Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir # 47: Come What May...

Winnipeg

Likely, Scott would be tipsy after only one beer because I doubt he is used to having beer as an athlete!

rvi5

Judging by his lip movement, he says...

“??? ??? ???, whats up!”

but I could be wrong.

ETA: or he could be saying “??? ??? ???, wise up!”

Last edited:

Judy

Kaitlyn Weaver cheered for the Canadian hockey team at Sochi. I wonder if she received flak from some Americans for doing that.

I don’t find there is a lot of time to drink many beers at a hockey game unless you’re spending a lot of time in the bar beforehand.

For me I’m skated out ... will watch the ladies tonight and cheer on the Cdn ladies then take a break from reading. It was a great week though! For me I watched the 1988 Olympics where Orser and Manley won medals but there was a long drought and then the ugliness of Salt Lake City. I’d never imagined to see 2 golds within 8. years ... usually my favourites lose. It is sport though.

skategal

Bunny mama
The replay of the game is on tv now.

I just saw the clip with Scott. :lol:

He's saying "Are you kidding me? Wake up!" to the referees because Canada got 3 penalties called on them right in a row.

The announcer was complaining about the call and then said "Yeah, Scott Moir doesn't like it either." :respec: :rofl:

VGThuy

I wanted to share this sweet moment between Scott/Tessa and the Shibs:

https://twitter.com/stcrgirls/status/966698401965342720

I can't help but think of them like family even though V/M and the Shibs probably didn't interact that much while they were training together and Maia and Alex seem closer to Meryl/Charlie. I remember that sweet moment at 2011 Worlds when Scott/Tessa received their scores and Scott looked up and saw that Maia/Alex were in second and screamed "Alex and Maia!" and excitedly showed Tessa that they were medaling.

fs.rrb

It’s great to see them this happy and relaxed! Sooo deserved. Let’s enjoy their legend status now ;)

I’m really looking forward to the gala. Will there be any surprise? It’s not very likely, I think, but if we get any kind of Tessa/Scott - Yuna interaction during the gala I think I’ll die of happiness :respec:. Just imagine...a Vancouver gold medalist and Sochi silver medalist reunion. I just love them all! :swoon:

D

Deleted member 74551

They've been one of the biggest stories of the Games (apparently their FD got the highest live viewing figures in Canada by miles so far and the country is going to flip over Long Time Running because you can't get much more Canadian than Virtue and Moir to The Tragically Hip) but I'd say give it to someone like Mark McMorris, and V/M would probably pass it up in someone else's favour too.

Shayii

Thank you. :)
Please let me know. :saint:
It’s from a BBC stream (I’m guessing online) but they don’t have other footage on the drive :(
I have my doubts, but I wonder if they’ll be asked to carry the flag in the closing ceremony
Isn’t the gala happening the same time as the closing ceremony? I swear I read it somewhere.

That clip posted above of the Shibs embracing Tessa and Scott is so sweet. This one of Kaitlyn and Andrew congratulating them is really nice too; look how Kaitlyn runs up to hug Tessa so sweet. It’s nice to see how supportive everyone is. http://icevirtuemoir.tumblr.com/post/171178179670/canadian-ice-dance-family

screech

Isn’t the gala happening the same time as the closing ceremony? I swear I read it somewhere.
According to Wikipedia, the gala is happening at Feb 25 at 9:30 am (local). Also according to Wikipedia, the closing ceremony will be Feb 25 at 8:00pm (local).

I have my doubts, but I wonder if they’ll be asked to carry the flag in the closing ceremony
If they hadn't carried in the opening, I wouldn't be surprised if it was them, but I highly doubt any figure skater will get chosen - they'll spread the love!

Judy

According to Wikipedia, the gala is happening at Feb 25 at 9:30 am (local). Also according to Wikipedia, the closing ceremony will be Feb 25 at 8:00pm (local).

If they hadn't carried in the opening, I wouldn't be surprised if it was them, but I highly doubt any figure skater will get chosen - they'll spread the love!

Unfortunately they can’t be picked twice which is fair. I think the parade going in for opening is more riveting then closing.

Shayii

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information