Status
Not open for further replies.

Ka3sha

What do my grass troops longstanding posters hope for the Games?
Oh, that's difficult

Team:
Gold/(Patriotic): OAR.
You probably won't believe me but before all that mess with OAR, the IOC's invitations and doping scandals, I was rooting for Canada (V/M, Chan, Gabby) to win that team gold, but right now I want all olympic athletes from Russia to prove everything, have the best skates of their lives and enjoy the moment
Medal: USA for bronze if H/D, Adam and Mirai take part in the TE, otherwise, bronze for ITA

Men:
Gold: Chen
Silver: Uno
Bronze: Kolyada/Chan
Patriotic: a medal for Kolyada (and two clean skates, please), top-10/12 for Aliev
Overall: Han Yan :kickass: Deniss :kickass: Michal :gallopin1

Ladies:
Gold: Evgenia. Euros in Moscow almost made me a fan of hers (and now I said it :D) and now I definitely rooting for her at the Olys
Silver: Caro :swoon:
Bronze: Zagitova/Gabby

Pairs:
Gold: :glamor: or S/H. For sentimental reasons I want Aliona to win but am far from enjoying Bruno's skating , so won't be upset with S/H's win
Bronze/Patriotic: T/M and their awful Candyman on the podium. They have to get an award for skating to this for the whole season :biggrinbo
Overall: A/R ahead of Zzzzabiyako, J/C to have two emotional skates like at last Euros

Ice Dance:
Gold: V/M or P/C - will decide on the day of the event, want the best team to win
Bronze: H/D
Overall: i don't want twizzles to ruin the event. Top-12 for Sara/Kirill :p

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
So we are heading towards the Games. Will there be glory? Will there be gold? Will there be bronze? No one cares about silver anyway.

Here a bossmans hopes:

Dude, how could you forget, Nordics is this weekend, one of the best competitions of the year!? :p I got an email advertising the paid stream, I don't know if I'm that desperate to pay to watch this event with no Helgesson presence. :drama:

No fear, everyone, I will provide the much anticipated Nordics TTW preview!

LADIES

Ostlund is competing here. :eek: Isn't that cutting it a little close to the Olympics? Although it may be a really good idea to compete once more after that horrorshow Euros LP.

Yet no Algottsson. Yikes.... :gallopin1

I can't wait to see what bitchy comments Lindfors will have after the competition. :EVILLE:

Ooooh, we also get Morgan Flood and Gerli! And Pernille Sorenson, who has a great SP and more importantly, hot coach. I may have to pay for the stream after all!
Obligatory CGjersem reference for @SmallFairy goes here.

MEN

Not a bad little field, we get sixpack Naurits vs Majarov's ass, also Dr. V and Schott's BFF (also has the same TES as Schott, too). @Jeschke, is Samuel Koppel the hot Estonian guy we liked earlier this fall? :lol: Or is that a different Estonian?

JUNIOR LADIES

Rooting for Caroline ORESKOV CHRISTOFFERSEN, because I've never seen the results grid stretched so far out! :respec:

RoseRed

Team:
Gold: Canada all the way! :encore:
Medal: ITA or USA. It would be so cool to see Italy medal, but if H/D are in the TE I also would want them to medal.
Patriotic: Same as gold. Good skates for Chan
Fear: ---
Overall: H/D get to skate

Men:
Gold: Agreed with Boss, I seriously have no hope for gold. I just want Chan's Olympic moment. Actually I think I could live with all the likely candidates. The most with Chen and Javi probably (would be super cool for Spain)
Medal: Chan, I need that olympic moment! :drama: Kolyada, Javi.
Patriotic: Seriously Patrick, two mostly clean skates. Please. Keegan backflips off the ice like at Nationals.
Fear: Sochi-like splat fest
Overall: Dima skates like at Euros, good skates for BabyRizzo, Julian Yee, Adam

Ladies:
Gold: Evgenia. Not sure exactly when it happened, but she's won me over at some point in the past 1.5 years.
Medal: Kaetlyn
Patriotic: Kaetlyn skates a clean FS, Gabby is top 6
Fear: Zagitova gold
Overall: Canadian girls 1&2 skate great, Zhenya is OAR 1, Anita skates well since the SOC actually sent her, SOuth Koreans skate well at home

Pairs:
Gold: Empress :glamor: #missiongold - I'm in. They finally got me at GPF.
Medal: Meagan and Eric
Patriotic: S/B surprise people
Fear: T/M gold.
:drama:
Overall: CZE with great comeback! North Koreans and Aussies make the FS

Ice Dance:
Gold: V/M all the way! :encore:
Medal: H/D for an all Gadbois podium, or W/P
Patriotic: Weapo skate well, Andrew twizzle! No disasters please. Good skates for G/P too
Fear: C/B medal
Overall: Not like the FD at Worlds last year please. Good skates all around. H/D #1 USA at the very least.

J

Jeschke

Canada all the way! :encore:We just have to decide the punishment for our bet
I am still in for the Shibs-shirt for you, and da Meagan-shirt for me :D

Same as above, I swear if Italy medals I get drunk for 3 days :40beers:
So where is the difference to usual days? :huh: :D

Gold: Empress Sui :glamor:
Gold: :glamor: or S/H.
That you 2 do even dare :drama:

Medal: Meagan of course!
That you have the balls to mention that in here :drama::respec:

H/D H/D H/D H/D H/D H/D H/D H/D H/D H/D THIS IS MY SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT WISH OF THE SEASON :swoon::swoon::swoon:
I am seriously concerned.

Dude, how could you forget, Nordics is this weekend, one of the best competitions of the year!?
Me :wall:

I got an email advertising the paid stream
This is so sad!

@Jeschke, is Samuel Koppel the hot Estonian guy we liked earlier this fall? :lol: Or is that a different Estonian?
Amateur you are! :mitchell:
Estionan puppy#2 was Aleksandr Seleveko!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcYCemjnB6j/?taken-by=aleksandrselevko
I feel like @SmallFairy linking black/white photos by junior skaters in here :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Vagabond

Team:
Gold: :gallopin1
Medal: :unsure:
Patriotic: If the USA does medal, I hope that Nagasu and Rippon are there on the podium.
Fear: Someone on the podium pulls a Plushenko or a Lipnitskaya. :yikes:
Overall: :blah:

Men:
Gold: Fernández, with a clean skate. (I would be happy reversing this with the next.)
Medal: Chan, with a clean skate.
Patriotic: Chen on the podium and determined to win in the land of his ancestors in four years' time.
Fear: Samohin does something dreadful to himself. :scream:
Overall: Samohin has a good Free Skate. Good video of Aliev throwing up. :gallopin1

Ladies:
Gold: Kostner. :swoon:
Medal: Sakamoto. :inavoid:
Patriotic: Nagasu on the podium with other two, with clean programs, triple axels, Manley lutz, and all.
Fear: Zagitova winning and doing a number from The Hunchback of Notre Dame for her Exhibition.
Overall: Medvedeva higher than Zagitova, Nagasu and Chen higher than a clean Tennell, Hendrickx highest-placed finisher other than OAR, JPN, CAN, and USA.

Pairs:
Gold: Franco-Ukrainian Germans or Sui & Han.
Medal: James & Ciprès leave #TTW behind. :gallopin1
Patriotic: Two clean programs, maybe? :saint:
Fear: Morozov too depressed to skate.
Overall: Australians fix their choreography.

Ice Dance:
Gold: Papadakis & Cizeron. Scott Moir irks me.
Medal: Two USA couples, maybe?
Patriotic: Three-way cat fight for bronze. :cat:
Fear: :sleep:
Overall: Anglo-Franco-Luso-Australian Russians do well. :kickass:

Last edited:

Vagabond

LADIES

Ostlund is competing here. :eek: Isn't that cutting it a little close to the Olympics?

Not really. Sweden didn't qualify for the Olympic Team Event. ;)

The Nordic Ladies' Free Skate is Feb. 2, the Opening Ceremony is on Feb. 9, and the Olympic Ladies' Short Program is on Feb. 22. She's got plenty of time to get to South Korea regardless of whether she participates in the Opening Ceremony.

ETA:
JUNIOR LADIES

Rooting for Caroline ORESKOV CHRISTOFFERSEN, because I've never seen the results grid stretched so far out! :respec:
@alchemy void How could you forget Lynn Kriengkrairut/Logan Giulietti-Schmitt?! :gallopin1

Further ETA: Asdis Arna FEN BERGSVEINSDOTTIR FTW! :kickass:

Last edited:

dinakt

Team:
Gold: OAR. And I think OAR has a chance, they'll be skating angry.

Men:
I want Fernandez to medal, and for Aliev to skate his best. Nice revelations from Chan, Kolyada or Ten are most welcome. Hope Chen kicks $$$, and with that, hope he medals.

Ladies:
Caro to shine, Daleman to shine, Med to shine (and win).

Pairs:
Gold. Sav/Mas, though I will not be broken hearted if Sui/Han take it as long as Sav/Mas skate their best.
James/Cipres for surprise bronze.
Australians, North Koreans and Alexa and Chris to have a good Olympic moment- #noregrets

Ice Dance:
Gold: P/C by a smidge, but- wholeheartedly- may the best team on the day win.
Bronze: H/D all the way.

S

SmallFairy

Dude, how could you forget, Nordics is this weekend, one of the best competitions of the year!? :p I got an email advertising the paid stream, I don't know if I'm that desperate to pay to watch this event with no Helgesson presence. :drama:

No fear, everyone, I will provide the much anticipated Nordics TTW preview!

@alchemy void takes responsibility!

Can't wait for Nordics! But can't believe I have to pay for the stream! My coach is the Norwegian team leader, YAY! She was wondering "how on earth do you get to Rovaniemi?" but I see on FB they all made it:lol:

Great field in all categories. Men - Both Naurits, Dr. Valtter and Oddvoll the great. Guess Majorov is after the win here. And don't forget to keep an eye on Roman Galay:smokin:

Ladies - Camilla, slay! Hope Pernille keeps riding her Strid-wave - She got a pb at Euros with tons of points. It's the Kalle-effect.

I'm actually really into junior and novice girls, as I practice with some of them, or know their parents etc etc. Kari Sofie Tellefsen is the daughter of our famous violinist Arve Tellefsen. Her younger sister also skates. Very talented both! Hopefully some voids by all those tiny firecrackers, especially Milla and Linnea!

All Icelandic girls have such voidy names!

S

SmallFairy

Oh dear, Olympic glory....

Viking take on it:

Team:
Gold: OAR it must be! It could include some team involvement....
Medal: ITA and USA. If Adam skates, that is. And Mirai.
Patriotic: Japan slaying, at least making the FS. Adam skates and USA medals (se above:D)
Fear: None, as Paul Bonifacio Parkinson is not competing:EVILLE:
Overall: ---

Men:
Gold: Uno, Chen or Hanyu (yes, go crucify me now:lol:. I stand strong alone in the storm) GO TEAM JAPAN! This would also be my dream podium, in any order, if my brain is speaking. If my heart is speaking, some more guys would be in the mix.
Medal: D10 FOR BRONZE!!!! #luchenrevival #ithappenedbeforeitcanhappenagain But on the more realistic side...Kolyada!
Patriotic: Dima skating clean in both programs, placing 5th, like Abt:p Adam nailing everything, making everyone remembering his programs forever, placing 5th. 5th it is. Cutie Tanaka having a great Olympic experience.
Fear: D10 bombing that stunning sp and not making the final....
Overall: I guess I said it all....

Ladies:
Gold: Kostner (if she does more than three triples....:shuffle:)or Med. Can't believe I said that. Hopefully the power of chartreuse can conquer them all. But we know where the battle is, right? And according to that, GO MED, kick the tutu! Power of Sailor Moon! (this post is handling out power left and right!)
Medal: Sakamoto! I'm übering you girl!
Patriotic: (as long as no Norwegians are competing, I can write anything here, right?:lol:) TEAM JAPAN:cheer2: Mirai laying it down!
Fear: Zag gold, with her non extended arms, legs and rushed moves....
Overall: Anita slay, Emmi slay, Schott slay
Upset: Bradie cracking up everything.... oh dear

Pairs:
Gold: Empress or S/H. I'm so torn. But I guess I have to go with Empress:glamor: as I suppose it's now or never. (We said that four years ago too, right?)
Medal: Fierce and ginger. Radford and partner. I can't believe I wrote that either. But my heart runs in mysterious ways...
Patriotic: J/C - they are my Ina/Zimmerman of these Olympics. They will be voidy and creative and slay in both programs, and place 5th. Maybe Morgan can borrow John's SP pants?
Fear: Ginger getting an even more horrid tie.
Overall: North Koreans skating nailing it! They're so cute and fun. Baby Czechs back to form. Stiegler/Kiefer nailing it too.

Ice Dance:

Gold: P/C ALL THE WAY! And no one or nothing can make me change my mind! :cheer2:
Medal: Bobsol, but I can live with BabyItalians too. Other than that I don't care much, except for...
Patriotic: Kana & Chris! Have the skate of your lives and place 5th! Love their FD!
Fear: I'll pass out during the SD as I just can't take all that latin stuff
Overall: See: Gold Also: Free the Danes!!!:mitchell:

J

Jeschke

Important news after @SmallFairy hopes/fears:
She has, besides norvegian, japanese, US and french heritage.

Resi Stiegler denied her spot on the US alpine ski slalom ladies team but is skating pairs now with Severin Kiefer for Austria.

:D

S

SmallFairy

Important news after @SmallFairy hopes/fears:
She has, besides norvegian, japanese, US and french heritage.

Resi Stiegler denied her spot on the US alpine ski slalom ladies team but is skating pairs now with Severin Kiefer for Austria.

:D

:rofl:
Hey, cut me some slack, it's early morning. And wasn't there some American siblings named Stiegler skating pairs??:p

morqet

rising like a phoenix
No patriotic comments because... well you've all seen GBR this season

Team:
Gold: Don't care, unless Mirai gets to skate, in which case, USA!
Medal: Anyone who can break up OAR/USA/CAN - I guess ITA or FRA have the best chance

Men:
Gold: Javi
Medal: Anyone from Chan/Uno/Jin
Fear: Splatfest with Hanyu winning again
Overall: Ginger Soldier justifying why he was sent, BabyRizzo with 2 clean programs

Ladies:
Gold: Janny!:encore:
Medal: Kaori or Satoko please! (or both)
Fear: Osmond or Zagitova :blah: especially not with a crazy new world record score. Also Caro turning up in that green thing again.
Overall: Mirai landing clean 3as in both skates and good performances from some random Euro ladies like MBM, da Schott, Ivett and Emmi

Pairs:
Gold: Sui/Han
Medal: J/C of course, but now that Ksenia is out, there is no one else I care about
Fear: Bossman will kill me, but Aliona/Bruno winning. I refuse to acknowledge a world where Bruno has an OGM :drama:
Overall: PRK to slay!

Ice Dance:
Gold: V/M
Medal: surprise silver for one of the US teams over P/C:EVILLE:

Fear: P/C so far ahead after the SD that it's a forgone conclusion for the free
Overall: W/P & C/L with clean skates and happy faces in the K&C #softie

J

Jeschke

well you've all seen GBR this season
I did not see Karly's SP often enough :drama:

good performances from some random Euro ladies like MBM, da Schott, Ivett and Emmi
Random euro lady Schott :drama:

Fear: Bossman will kill me, but Aliona/Bruno winning. I refuse to acknowledge a world where Bruno has an OGM :drama:
Nah, I can see the point. I love S/H and I am fine with them winning. I totally ignore Bruno, it's all about the :glamor:. It would kill my heart too, seeing Bruno walking away with gold, whilst Robin never did. But yeah, my sentimental heart is all in for Aliona!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Well, if Robin had stayed on his feet not once, but twice, he might have had that gold. :drama:

My wish
Team
Gold: OAR all the way
Medal: Italy!
Patriotic: Don't care
Fear: it will be the US in stead of Italy
Overall: Italy and France to make the top 5

Men
Gold: Don't really have a favorite, but if Hanyu skates both programs clean, it should be him since I love those programs
Medal:Chen
Patriotic: Hope Vincent skates well
Fear: Splatfest
Overall: Aliev skates well. I'm pretty much over Kolyada.

Ladies
Gold: I'm fine with either Zagitova, Med or Kostner. Very long odds on Caro and I hope she rocks the green catsuit just because.
Medal: See above
Patriotic: US ladies don't embarrass themselves
Fear: US ladies will embarrass themselves
Overall: It should be great

Pairs
Gold: without Stolbova/Klimov to split my desires, it's all about Sav/Mass
Medal: Tarasova/Morosov earn a medal and flip off all the haterez
Patriotic: won't even go there
Fear: Bruno will be overexcited and pull a Robin
Overall: I'll be biting my nails.

Dance
Gold: P/C
Medal: don't care otherwise
Patriotic: Shibs for the podium!
Fear: None really. This is pretty much ordained
Overall: I'll watch the final group.

Last edited:

3T3T

That really was an epic ending pose by Zijun. I love that programme, have watched it so many times and ended buying the song. I didn’t realise she was a youth Olympic bronze medalist from 2012 behind Liza T and Sotnikova. If true, I wish her a happy retirement.

shady82

If Anna Pogorilaya is to Maria Butyrskaya, then Zijun Li is to Jennifer Robinson and Yuka Nagai is to Yebin Mok.

Areski

As Zijun is reported to have retired, let's remember our first MEEPOTS winner ever!

Zijun :( :fragile:

Not only Zijun but Isabella Tobias also called retirement from competitive skating.

https://neighborhoodseen.com/20-questions-isabella-tobias-lites/

I am surprised that I am the first person to mention it in this thread. :confused:

Both retirements are not surprising actually for me but still rather sad. After Zijun withdrew from her scheduled competitions and witnessing her multiple social media posts unrelated to figure skating one could see it coming. And after she was seen inaugurating some Chinese figure skating rink recently I could tell that this news will emerge in a few days.

Last edited:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Cain/LeDuc are asking for music suggestions, go release your #tt creativity folks https://twitter.com/icegirlash/status/959510357902594048

Color of the Night?
Daddy's Home?

And with that my musical expertise ends. :p

I wish I could see this post, but Aliev has blocked me on twitter. I love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

Jeschke

@Ka3sha can you enlighten us what this ilinykh, lip, miroshkin thing is?
academy by 'failed' youngsters for all disciplines? :shuffle::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information