Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir # 47: Come What May...

Alexandria

I know it's not my place to dictate conversation but why even talk about P/C? It just encourages their fans to respond and continue negativity when this should be a celebration. V/M just won 2 Olympic gold medals and are one of the greatest of all time. It literally doesn't matter a bit what P/C do anymore in relation to V/M. As Scott said, they're done - scores and (former) competitors don't matter anymore!

Judy

I remember reading on here that Scott was dating someone and she’s competing at the Olympics?

Emdee

I know it's not my place to dictate conversation but why even talk about P/C? It just encourages their fans to respond and continue negativity when this should be a celebration. V/M just won 2 Olympic gold medals and are one of the greatest of all time. It literally doesn't matter a bit what P/C do anymore in relation to V/M. As Scott said, they're done - scores and (former) competitors don't matter anymore!

I have been celebrating and celebrating and celebrating.
However, people who walk both sides of the fence come in here and try to figuratively beat people up.

LisaLemon

Seriously? There absolutely IS a comparison and being catty is useless. There is such as thing as respect.

Respect.

Look it up.

Sorry to break it to you but people don't have to agree with your opinion. I prefer V&M and wanted them to win but even I get the precision of P&C

Sorry to break it to you...I don't care, there is no comparison with the French, they have a LONG way to go before they get to be judged along side V&M..if ever!
They WON that FD & the overblown marks for the French won't change that..that was as Dick Button even said..an Iconic Olympic skate..ya'll don't hear him saying that about the French..

firstflight

I have been celebrating and celebrating and celebrating.
However, people who walk both sides of the fence come in here and try to figuratively beat people up.

I think LisaLemon needs no provocation at all to launch into those posts.

Twilight1

Hate to break it to you but I have been through enough fan wars that online temper tantrums don't phase me.

People can like both and your opinion is hardly accurate. ;)

As you said...END OF STORY. ;)

Emdee

Hate to break it to you but I have been through enough fan wars that online temper tantrums don't phase me.

People can like both and your opinion is hardly accurate. ;)

As you said...END OF STORY. ;)
People can like both ...Or not...
We can agree with you...or not...

ngcskate

I'm a little late to the party here, but I have to add how thrilled I am to have witnessed Tessa and Scott's career. I thought it was over when the free score for the French came up, but I'm so glad I was wrong! Running low on sleep, but the happiness is keeping me going! I see some people are posting when they've seen Tessa and Scott live. I probably saw them at a local rink when they were little gaffers. I don't live too far away from London/Ilderton and usually attended local events if I could. Aside from that, I've seen them at the London Skating Club anniversary show, 2005 Canadians, 2010 Canadians, 2013 Worlds (volunteered at that one, so got some behind the scenes) and countless Stars on Ice shows (I think I've just missed one that they appeared in.)

dramagrrl

Sorry but I speak my mind & say exactly what I think..it's harsh sometimes but that's life!
If "saying exactly what you think" means "telling other people their opinions are wrong", then you're not being harsh. You're being obnoxious. :p (Just because most of the people in this thread may agree with many of your opinions, it doesn't mean they agree with the ways you express them.)

The Accordion

Golly! Why don't we all just celebrate the amazing skates and determination and beauty and nerves of steel of these 2 wonders! Let's talk about what we loved about any of their 4 Olympic programs or anything that came before! No reason to fight here - where we gather as fans of 2 of the greatest ice dancers of all time so why fight about other skaters or our opinions on this year's material on this thread? Isn't there enough of that elsewhere?

For my part, I fell in love with these 2 when I attended the 2004 Canadians and saw them win juniors! Been a devoted fan ever since, and attended multiple Stars on Ice as well as 2008 Canadians, the training they had at Pacific Coliseum, Skate Canada in Victoria, 2010 Olympics OD and Freedance, 2014 Nationals, 2017 Skate Canada and 2018 Nationals. I am grateful for every program they have performed and very grateful for this comeback!

dramagrrl

I used to follow Canadian skating in the lower (pre-novice, novice, junior) levels much more closely, and followed ice dance at the lower levels especially in the days when I was a devoted B&K fan. I heard buzz about V&M when they won the juvenile Canadian title back in 2000 (!!!). There was a lot of talk about the young teams that were coming out of Paul McIntosh's dance program in Kitchener-Waterloo (many of the novice and junior dance champs in that era were coached by Paul, including Andrew Poje and two of his former partners in his pre-novice to junior days), and Scott's name also stood out to me because his brother and cousin were skating at the senior level back then.

I really started paying attention after I saw them skate live at a club competition (it might have been Thornhill Summerskate; I don't remember for sure) in 2001, the year they won the pre-novice Canadian title. I remember thinking even then that they were something special, but kept warning myself not to get invested because every single promising novice or junior pairs or dance team I fell in love with in those days ended up breaking up (due to growth reasons, lack of results in higher levels, wanting to switch partners due to training locations, etc.). Then they won the junior title a year earlier than most expected them to, vaulted into the senior ranks, and it was almost all uphill from there, aside from a few dicey seasons in their early senior/junior international years when every other skating fan would doom them with Tessa outgrowing Scott any day soon.

I have been very lucky to see them compete live many times. I saw them skate and was able to talk to them several times in a tiny community arena at Thornhill Summerskate, a pre-season competition that was popularly used as a test skate for any skaters in the Ontario/Michigan area prior to the introduction of pre-GP internationals like the Autumn Classic. I have also seen them in Stars on Ice several times since they joined the CSOI cast. In terms of "big" competitions, I saw them at the 2005 and 2010 Canadians in London and this year's Canadians in Vancouver. I also saw them at the 2005 World Junior Championships in Kitchener and at least one or two SCI years, but I can't even remember which.

Most importantly, I was extremely lucky to be in in Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver for both the SD and the FD when the won their first Olympic title in 2010. Seeing them win that gold medal in a Canadian crowd was a moment I will remember clearly for the rest of my life.

Judy

I was thinking during the official medal ceremony today ... could Dick Pound look any more grumpy? I mean SMILE!

forthewin

I have to say V/M's profiles are growing much bigger thanks to their brilliant performance to MR and being the flag bearer during this Olympic. No doubt they are international celebrities now. The fame is just bonus for all the hard work they put in day after day and for all the amazing art they brought year after year. I'm so happy for them. And I truly believe you can't find better ice dance or even figure skating icons than them.

Guinevere

Does anyone have a copy of Leslie Jones and Adam Rippon's commentary? NBC says content is no longer available.

Plusdinfo

Love their performances from 2018... and 2014 and 2010. Not only do they have an emotional, artistic impact on me, but I appreciate their technical and skating mastery. Don't think I could have asked for anything more from them this season. They truly impressed me after impressing me so many times before.

Twilight1

People can like both ...Or not...
We can agree with you...or not...

Did I say anything differently? Opinions are solely opinions. Facts are based on logic and indisputable evidence. Evidence is actually against opinion because it can actually be backed up with information. Opinions can be based on facts but still are a judgement thus can be biased and can be based in emotion.

Facts over opinions.

In this case, P&C are World Champions and have the highest recorded freedance score. So facts are actually in conflict with some people's opinions. ;)

That said, loved watching Tessa and Scott in their CBC interview. Really wish they would stick around another 2 years...

skategal

Bunny mama
I am still so happy that they won and pulled it off despite all the odds! What an amazing duo!! :respec:

Champions find a way to win when there seems to be no way to win....and that is exactly what they did. :cheer2:

Anyone else swoon when Scott was singing to Tessa "I will love you, come what may...until our dying days" during their FD? :swoon:

I busted out crying when they won. :wuzrobbed

Couldn't believe it. So happy for them. :respec: :cheer2:

Emdee

Did I say anything differently? Opinions are solely opinions. Facts are based on logic and indisputable evidence. Evidence is actually against opinion because it can actually be backed up with information. Opinions can be based on facts but still are a judgement thus can be biased and can be based in emotion.

Facts over opinions.

In this case, P&C are World Champions and have the highest recorded freedance score. So facts are actually in conflict with some people's opinions. ;)

That said, loved watching Tessa and Scott in their CBC interview. Really wish they would stick around another 2 years...
While it is an incontrovertible fact that PC won the free the fact we are disputing is fairness of the result.

I can argue with you ad infinitum...or not.

Tessa and Scott were the preeminent couple on the ice in both the SD and FD and deserve their second OGM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information