Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir # 47: Come What May...

Emdee

I am still so happy that they won and pulled it off despite all the odds! What an amazing duo!! :respec:

Champions find a way to win when there seems to be no way to win....and that is exactly what they did. :cheer2:

Anyone else swoon when Scott was singing to Tessa "I will love you, come what may...until our dying days" during their FD? :swoon:

I busted out crying when they won. :wuzrobbed

Couldn't believe it. So happy for them. :respec: :cheer2:

I have spent the last two days on a TS retrospective. Such an amazing body of work with a mind boggling variety. They never stuck to the familiar but challenged themselves again and again. The last two years were wonderful. We are lucky to have had a team like that.

For the 2013 Worlds I had made,with Pani’s help, a banner that calls them our living legends.

Goody2shoes

After watching one of tv interviews in one of the earlier posts, sounds like v/m is holding off announcing any formal talk of retirement. I don't blame them. Still riding on high from that win :D (Goodness, even I'm all for having them stay a little while longer. Especially if the chosen SD pattern will be a romantica tango/paso doble type. Does anyone know?)

Goody2shoes

I have spent the last two days on a TS retrospective. Such an amazing body of work with a mind boggling variety. They never stuck to the familiar but challenged themselves again and again. The last two years were wonderful. We are lucky to have had a team like that.

For the 2013 Worlds I had made,with Pani’s help, a banner that calls them our living legends.

Agree. I'm drawn to them not only because they decided themselves that they want to make their skating skills better each year they compete but also push themselves artistically. I particularly care on the topic of great skating skills because in my mind, it's still a sport. But figure skating comes in with artistry too. So if skaters are able to combine and complement both in balance, that's what makes it amazing.

Before ppl get all crazy about what I'm saying, it is not throwing shade to other skaters who feel comfortable in what they skate. And that's fine. It's just my opinion (and preference) when I watch different skaters who try to challenge themselves each year. This revive my admiration for them year after year and that makes them unforgettable in my mind and heart.

(Btw, I mainly watch ice dance discipline, and root for skaters other than v/m. But they hold most dear to me. And I only come on this thread because I can talk about more on their material)

Goody2shoes

I was so nervous watching their free dance. I was looking at the tracer, thinking "Please don't turn yellow!" and then waiting for their marks felt like an eternity and then they won!!!
Is it just me or is Scott really not aware that the numbers announced was enough to hint that they were in the lead? I was watching on tv that the audience had a view on the jumbo display before performance on how points to win in order to beat the previous couple who is ranked highest. Regardless, it was so satisfying to watch his reaction after they announced the total and first place finisher. God, I can't get over that post FD and kissncry hugs! (I wanted to be in on it too :lol:)

D

Deleted member 74551

They said they'd not paid any attention to P/C's performance or scores but presumed they'd be laying down a WR so they probably had no clue if they'd done enough. Scott desperately attempting to do maths in his head was cute.

Press this morning seem to all think they're sticking to Long Time Running for the gala. For an exhibition they threw together in about 5 minutes, it's honestly one of my favourite ones they've ever done.

Emdee

They said they'd not paid any attention to P/C's performance or scores but presumed they'd be laying down a WR so they probably had no clue if they'd done enough. Scott desperately attempting to do maths in his head was cute.

Press this morning seem to all think they're sticking to Long Time Running for the gala. For an exhibition they threw together in about 5 minutes, it's honestly one of my favourite ones they've ever done.
It was in contrast to the time when in 2010 he told Tessa that they had come second to Belbin and teased her.

Judy

Did I say anything differently? Opinions are solely opinions. Facts are based on logic and indisputable evidence. Evidence is actually against opinion because it can actually be backed up with information. Opinions can be based on facts but still are a judgement thus can be biased and can be based in emotion.

Facts over opinions.

In this case, P&C are World Champions and have the highest recorded freedance score. So facts are actually in conflict with some people's opinions. ;)

That said, loved watching Tessa and Scott in their CBC interview. Really wish they would stick around another 2 years...

Sorry but V/M are the current world champions? But yes they do have 2 worlds and free dance score.

Didier is now trying to cause controversy by complaining about the Cdn judge ... he has nerve. It’s heartening to know though that the French skaters/fans hate him and want to be rid of him too.

lauravvv

P&C are 2 time champs. No where in my post did I discuss anything about V&M NOT being current World champs. ;)
I did not read what you were talking about previously, but V/M are 3 time World champions. They did not have an opportunity to become World champions more than once after returning this quad as they returned just two seasons ago and are not going to this season's Worlds.

Of course, P/C will have an opportunity to become World champions several more times if they stay until the next Olympics.

Last edited:

Twilight1

You stated that P/C are world champions is what I was referring to.
And they are world champions are they not? Like Bourne & Kraatz, Davis & White, Grishuk & Platov etc.

Not sure where you guys are getting confused here. I was responding to someone who has a hate on for P&C like they came from no where and have no right to the marks they get. They believed that there was no competition between them and V&M and I explained that actually P&C are in fact amazing skaters. ;)

Goody2shoes

Last edited:

Judy

And they are world champions are they not? Like Bourne & Kraatz, Davis & White, Grishuk & Platov etc.

Not sure where you guys are getting confused here. I was responding to someone who has a hate on for P&C like they came from no where and have no right to the marks they get. They believed that there was no competition between them and V&M and I explained that actually P&C are in fact amazing skaters. ;)

Of course they are. You do not get to be world champions or Olympic medalists without being extremely good.

Emdee

We are not disputing that PC are amazing skaters...just not so amazing technicians. We are categorically stating that VM have the entire package...skating skills, technical brilliance, an amazing connection and ability to feel the music ...I could go on and on.I usually dont jump all over people but it appears to me that you have come into a VM thread to dump PC down our throats that is why I have taken up the cudgels!
Pax now...we have all had our say let us enjoy our favourite team in all their glory as they have vanquished their opponents and won the gold.

Emdee

I must have seen MR a number of times. So happy I went to Skate Canada and sat in the front row.
I have never seen the movie so had no biases. The program grew on me and in it’s final form was thrilling and exhilarating. I am so happy they kept the carmen lift.

Roxanne and Come what May are just playing in my head!

double runner

Is it just me or is Scott really not aware that the numbers announced was enough to hint that they were in the lead? I was watching on tv that the audience had a view on the jumbo display before performance on how points to win in order to beat the previous couple who is ranked highest. Regardless, it was so satisfying to watch his reaction after they announced the total and first place finisher. God, I can't get over that post FD and kissncry hugs! (I wanted to be in on it too :lol:)

Trying to right the ship here...

I don't think they were aware of the exact number they had to beat to get into first place. Of the four of them, I think Patrice was the only one who was very aware-watch the videos from the kiss n cry and you can see him whispering to Tessa "It's enough. You win." Honestly, I remember seeing on TV that they were ranked first but second in the FD and it took me a while to figure it out. I imagine with all that adrenaline, they really couldn't comprehend until they heard that they were first overall from the house announcer (PJ!!!)

Shayii

Does anyone have a copy of Leslie Jones and Adam Rippon's commentary? NBC says content is no longer available.
I posted it up thread.
I wondered if they misheard the question and thought they were asked “what is he saying to them”?
If you see the video it seems clear they understood the question. Scott says it’s a ritual Marie and Patch did themselves when competing, but still I would ask what I’m being sprayed with lol.

You guys it’s ok! I think many VM fans are also fans of PC as well, myself included (I could watch their To Build a Home program all day). But VM are my babies and I do think they’re the stronger skaters. Now that VM are done (sail off into the sunset so I don’t have a panic attack on account of you two), I’ll be PC’s biggest fan :cheer2:. Anyway getting off my soapbox I just don’t think we need to fight over this.

Judy

I don't think they were aware of the exact number they had to beat to get into first place. Of the four of them, I think Patrice was the only one who was very aware-watch the videos from the kiss n cry and you can see him whispering to Tessa "It's enough. You win." Honestly, I remember seeing on TV that they were ranked first but second in the FD and it took me a while to figure it out. I imagine with all that adrenaline, they really couldn't comprehend until they heard that they were first overall from the house announcer (PJ!!!)

I heard him answer that question in an interview and he said he couldn’t see what the audience was seeing and because they came 2nd in FD he wanted it to be official.

Shayii

Ok, there is so much content I really can’t keep up trying to post as much as I can. Thanks to iceprincess for doing compilation of the videos here are some
http://cuteiceprincesslove.tumblr.com/post/171125818846/og-2018-tessa-and-scott-cbc-videos
http://cuteiceprincesslove.tumblr.com/post/171125905016/og-2018-tessa-and-scott-tsn-videos

Scott got pissed at the press conference when asked about their relationship and said the status of their relationship is no one’s business. All the attention must be driving them insane.

Judy

Ok, there is so much content I really can’t keep up trying to post as much as I can. Thanks to iceprincess for doing compilation of the videos here are some
http://cuteiceprincesslove.tumblr.com/post/171125818846/og-2018-tessa-and-scott-cbc-videos
http://cuteiceprincesslove.tumblr.com/post/171125905016/og-2018-tessa-and-scott-tsn-videos

Scott got pissed at the press conference when asked about their relationship and said the status of their relationship is no one’s business. All the attention must be driving them insane.

I saw that but I didn’t take it as pissed .. more joking. When I saw them at the CBC studio yesterday they both looked tired and Scott’s voice was kinda going. Naturally Tessa still looked gorgeous.

muffinplus

I saw that but I didn’t take it as pissed .. more joking. When I saw them at the CBC studio yesterday they both looked tired and Scott’s voice was kinda going. Naturally Tessa still looked gorgeous.

Which video is Scott's reaction in?

elisa_p

I also was super confused when the scores came. All I saw was the total of 206 point something and P/C’s 205 point something was ingrained in my mind but there’s a delay with V/M actually seeing the scores so I thought I was dreaming this up because they were reacting. LOL. It was a wild ride that’s for sure.

Shayii

You’re right pissed was the wrong word I would say annoyed.
Which video is Scott's reaction in?
It’s probably in one of the links I posted above. I can’t look for the exact location now.

Emdee

Thanks, Shay and ice too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information