Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

Sonata

Agree. This video has P/C right after so you can also compare the size the two teams’ patterns.

I don’t think their smaller patterns will stop them from scoring a world record next week in both SD and combined score. ;) Those judges want those V/M records erased.

I’m thinking up appropriate songs that can play after Ellen introduces V/M as they walk out onto the stage. Will Tessa get her wish and finally get to dance to Hall and Oates? Will they play her song, “Diamond” by Rihanna, so she can walk out to “shine bright like a diamond”? Will they play “Gangsta’s Paradise”, Scott’s karaoke song? Will they play “Unstoppable”, their motivational pop song during the Olympics? Will they play “Roxanne”?

Hear me, Ellen producers, because I have done your research for you! Please don’t go lazy and play “Save the Last Dance for Me” by Michael Buble because he happens to be Canadian.

John Oliver will be on the same show. Will he be inspired enough to tape a future segment called, “Biased ice dance judging: How is this still a thing?”

My other dream is that they surprise V/M with a surprise appearance by Nicole Kidman....

I have such high hopes for this appearance.

Shayii

https://www.ellentube.com/episode/c...e-and-scott-moir-john-oliver-cast-of-tag.html
I don’t think their smaller patterns will stop them from scoring a world record next week in both SD and combined score. ;) Those judges want those V/M records erased.

I’m thinking up appropriate songs that can play after Ellen introduces V/M as they walk out onto the stage. Will Tessa get her wish and finally get to dance to Hall and Oates? Will they play her song, “Diamond” by Rihanna, so she can walk out to “shine bright like a diamond”? Will they play “Gangsta’s Paradise”, Scott’s karaoke song? Will they play “Unstoppable”, their motivational pop song during the Olympics? Will they play “Roxanne”?

Hear me, Ellen producers, because I have done your research for you! Please don’t go lazy and play “Save the Last Dance for Me” by Michael Buble because he happens to be Canadian.

John Oliver will be on the same show. Will he be inspired enough to tape a future segment called, “Biased ice dance judging: How is this still a thing?”

My other dream is that they surprise V/M with a surprise appearance by Nicole Kidman....

I have such high hopes for this appearance.
I doubt it, but maybe Leslie Jones?
https://78.media.tumblr.com/17ab1a9...ed16/tumblr_inline_p5rge1hdcL1stvn6m_1280.jpg

Sonata

I hadn't seen that comment by Leslie Jones. Cute! (She works in NY though - probably won't be there.)

I just noticed Jon Hamm will appear on the same show :cheer2:

ximianKernel

Question: In what interview/documentary did Scott said this?

Sometimes I might not have the power to do it for myself but I will always do it for Tess

Shayii

ngcskate

I know I posted that profile video, but I don’t know what thread it’s in. They asked them to react to a picture. I think Scott’s was a pic of him hugging his brothers in Vancouver and he got emotional. This tweet refers to it https://twitter.com/cbcolympics/status/966092722896437252?s=21

Yes, it was a puff piece that they filmed with various athletes and aired throughout the games. I seem to recall them doing one with Patrick and maybe Tessa, but I can't recall.

cgirl8

Sonata

I laughed out loud when the interviewer mentioned the term cunniliftus!

Yeah, I couldn't believe the hosts went there!...
Now I'm enjoying Scott's cringy faces during this politician's talk. Scott and Tessa gave each other a look when Doug Ford was mentioned and then both had a sip of wine :p

ngcskate

Yeah, I couldn't believe the hosts went there!...
Now I'm enjoying Scott's cringy faces during this politician's talk. Scott and Tessa gave each other a look when Doug Ford was mentioned and then both had a sip of wine :p
I should have turned my subtitles on. Scott had some interesting looks during the interview.

Skate Talker

Well I did turn the closed captions on since my French was never that good and is now very rusty. I could get a lot more of the conversation that way but couldn't read fast enough to keep up.
Fortunately I pvr'd it so can go over it a couple of times if I want to.

kittysk8ts

Captain James Tiberius Kirk -- from my favourite trek series, the original -- likes one half of my favourite ID team.
I am blown away. Bill isn't shy about saying he likes or dislikes things. Having his approval ... very Canadian in my book.

Chris Hadfield!!!! He grew up and attended school in my home town -- Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. And HE got to meet our GOAT ice dancers. Ohhhh man, I am so thrilled to be reading this.
Thank you!
I was roommates with Chris' sister at Trent University in the 80s. Never met Chris but met his parents. :)

manhn

After the GPF, T&S came to the coaches and said they wanted an ending with more of a crescendo. Upon trying to reconfigure the program, MF realized that what was missing was the actual love story. The initial incarnation with just Ewan singing, with the crescendo too abrupt.

She also mentioned that winning 2017 Worlds was a nice bonus, but not part of their plans. She said that being flagbearers and doing the team event helped them, as it helped spread out the anxiety. It was just not about the individual event performances.

kittysk8ts

Well I did turn the closed captions on since my French was never that good and is now very rusty. I could get a lot more of the conversation that way but couldn't read fast enough to keep up.
Fortunately I pvr'd it so can go over it a couple of times if I want to.
Parts of this were lol funny. The Quebecers are hilarious. Teasing Tessa for hogging all the endorsements. Haha. Excellent.

Sonata

After the GPF, T&S came to the coaches and said they wanted an ending with more of a crescendo. Upon trying to reconfigure the program, MF realized that what was missing was the actual love story. The initial incarnation with just Ewan singing, with the crescendo too abrupt.

Loved hearing Marie-France's insight into their program. I liked their first dark version, but I always found it strange that they had not included more of Nicole Kidman's voice. That version had male voices throughout most of the program and was not reflective of the female power that I was seeing on the ice. The second version where both voices were heard consistently made more sense. In addition, even though she dies, the program ends on a hopeful note, which is reflective of the message from the movie: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Hope Marie-France gets her Italian vacation with Patrice and their daughter. She really deserves it!

kittysk8ts

She also mentioned that winning 2017 Worlds was a nice bonus, but not part of their plans. She said that being flagbearers and doing the team event helped them, as it helped spread out the anxiety. It was just not about the individual event performances.

She also explained the splitting of coaches for competitions was more because of the accreditations each coach already had (Patrice/USA, MF/CAN Romain/FRA) and the splitting of ice time between V/M and P/C was to give them each space to create without stress, but they shared the ice at least twice a week.

She also said that all her teams are trained to be champions.

And she also talks about the other members of the team, coaches and non-coaches. It was a good interview and I believe her to be very genuine. :)

Golden1

I also liked the interview a lot. It's interesting to see how MF and Patrice manage so many teams and how they make sure that all of them are taken care of and happy. They really deserve that vacation. It was also great to hear that Tessa and Scott took the initiative, went to her and made sure the program was adjusted. I think that is probably something they learned from Sochi.

A new interview with them: Tessa and Scott on The Social Tessa and Scott on The Social Part 2 Tessa and Scott reading tweets.
I love the second part with Scott's "expressive eyebrows".

Emdee

I also liked the interview a lot. It's interesting to see how MF and Patrice manage so many teams and how they make sure that all of them are taken care of and happy. They really deserve that vacation. It was also great to hear that Tessa and Scott took the initiative, went to her and made sure the program was adjusted. I think that is probably something they learned from Sochi.

A new interview with them: Tessa and Scott on The Social Tessa and Scott on The Social Part 2 Tessa and Scott reading tweets.
I love the second part with Scott's "expressive eyebrows".
And Tessa has another outfit! Love that girl...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information