Team Russia Test Skates: Junior (Aug. 1-9) and Senior (Sept. 7-8)

Ka3sha

Schedule for junior test skates (Moscow time, GMT+3):
August, 1
14:00 - Junior Ice Dance, RD
August, 2
14:00 - Junior Ice Dance, FD

August, 5
14:00 - Junior Ladies and Men, SP
August, 6
14:00 - Junior Ladies and Men, LP

August, 8
14:00 - Junior Pairs, SP
August, 9
14:00 - Junior Pairs, LP

Schedule for senior test skates (Moscow time, GMT+3):
September, 7
15:00 - All disciplines
September, 8
15:00 - All disciplines

Streams might be geoblocked outside of Russia, but am pretty sure that there will be some 'alternative' streams on Youtube/Ok

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Thanks for the information, @Ka3sha. I'm definitely interested in watching the junior and senior test skates, and keeping my fingers crossed that there will be streams on YouTube. 🤞

DobrinFan

Ushakova/Nekrasov, Khavronina/Chirizana will not attend junior rentals in Novogorsk
Last week, Nekrasov had an operation on his leg in Italy. Now there is a recovery process. As for the second pair, Irina and Dario will not be able to show new programs due to the illness of their partner.

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Bummed that doesn’t work in the US and even more bummed I have to go to work soon! :wuzrobbed Hoping for a FB stream or something tomorrow when I am home. : saint:

Thanks in advance for any PBP - I'm so excited for this season!

Ka3sha

I quite enjoy this new Tea Time foxtrot pattern :)

Shanaeva/Narizhny looked solid and have improved since last time I saw them

Lazareva/Prokofiev (from Togliatti, here with Oleg Sudakov)
Cool lift!
Good basics , don’t know about the program

Davis/Smolkin
Shilband as main coach, Pasquale is here with them
Slow and cautious at times, typical Shpilband’s choreo, but not bad

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

As for Khudaberdieva/Filatov: I want Nazarov back :wuzrobbed
Well, you know I am still mourning, too...

...but to be fair, for the short amount of time Khuda/Filatov are skating together this does not look bad and has potential imho.
Of course I will mention Nazarov every time I get the chance; I trained my stamina long enough with Martiusheva, this won't be a problem for me :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinami Amori

There are 4 videos posted on Russian channel #1 site. I can see them in USA without apps.
In addition to the two above, there is one by itself (2nd from the left).
Shanaeva/Naryzhny

and the 4th from the left, is the full event, over 1 hour (on the same link)

oleada

Is Davis/Smolkin's RD "Everybody Wants To Be A Cat" from the Aristocats? :rofl:

ETA: It wouldn't be a Russian junior competition without Hey Big Spender! That said, I liked the team (his last name is Vaskovich, I think? but I don't think the music necessarily suits them.

Shaneava/Narizhny (I'm never going to be able to spell his name) and Tiutiunina/Shustisky were my favorites. I thought Eizaveta & Devid were the most well rounded team here and I liked the entrance to their twizzles a lot. T/S had a nice lightness to their skating that worked well with LaLaLand.

Filatov is such a downgrade over Nazarov! :fragile:

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Well, that sounds like fun! I used to be very fond of that movie as a kid. :)

Ka3sha

FD videos:

Tiutiunina/Schustizky

Khudaberdieva/Filatov

Shanaeva/Narizhny

Davis/Smolkin

J

Jeschke

Khuda is such a star in the making. Such a diva. I can't help loving her!

Ka3sha

Tiutiunina/Schustizky are my pleasant surprise of these test skates. Both are young (16) and most likely won’t make the Junior Worlds team this year, but I will keep an eye on them.

Also, am intrigued to see Rubleva’s debut as a coach on the international level.

hanca

Values her privacy
I am surprised that Kuts is not there with her new partner. I know her partnership is still new, but there were other new partnerships invited.

Amy L

Is she? And are they going to skate for Russia?

Yes, she answered some fan questions on her insta stories. Most of the questions were about her friends and training in the USA, but she did say that she was competing in seniors and that they were only going to start competing when they were ready. She had some pictures of her new partner, but I don't recognize him! There was no mention of which country they would represent or what kind of programs they had.

hanca

Values her privacy
I am surprised that Kuts is not there with her new partner. I know her partnership is still new, but there were other new partnerships invited.
It is weird what happened to my previous post.

oleada

Tiutiunina/Schustizky are my pleasant surprise of these test skates. Both are young (16) and most likely won’t make the Junior Worlds team this year, but I will keep an eye on them.

Also, am intrigued to see Rubleva’s debut as a coach on the international level.
I really enjoyed them. I will also be looking out for them. They and Shanaeva/Narizhny where my personal faves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information