer is interested in. Those of us who have been watching FS for a long time are very aware that a lot of dance and pair skaters are not in a relationship with their partner IRL.

I even got into a dialogue about this with my very opinionated BIL, who watched figure skating for the first time (SFAIK) this Olympics, at about age 70. He thought this gave him enough insight to claim that ice dance partners shouldn't be brother/sister because ice programs were romantic.:p

I sent him the video of the Duchesnay's jungle program, and that shut him right up.

D

Deleted member 74551

I too am pleased about the attention V/M are getting, but really would like Ellen to let the 'not a couple in real life' thing go. It's really getting boring already. I'm more interested in the relationship V/M do have and why it works, and questions that generate insights into who they are as people and what their routines are as athletes.

But maybe this is what the casual once-every-four-years viewer is interested in. Those of us who have been watching FS for a long time are very aware that a lot of dance and pair skaters are not in a relationship with their partner IRL.

I even got into a dialogue about this with my very opinionated BIL, who watched figure skating for the first time (SFAIK) this Olympics, at about age 70. He thought this gave him enough insight to claim that ice dance partners shouldn't be brother/sister because ice programs were romantic.:p

I sent him the video of the Duchesnay's jungle program, and that shut him right up.

I obviously completely agree with you, which is why I think they need to be blunt and then steer focus away from it. Casual Olympics fans won't come close to getting their partnership. I don't get it half the time and I've followed them for 15 years. I want America to realise just how special these two are as athletes and artists.

The interest is a real compliment to their artistry though. They captured millions of people who thought ice dancing was a bit naff. I've had so many people from the UK ask me about them, and it was broadcast at 3am there and their program replayed once at breakfast and that was all it took. Not all of them can be the unwashed masses who just prefer loud drama to high art ;)

Sonata

AHHH! I CANNOT believe they will be on Ellen. This is huge for non Americans. When I saw Adam and Mirai at the Oscars, I couldn’t help but think that Virtue and Moir were missing opportunities by virtue (ha!) of not being American. Not sure their segment will be that long, everyone.... let’s hope so.

I thought they might do Tout le monde en parle once back in Montreal! There’s no way the hosts wouldn’t want them on their show.

Shayii

AHHH! I CANNOT believe they will be on Ellen. This is huge for non Americans. When I saw Adam and Mirai at the Oscars, I couldn’t help but think that Virtue and Moir were missing opportunities by virtue (ha!) of not being American. Not sure their segment will be that long, everyone.... let’s hope so.

I thought they might do Tout le monde en parle once back in Montreal! There’s no way the hosts wouldn’t want them on their show.
I’ve thought about all the attention they would be getting if they were American as well (they’re still getting so much press as it is). But I think they would not be able to handle all the attention it will be too much for them lol.

These are fun. Them dancing with their choreographer Sam http://mysticseasons.tumblr.com/post/171873963323/sam-chouinards-instagram-story
http://mysticseasons.tumblr.com/post/171873934468/tessas-instagram-story
http://mysticseasons.tumblr.com/post/171873917460/tessas-instagram-story
http://mysticseasons.tumblr.com/post/171873975944/sam-chouinards-instagram-story
Great to see them letting loose.

Shayii

Sonata

Tessa and Scott reacts to the 20 years montage done by CBC (their reactions shown around 1:10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp1IJ24uD-A

Thanks for posting that. A lot of people were looking for it. Scott wiping his eyes makes me weepy too :) An example of what Tessa said - she’s the even keeled one, he’s the one who wears his heart on his sleeve. And I’m the one weeping on the floor after their performance. (Oh wait, she didn’t say that last part.)

William Shatner likes them too. Actually, he just likes Tessa.

http://nationalpost.com/pmn/enterta...s-and-patriotism-from-trudeau-to-tessa-virtue

I don’t know if they are Trekkies, but their reaction to meeting astronaut and Canadian icon Chris Hadfield is hilarious!

https://twitter.com/tessavirtue/status/972889219625570304?s=12

Sonata

Tomorrow! Get your wine :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgZPm1LF__b/?hl=en&taken-by=guyalepage

Looks like Tessa planned ahead and wore green for St. Patrick's Day, even though the show was pre-taped.

There's an ad for the show playing on tv where the host asks them, "I have to ask you the question everybody is dying to ask....Do you sharpen your own skates before a competition?"

Hope Scott Moir gets to mention his skate shop with his uncle at this point :)

professordeb

Thanks for posting that. A lot of people were looking for it. Scott wiping his eyes makes me weepy too :) An example of what Tessa said - she’s the even keeled one, he’s the one who wears his heart on his sleeve. And I’m the one weeping on the floor after their performance. (Oh wait, she didn’t say that last part.)

William Shatner likes them too. Actually, he just likes Tessa.

http://nationalpost.com/pmn/enterta...s-and-patriotism-from-trudeau-to-tessa-virtue

I don’t know if they are Trekkies, but their reaction to meeting astronaut and Canadian icon Chris Hadfield is hilarious!

https://twitter.com/tessavirtue/status/972889219625570304?s=12
Captain James Tiberius Kirk -- from my favourite trek series, the original -- likes one half of my favourite ID team.
I am blown away. Bill isn't shy about saying he likes or dislikes things. Having his approval ... very Canadian in my book.

Chris Hadfield!!!! He grew up and attended school in my home town -- Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. And HE got to meet our GOAT ice dancers. Ohhhh man, I am so thrilled to be reading this.
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information