Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Kwan 98
Kwan 02

I'm still not over it. To be beat by Sarah Hughes nearly ended my skating fandom.

I don't think I can watch Canadian pairs. If Lubov/Dylan don't make the Olympic team, I'll cry. If they do, I'll go back and watch the skate. I don't want to see a melt down.

screech

Liam has another wardrobe malfunction on the exact same spin in the exact same program. As I said in the Canadian men thread, dude should never be allowed to wear clothing with straps again. And OF COURSE this comes right after he actually nails the axel. Dude has so much potential, pulled it together on the 3A this year, and is just a hot mess.

Can the entire Canadian mens team just get their own car on the train?

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Being a fan of queen Bute was sure hard! Thankfully there's the reverse ttw-moment at 98-worlds, when she fell in the steps and still got on the podium for her first world medal!

Do you remember 95 Euros? She dead dropped from podium after a horrid fs and refused to sit in the KnC, so the camera just showed an empty sofa for ages:glamor::gallopin1

95 Euros was before my time watching skating, and even if I were, I would have no way to watch her meltdown back then. However I’ve retroactively experienced that meltdown. :drama: I loved that program and her look that season.

I also remember her winning Euros on my 15th birthday, after being in 5th after the short program. :gallopin1

Dobre

I won't rip the wound open again. But I'm curious about the rest of you and your ultimate trainwreck moments.

Sasha Cohen. It wasn't a moment. It was a career.

Sigh. Still love you, Sasha.

When Mariah Bell missed her last jump at Nationals this year, I turned to my mother & we both said, "Sasha." Wonder how many of the judges thought exactly the same thing. Came back to the hotel from the arena and read the thread. Sure enough. One of the comments on the play by play is something like "Just like Sasha."

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
@Jeschke I will tell you about pole dancing once you agree to put Orzel or Sadovsky (preferably both!) on the watchlist :drama:

And after today I’m on team Larkyn! Come on, she has it all :glamor: , and this weekend she even had some jumps! Plus she’ll look good on the advertisements and can do some more commercials https://youtu.be/1SwFso7NeuA
(look around 1:04 that’s her skating)

I feel sad for Alaine but I really want her to make needed changes and rise like a Phoenix next season! :drama:. Plus now she will hopefully stick around another quad.

S

SmallFairy

95 Euros was before my time watching skating, and even if I were, I would have no way to watch her meltdown back then. However I’ve retroactively experienced that meltdown. :drama: I loved that program and her look that season.

I also remember her winning Euros on my 15th birthday, after being in 5th after the short program. :gallopin1

I know, she looked stunning! And the program was so special and different. Bet it wasn't Kudriatasev who picked the music;)

J

Jeschke

CAN decision day pt.2:

Pairs:

I/M - oh my wounded wounded heart :drama: This FS is so stunning (though I prefer last season's schmaltz), it has so many great moments, unfortunately the complete event was a mess for them. Proud members they are :( The suspense is killing me; the criteria works for them with being CAN#1 at last seasons worlds and placing 6th there. All 3 teams had almost the same GP finishes this season. Oh hell, this will be a nail-biter. I can live with each decision, but I doubt that I/M get the spot in the end. The others skated lights out and they finished way below. I expect them to get worlds and WD. :wuzrobbed
MTM2 - the FS could be stunning, if skated by someone else. They laid it down, but impressed I am not.
S/B - I loved them in their early stages, somehow they lost me during the process. It was nice seeing them back great again, but as said, lost is lost.
D/R - No no no, the change was a bad decision dear Meagan. Muse is olympic material, it build up greatly towards the end and had lots of energy, Adele does not work liked that for them. I think that decision was a great blow for their medal chances on olympic ice (if there have ever been some :EVILLE:)

Men:
Orzel - Goodness, he is not even 18 :D Love him and for the rest I remain silent. Get him away as far as we can from McLeod please! Futre #ttw member, no discussion!
Firus - what a shit farewell :( Those last steps are to die for and I enjoyed every second of it. He will always remain as a 'What could have been...' for me. Farewell Firus, farewell!
Sadovsky - Oh yes mama! Is he too old for junior worlds? Love his musicality, love his skills, love his looks and his sense of humor is totally mine. Summary: love him.
Elvis - Chest hair magic did not work unfortunately, but nontheless, this program, his charme in it. I could watch forever. He is such a performer!
Reynolds - Sad knc face, but I am relieved it's not him in Korea, sorry.
Baldé - nice farewell for him, but sorry, he is CAN Righini and only @alchemy void might see that as an compliment.
Nam - Of all those coming closer into contention (not the :gallopin1-trio of course), I wished it could have been him who makes it; really like his SP, the FS is crap, but there is something about his skating.
Messing - I couldn't care less but I approve the great sportsmanship as he was happy for Baldé and giving him hugs! :respec:
Chan - I pray, I honestly do, for those magic moment in Korea where he works his magic and somehow lands all shit and ends up on podium. The SP can bring me to tears, I love it, the FS is kinda, ehm :blah: for me, but it's Chan, so what? It's obvious he does not care that much anymore, but for gods sake get your balls together for one last month :drama:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Last week our poor bossman experienced his fave from the very early on at last skating lights out, after all these years, nailing the quad, finally....and then winning silver...and then being dumped :wuzrobbed It's the worst. I won't rip the wound open again.
You think it has healed already? :huh::drama:
#amateur

Btw, has someone a linkt to Ross' exhibition after nationals? I long to see :drama:

J

Jeschke

So here is the olympic qualification résumé of our 20 current :gallopin1-members:

Made it: 7
Schott, Brezina, Samohin, Yan, James/Ciprès, Peng/Jin, Coomes/Buckland

Still wobbling: 3
Lecavelier, Peltonen, Aliev

Failed: 5
Leonova, Sakhanovich, Aymoz, Nadeau, Ilyushechkina/Moscovitch

Did not get citizenship: 1
Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen

Got robbed: 2
Miner, Park

Not tried at all: 2
Gold, Stavitskaya

SamuraiK

But we are not a loser team :drama:
Our trainwrecks should to have potential to medal at Euros/4CC/Worlds/Olympics , that means they have at least qualified there... :gallopin1
Thats What i used to naively think but back a few threads i was reminded by TT administration that the Euros/4cc potential does not mean actual medal potential. I mean Aymoz, Sakhanovich and Peltonen are in despite their medal prospects being non existent .
Hell even Stavitskayais Still included and the only way she Will get near an euro pódium is as flower bouquet girl at Euros in Moscow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information