Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabond

Nic landed a beautiful quad toe triple toe then fell into the boards on his triple axel......
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level
2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program
3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again
4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones
:gallopin1

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

CAN Nationals Day 1 recap:

Ladies: What a crap event, Schott would make the team, I don't know if this is :encore: or :yikes:. Poor @pinky166. I hooe Austman brings her OES program back.

Dance: Send #babyfirus all I gotta say!

Pairs: Oh boy, oh boy. It's good I/M ending their career after this season, they don't seem to comfortable with each other this season. Reading the criteria, they seem kinda safe, but they better do not count on it. This season has been very underwhelming (not that S/B's or MTM2's has been stellar).

Men:
Chan - this SP is killing me. So good. Clean at olympics, please! :drama: MESS-shortlist
Reynolds - I know you work hard, but please, anyone else for Korea.
Messing - :blah:
Baldé - So overscored :blah:
Nguyen - I kinda liked that, for the first time I guess :D
Nadeau - So much charisma, such a proud :gallopin1-member; MESS-shortlist
Sadovsky - Love him, seriously, future member, watch it! MESS-shortlist
Firus - no words :wuzrobbed costume malfunction again :drama: POTS-shortlist
Orzel - I leave the comments on his looks to the cougars out there :p But: future member, so so good!

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
hat a crap event, Schott would make the team, I don't know if this is :encore: or :yikes:

Weinzierl would make the team! :eek:

Orzel - I leave the comments on his looks to the cougars out there :p But: future member, so so good!

I may or may not have made a comment about Orzel in the pbp thread. :shuffle:

Nguyen - I kinda liked that, for the first time I guess :D
Nadeau - So much charisma, such a proud :gallopin1-member; MESS-shortlist
Sadovsky - Love him, seriously, future member, watch it! MESS-shortlist

Agreed on all counts! Canadian men are so interesting, mostly hot, and mostly :gallopin1 !

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
I really want to see Austman and Pogo at Euros representing obscure Euro nations. They’d bring some glamor and drama to the event :glamor:

No idea what’s going on with Alaine but if she has another rough FS then I’m on team Larkyn. I just don’t like to see Alaine so upset. If she can rally tomorrow and skate great at the Olympics then I’m all for it, but I’m concerned for her at this point. I feel like it’s all in her head. Her warmup was good! :fragile:

Sad Elvis was underscored! Compared to everyone else he was too low, so now I’m worried for tomorrow. Please bring the chest hair magic and leave the steamroller in Russia :drama: . Orzel and Sadovsky both skated well too while continuing to show :gallopin1 qualities. Both of them will end up on the watchlist or team sooner or later methinks. Like Larkyn Austman they have great OES qualities and would really spice up the penultimate group at Euros if they were eligible. Without Aymoz it’s gonna be dull :blah:

J

Jeschke

Weinzierl would make the team! :eek:
!
Sad as it is, true!

I may or may not have made a comment about Orzel in the pbp thread. :shuffle:
Of course you did! I just wait for @SmallFairy comment! If someone is due a cougar comment it’s her of course!

Agreed on all counts! Canadian men are so interesting, mostly hot, and mostly :gallopin1 !
Can we find a Number 4 (behind Elvis, Orzel and Sadovsky) and team them up with our Russian :gallopin1-4 ladies? #loveisintheair

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Don't forget that Russia has only 2 spots.. if there's no Euros, Russian Figure Skating Federation would have submitted Kolyada and Samarin without a doubt.
RFSF also clearly prefers Samarin to other men ( with the exception of Kolyada), so both 1) and 2) won't happen even if Aliev takes silver or bronze at Euros and Samarin finishes dead last.
I also believe that PFSF preferred Aliev to Voronov at Nats not only because he is younger and more promising but also as it would be hard for him to place ahead of Samarin at Euros giving his inconsistency and boots problems. At the same time Voronov really could have medalled in Moscow and put RFSF into an award position

Speaking of Euros, is anyone going there?

@TAHbKA is coming.

S

SmallFairy

Of course you did! I just wait for @SmallFairy comment! If someone is due a cougar comment it’s her of course!

:lol: Gosh, my rep! Good think Adam is 28 or something.

Haven't been able to catch up on Canadians yet (live stream of Norwegian nationals continuously:D At the moment we have novice girls skating to Twilight) but I went in to watch Orzel. Nah. I guess he's cute, but too vanilla. My Canadian is Balde:smokin: And Radford. And he's grey haired so I won't be taken away just yet.

aliceanne

I wonder what happened to I/M this season. They seemed to be building momentum last season and commentators were hoping they would stay competitive for another season or two. Now all their chemistry is gone and their skating looks labored and lackluster.

His stated goal at the beginning of the season was to skate shows together. I wonder if one of them changed their mind and just wants out now. Now that she has Canadian citizenship she isn't so dependent on their partnership anymore.

Last edited:

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
@SmallFairy comment! If someone is due a cougar comment it’s her of course!

Can we find a Number 4 (behind Elvis, Orzel and Sadovsky) and team them up with our Russian :gallopin1-4 ladies? #loveisintheair

Joseph Phan? I don’t want him to turn into a :gallopin1 but after the 2lz yesterday I think that’s wishful thinking.

J

Jeschke

CAN decision day pt.1:

First of all thanks to @Braulio for uploading like a freakin' speedtrain bastard so I could rewatch with almost no delay :respec: If we ever meet somewhere, I owe you some beers! :40beers:

Dance:
V/M - Moir must be the only one out there I am not crazy about with seethrough fabric :D I loved the silent end, and I am pissed that it's gone. I can understand why they chose so, but I am pissed. Perfect 10's all over the place, nice farewell present for an outstanding career :encore:
G/P - why changing program when it's the same boring thing you're putting out there?
W/P - Je suis malade 2.0 does not work for me. #frozenheart
Babyfirus - oh yes baby :smokin:

Ladies:
Chartrand - Good lord, the sad thing is, this was kinda good for her and that says a lot. I can't wait for the announcement. I love the drama in olympic seasons (and I am still in complete denial regarding the Ross decision :D) Poor @pinky166 , you fought so hard!
Austman - OES forever! Holy crap yes! I hope she gets chosen, I really do. How are the chances of her bringing the 'Great Gatsby' FS of Ondrej Nepela back? We don't even have video proof of that. Whoever finds this, has one entry free in here (maybe :p)
Tamura - Miki you ain't! :drama:
Osmond - a :gallopin1 deluxe; I am pleased she has worlds medal already so I don't have to play the dictator in here again :D If she is on, she is on, awesome jumps...yeah, but we know the rest. And the slow mid-part with a non-existent balletic ability just does not work. Insane scoring. Hate these nationals freak scores. Judges should feel embarassed when even skaters seem kinda embarassed by the scoring (kudos to osmond here :respec:)
Daleman - Mama D is the best :respec: She was even entertaining at (low level) Nebelhorn, awesome reaction. I wished Gabby would have just given a bad ass 'what the hell' again to the scores :rofl: I am still very very very sad, that Gladiator did not work out for her. It was a shit music piece she has taken and doomed from the start without the burned shreds dress. Why the hell does no one listen to me? :huh::huh::huh:

Btw @pinky166 , of yesterdays SP thread:
So @pinky166 where are you? Alaine's battle is on :watch:
Pole dancing :drama:
We still need a detailed explanation for that please :biggrinbo

Last edited by a moderator:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
She's Kielmann and Recnhio's love child. She must go to Korea, she must!!

Omg, that is a perfect description. And level 10 makeup! Those eyelashes! :glamor:

I can’t belive they’d give Alaine the Olympics spot. She had it handed to her on a silver (bronze) platter and has been dreadful all season long, and most of last season too.

If they do, we riot. :gallopin1

S

SmallFairy

And after Ross at Nationals....I've been thinking about those crucial, ultimate trainwreck moments of our lives, I mean, that one, worst moment that tops everything, as I think @Jeschke experienced it last week. For me, as you already know, it was Sasha Abt at Euros 2002. After all the years of agony, he suddenly appeared landing steady quads, skating to Rachmaninov (that was my dream for years, Sasha+Rach, and then it happened) and finally he was set up for winning a big championship, skating great....only to be robbed. I was devastated. You have all seen the video:lol: Last week our poor bossman experienced his fave from the very early on at last skating lights out, after all these years, nailing the quad, finally....and then winning silver...and then being dumped :wuzrobbed It's the worst. I won't rip the wound open again. But I'm curious about the rest of you and your ultimate trainwreck moments. Bring them on! Or are they yet to come? :gallopin1

S

SmallFairy

And btw...I have realized my ttw-destiny started with gymnastics, as I watched before I started watching skating. Henrietta Onodi. She started it all. The queen:glamor: And then there were many more. And then there was Viktoria Karpenko...:gallopin1:wuzrobbed

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SmallFairy

Omg, that is a perfect description. And level 10 makeup! Those eyelashes! :glamor:

I can’t belive they’d give Alaine the Olympics spot. She had it handed to her on a silver (bronze) platter and has been dreadful all season long, and most of last season too.

If they do, we riot. :gallopin1

Alaine (as much as I feel for her) has a terrible the-words-we-are-not-mentioning this season. There's no reason they should prefer her for Korea. No way. Poor girl. But we need fresh blood. And that make-up, yes!! And that "Mein Herr" sp!! I will riot with you!!

S

SmallFairy

Butyrskaya 98 Olympics
Butyrskaya 00 Euros
Butyrskaya 00 NHK
Butyrskaya 00 Worlds
Butyrskaya 01 Euros
Butyrskaya 02 Olympics
Butyrskaya 02 Worlds

:p

Being a fan of queen Bute was sure hard! Thankfully there's the reverse ttw-moment at 98-worlds, when she fell in the steps and still got on the podium for her first world medal!

Do you remember 95 Euros? She dead dropped from podium after a horrid fs and refused to sit in the KnC, so the camera just showed an empty sofa for ages:glamor::gallopin1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information