Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir # 47: Come What May...

LisaLemon

Any other video's with the FD performance? I always enjoy listening to other countries comment lol
Does anyone know if the Italian or Russian esp has been posted? Thanks

ddtpdx

Ok, there is so much content I really can’t keep up trying to post as much as I can. Thanks to iceprincess for doing compilation of the videos here are some
http://cuteiceprincesslove.tumblr.com/post/171125818846/og-2018-tessa-and-scott-cbc-videos
http://cuteiceprincesslove.tumblr.com/post/171125905016/og-2018-tessa-and-scott-tsn-videos

Scott got pissed at the press conference when asked about their relationship and said the status of their relationship is no one’s business. All the attention must be driving them insane.

Thanks so much for the links - finally, one that contains the press conference.

I wish CBC would post the entire CBC studio interview including the part where VM watched their programs (based on what was posted in this thread earlier) instead of just the interview proper.

LisaLemon

Which another poster does not understand...

She meant you spoke like they are the current world champs..sorry but you post these things then wonder why people react in a certain way, then when they do you act all innocent, you are instigating things imo..so let's just leave it there..

ddtpdx

Press this morning seem to all think they're sticking to Long Time Running for the gala. For an exhibition they threw together in about 5 minutes, it's honestly one of my favourite ones they've ever done.

Perhaps they'll be encouraged by the audience for an encore after Long Time Running (this often happens for Olympic Champions).
If so, what would everyone want to see?
I can't decide between Prince and Carmen.
Also, wouldn't it be amazing if, instead of the women's champion, V/M get to close the gala?

Sonata

Sonata and Carpis, I had to bring back these posts of yours.

Sonata, how prophetic you were :).

How kind of you to think so! :) I was hopeful. I didn't doubt V/M's mental and physical preparedness. I was however worried about the judging. I do find ice dance has to revamp. The French press may be upset about the Canadian judge's conflict of interest (I agree), but they fail to mention their own French judge, the biased American judge, and how stacked the panel was in general in favour of the French, as demonstrated by their marks in the SD (as much as I sympathize with P/C's situation, that was not a performance that deserved positive GOEs for twizzles or the lift). If anything, V/M did not win because of this panel - they won DESPITE of it. And they had to bring it to get all of their levels, or else this panel would have buried them.

On a more positive note, V/M often thank the people who have helped them along the way, and I think it's cool to see their mentors and support team's reactions on social media. (And I've been down a social media rabbit hole for 1 day.)

Sam Chouinard, their choreographer:
I'm filled with Joy and LOVE right now... Couldn't be prouder of our Team !! We are making History Baby @tessavirtue17 & @scottmoir14 @mf_dubreuil @patrice_lauzon @ginettecournoyer
Still on a HIGH from that win ! Miss you guys and can't wait for you to come back so we can finally celebrate
Next project : @starsonice
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfeFMN0A7uz/?taken-by=samchouinard15

Baz Lurhmann, director of Moulin Rouge:

Come what may… this moment is your congratulations @tessavirtue & @ScottMoir on your big win last night for @TeamCanada. It has been inspiring watching you both give your all… #MoulinRouge #PyeongChang2018
https://twitter.com/bazluhrmann/status/965982274591260672

Jean-Marc Genereux, former choreographer
Yes!!!!!! BRAVO ...YES!!!! @scottmoir14 & @tessavirtue !!! GOLD!!!!
https://twitter.com/JMGenereux/status/965803672641982464

Scott Livingston, their trainer:
OMG they did it! So happy for them and the whole crew! Amazing
https://twitter.com/builtbyscott/status/965808281611587585
Two years in the making, a wonderful dream come true! Proud to have been a part of Canadian Olympic history and...
https://twitter.com/builtbyscott/status/965903845212741634
It doesn’t get any better than that! Still on pins and needles! What a treat to have served these two! Love you guys #gocanadago
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfasNQhHqDy/

Jaime Livingston, their other trainer:
What a night! Couldn’t be happier for these two amazing people. The last two years have been a lesson in purpose, execution, determination, adjustment, collaboration and clarity. Way to leave your mark on ice dance, Olympic Competition, your careers and in my heart for life! You did it @tessavirtue17 and @scottmoir14! Congrats. So well deserved! Xoxo
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfZ-IIcAtA1/

Their former coach as kids, Suzanne Killing:
od Retweeted Scott Moir
Yes you did!! So incredibly proud of not only your skate but what an amazingly supportive & connected partnership you have. Eeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! xoxox
https://twitter.com/s_killingwood/status/965967923130109952

Mathieu Caron, their designer:
Performances à couper le souffle, saison parfaite, chimie électrisante, porteurs de drapeau, maintes fois médaillés olympiques: mille bravos à Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir pour leur performance d'hier soir qui leur a valu une seconde médaille d'or!
#tothegold #prouddesigner
https://www.facebook.com/FeelingparMathieuCaron/

Marnie McBean, their mentor:
I know @tessavirtue is a big @JimCuddy fan so I hope someone shows this montage to her and @ScottMoir. @GoldMedalPlates
(She links to the Jim Cuddy-voiced montage).

jl22aries

Chiming in to say how AMAZING they are, how grateful I feel. Grateful for their talent, grateful for their work. Grateful to their families, coaches, Skate Canada, their entire support system. So much WORK goes into creating magnificent moments like the many that they have gifted to us.

If they were to write a book, I'd be more curious to learn about all the work than I would be around the gossip. I mean, the gossip is fun too, ha. But man, all those B210 related articles/interviews were SO interesting and enlightening. Anytime the focus is on the intricacies of their commitment, those are the parts I find fascinating, those are the parts that I think are really worth sharing and celebrating.

jl22aries

Marnie McBean, their mentor:
I know @tessavirtue is a big @JimCuddy fan so I hope someone shows this montage to her and @ScottMoir. @GoldMedalPlates
(She links to the Jim Cuddy-voiced montage).

Oh thank you for sharing all the quotes from their various supports!

Also, CBC interviewed Tessa and Scott the day after the FD and showed them the montage. The camera stayed on their faces through much of the screening. I can't find the video at the moment, sorry!

Twilight1

She meant you spoke like they are the current world champs..sorry but you post these things then wonder why people react in a certain way, then when they do you act all innocent, you are instigating things imo..so let's just leave it there..

I will be sure to quote you specifically from now on then, so everyone knows when you bad mouth their top competitors I am speaking to you directly and not them. :lol:

jayta

I'm sad to hear from them that they will not finish the season with Worlds...:( That's sad. Understandable, but sad.

forthewin

I will be sure to quote you specifically from now on then, so everyone knows when you bad mouth their top competitors I am speaking to you directly and not them. :lol:
Seriously what's the matter with you? Don't you have something better to do?

Shayii

I'm sad to hear from them that they will not finish the season with Worlds...:( That's sad. Understandable, but sad.
I’m actually kinda happy they’re not lol. Honestly this week and half has almost given me hypertension. I was so drained after the FD, I didn’t have enough energy left to expend on the ladies. No part 2 for me in Milan (though I know it wouldn’t have been to the same extend), no ma’am.

elisa_p

I’m actually kinda happy they’re not lol. Honestly this week and half has almost given me hypertension. I was so drained after the FD, I didn’t have enough energy left to expend on the ladies. No part 2 for me in Milan (though I know it wouldn’t have been to the same extend), no ma’am.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I'm SPENT after these 4 competitions and honestly they got the best possible send off anyone could ever want for them so I'm absolutely OK with them retiring now and moving on to doing other things that I can enjoy. I'd love to see a few more show numbers from them and if they ever get into coaching, I will suddenly start watching and waiting for KnC shots like you wouldn't believe. LOL

kittysk8ts

Me too, OMG, I am exhausted. Hahaha. It's all about me, ya know. We have been left with 4 perfect Olympic performances, a Games none of us could have even dreamt would be SO perfect for them. They deserve a rest.

Imagine how the competitors going from Olympics to Worlds must feel right now. I wonder from where comes the motivation post Olympics?

I have to pull myself together for the ladies free to support Kaetlyn Osmond and Gabby Daleman. I can do this!

ddtpdx

Just watched a fluff piece on NBC titled "Virtue and Moir are skating in PyeonChang with a new hunger". This must have aired prior to their FD in the IE. Not sure how I missed this.

I love one of the things Tessa said in the piece.

"In 2010, we were naive. In 2014, we were defending. And in 2018, things just feel different; it feels like we've given ourselves the freedom to skate the way we've always wanted to."

dramagrrl

arakwafan2006 said:
Tessa and Scott have forgotten more about being classy than some will ever learn.
And yet it seems that they still know more than you.
Haha, @sap5, I had to read @arakwafan2006's above post several times to make sure I was getting its meaning correctly, but I'm pretty sure she meant that as a compliment - that V&M are SO classy that even if they forgot a great deal about classiness, they would still have so much classiness left that others could not even learn to emulate that much.

sap5

Haha, @sap5, I had to read @arakwafan2006's above post several times to make sure I was getting its meaning correctly, but I'm pretty sure she meant that as a compliment - that V&M are SO classy that even if they forgot a great deal about classiness, they would still have so much classiness left that others could not even learn to emulate that much.

Ha ha, you're right! I must be more sleep deprived than I thought! Apologies!

Also want to say that for the moment, VM are #1 in World Standings. Considering that they started with zero points 2 seasons ago, that's amazing.

bbkenn

Clicked on vimeo link and will no longer show the video; I would love to see the FD again. Anyone have a link for me to see it? Can't seem to find it anywhere; it's not on Youtube anywhere that I can find.

Sonata

Virtue and Moir’s effect on the music charts strikes again.

Jim Cuddy’s song, “Pull Me Through”, is the #2 song on iTunes in Canada right now.
The album from which it’s from, The Light That Guides You Home, which was released in 2006, is album #29 on iTunes.

Coincidentally, Jim Cuddy has a new album out, which was released last month and is #22.
That means only 7 spots separate his 2006 and 2018 album on the charts.

But both are beaten by the Moulin Rouge soundtrack, which is the 8th top selling album on iTunes right now.

Wish I could see Scott’s reaction to the Jim Cuddy montage. Apparently he got emotional? Whoever thought of using this song was brilliant - it’s a song about a long-term parternship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information