Team Russia Test Skates: Junior (Aug. 1-9) and Senior (Sept. 7-8)

J

Jeschke

FD videos:
Tiutiunina/Schustizky
Never heard of them. Totally enjoyed it.
She looks still a bit sloppy compared to him in most of her movements/positions though.

Tiutiunina/Schustizky are my pleasant surprise of these test skates. Both are young (16) and most likely won’t make the Junior Worlds team this year, but I will keep an eye on them.
Also, am intrigued to see Rubleva’s debut as a coach on the international level.
They are with Rubleva?

Wasn't Rubleva already on JGP circuit last season? :huh:
Maybe I am mistaken.

J

Jeschke

Is there a list which junior girls and boys are starting today?

J

Jeschke

Any updates/videos appreciated; hola does not work for me.

DobrinFan

Videos of the 1st group of boys plus Kunitsa. They may upload more.

Kunitsa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etmV21hSjp0
Danielian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3xx7393ufc
Letfullin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=631ssdar22M
Mozalev https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwS1oUJm5EA
Yablokov https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_uGGXz5vNo
Samsonov https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwufUSQUTPU
Gumennik https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSEYJ100z58

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Really like Mozalev's glide and movements

What is this music?

oleada

Despite the horrid Danny G choreography I quite enjoyed Samsonov.

Gummenik’s speed looks improved but I wish he got more flow out of the jumps.

Danielian is still by far my favorite so of course he is the one who pops the combo!

@Ka3sha - no Anna Tarusina?

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Just for the record: I would love some Gauz program not starting with bizarre pantomimes/armography,... :wall:
Valieva looks stunning, such soft and smooth landings, awesome lines, love her arms and fingers.
Kanysheva has grown. So pure in her skating. Awesome program, suits her so well.
Disappointed by Tarankova, just skated through the music, seemed not much into it for now.
Who are Frolova's coaches?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Valieva is just exquisite. If she gets a 3A or quad (which seems it will be necessary to make the next Russian Olympic team) she could be another Russian OGM winner. Or turn into Gubanova. :wuzrobbed

zoe111

I’m sure I’m in the minority but I really liked Usacheva followed by Kanysheva. For whatever reason I find Valieva frantic- I want her to hold some sort of position for more than half a second

hanca

Values her privacy
I also preferred Kanysheva and Usacheva to Valieva this time. Last season I liked Valieva more, but she seemed quite nervous and I felt it affected her skating (and my enjoyment of her skating).

Amy L

What is this music?

Yunona and Avos, a Russian rock opera. Johnny Weir used the instrumental version of this music back in 2007/8.

Who are Frolova's coaches?

Panova and Moiseeva.

Last edited:

dinakt

What is this music?

I am planning to uber Mozalev:)
The song from "Unona and Avos" is very popular in Russia; the gist of the song is that two lovers are saying good bye; one is an explorer who is leaving (and who'll die en route), and the refrain is "I will never see you again, I will never forget you". So very sad and very romantic.

It was a strong group of guys. My favorites are Mozalev and Danielian, though Samsonov also looked very good.
Maybe Gumennik could have looked good, too, but I'll steal your quote about Yablokov, and will say it about Gumennik- what the hell was that program.

Junior Ladies were exquisite:swoon:

Last edited:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I usually don't watch juniors until they hit the JGP (unless they're doing a Leonova tribute program or skating to Candyman :shuffle: ), so here are some quick first impressions.

Valieva didn't do anything for me at all. 2 seconds in I can tell she's an Eteri skater, which is great, but I found it hyper-rushed, a little nervy, and not relating to the music. Ridiculous speed and transitions. :eek:

Maya Khromykh, which google translated as Crystal Maya, :cheer: was so much more my style. Lovely, held spread eagle into the 2A and again a held spiral into the 3Lo. Lacking transitions compared to Valieva, but this just seemed so much more mature and organic, if not a little detached.

I love Tarakanova, but girl, this is going to be your third year on the JGP, give us some face! How can you skate to this with absolutely no facial expression whatsoever? Seriously, a plastered-on smile would be an improvement. I like the program quite a bit, it highlights her power, but she needs to perform, just a little bit. She also gets major points for the only fast-paced music selection.

Kanysheva. :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: Stunning program. It looks like she's grown, and I feel like the ice coverage and speed is significantly improved from last year. This program is a perfect vehicle for her. I've already watched it twice.

Sinitsyna. Major points for wearing a graphic tee. Good save on the lutz. There was some interesting choreography at points, but halfway through I found myself looking for Tsareva in the stands...

Usacheva. I liked her, even though this program screams Danny G. I'd probably score her highest overall, but I didn't enjoy the program as much as I liked Kanysheva, Tarakanova, or Crystal Maya.

I am disappointed in the music selections, this was waaaay too ballad-heavy, even for junior ladies. Hopefully we'll mix it up a little bit for the long programs.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

but halfway through I found myself looking for Tsareva in the stands...
Maybe this is the right song for you @alchemy void :drama:
The song from "Unona and Avos" is very popular in Russia; the gist of the song is that two lovers are saying good bye; one is an explorer who is leaving (and who'll die en route), and the refrain is "I will never see you again, I will never forget you". So very sad and very romantic.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Was that the Picasso program from Valieva? That totally went over my head. :shuffle:

I require context clues. Give me a costume with a paintbrush and canvas, please.

Maybe this is the right song for you @alchemy void :drama:

:drama:

This may be odd, but listening to the song, I couldn't help but think of what Queen U could do with this music! #cryforhelp

Last edited:

Amy L

Was that the Picasso program from Valieva? That totally went over my head. :shuffle:

I require context clues. Give me a costume with a paintbrush and canvas, please.

It's more understandable with the costume:

J

Jeschke

Free Skates
Mozalev
Litfullin
Yablokov
Gumennik
Samsonov
Golubev
Kutovoi
Vetlugin
Kovalev
Rukhin
Danielian
Kunitsa (for @DobrinFan )

Last edited by a moderator:

rfisher

Let the skating begin

Yes, and the opening and closing pose is exactly like the painting. I think she's brilliant and my absolute favorite of the new crop. Ergo, she's doomed.

J

Jeschke

So Vetlugin is literally paying a tribute to Samarin :rofl:

Yablokov :swoon::swoon::swoon: ( :gallopin1 though, but what did we expect from a Volchkova skater?)

(((Samsonov))) Good, the tame boys were with him and not Eteri.

WTF is this music cut to 'Gangsta's Paradise' for Mozalev? :wall: @alchemy void might love this damn much, but what the hell is this? First part is stunning, the final with 'In this shirt fits his style, but what the hell is that in between? Otherwise I would have loved!

Last edited by a moderator:

oleada

@alchemy void I loved Kromykh too! I’m glad I wasn’t the only one. Her movement seems more elegant and organic than the typical Eteri junior. She’s super tall already so I hope she can keep the jumps.

I love Kanysheva as well. Her basics, speeds and jumps seem stronger this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information