Skate Canada 2022 Olympics selection criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozzy

Makes me think of Lawrence/Swiegers, who successfully trained pairs in rural Manitoba despite their coach having limited pairs experience. What type of seminars/supports/regional resources would need to be put in place to make this possible for more skaters, at an early developmental level?
Not sure who is reminding you of them, but Marty used to train with Patti (L/W Coach) in Manitoba with a former pair partner. He is such a nice guy!

dramagrrl

They hired Violeta and Carlotta who never once competed for Canada.

Why aren’t you asking questions about them?
Yes - to me, asking why Lubov wasn't invited compared to Violetta and Carlotta, who not only never competed for Canada, but also were virtually unknown internationally (neither one had ever competed in a major ISU event or even medalled nationally), would be a valid question. Asking why they would choose Vanessa over her when Vanessa's results and overall rank in the skating world were much higher than Lubov's, and insinuating that the producers only made that choice because she is a PoC, is ridiculous.

coppertop1

Others as well as myself asked the question and it was said she was not invited. An amazing pair girl is an amazing pair girl. I am sure it was partially a pity gift to Vanessa as at the time she was written off by the U.s. for opportunities re: her partner's nonsense as ppl did not believe for a minute that she was not aware of what was going on before the Olympics and her partner and coaches. I read it seems like a million posts about this at the time as I found the whole thing very confusing. As well Canada was getting a lot of racist flack at the time in the skating communities although I did not see any names in print and I don't know why. They should have been called out. The same way you do not see any news of what went on with renowned pairs coach Richard Gauthier and who knew about what was going on at the time. It is like everyone disappeared who was coached by him.
Wow. Give it a rest. We get it. You think Lubov is perfect. You're the one sounding racist. Vanessa was the World Bronze Medalist. And what does this have to do her
That is exactly the kind of sh*it Canada pulls when they are caught with their pants down. Spoken as a true loving Canadian who does not wear blinders.
You just sound pissed off that your favorite Pairs Skater wasn't on the show. You acted the same way when Dylan and Lubov weren't named to the Olympics in 2018

karmena

Ice dance is the most blade-centric and skating skills driven of all of the disciplines. It’s sort of the embodiment of skating at its blade-meets-ice purest.

Those skills take years to master

You said it so brilliantly, captured the very essence of the ice dance- I bow my head!

Oh, where to hide myself now?? after admitting that I do not like ID as a fs discipline... 😔? The only good thing is that my opinion is completely unimportant🙂. Also, I have to say, that V/M in 2010 improved my no, no attitude.

barbarafan

Wow. Give it a rest. We get it. You think Lubov is perfect. You're the one sounding racist. Vanessa was the World Bronze Medalist. And what does this have to do her

You just sound pissed off that your favorite Pairs Skater wasn't on the show. You acted the same way when Dylan and Lubov weren't named to the Olympics in 2018
To you maybe....Dylan was ugly injured right before nationals. Instead of giving him a few weeks to heal and then see SC sent them off to 4cc.They should have done what ID did with the Danes. They and next team up both trained as if going to worlds in montreal. If the Danes were recovered enough they would go. If not the next team. Worlds was cancelled ....but it was a fair way to do it. Does anyone know if Dylan was told his spot was secure if they did not do nationals? As to your stupid racist comment....a person should not be given anything because of the colour of their skin. It should not be in the cards period.

Cant Skate

You said it so brilliantly, captured the very essence of the ice dance- I bow my head!

Oh, where to hide myself now?? after admitting that I do not like ID as a fs discipline... 😔? The only good thing is that my opinion is completely unimportant🙂. Also, I have to say, that V/M in 2010 improved my no, no attitude.
It's ok....I don't care for ice dance either, lol...

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
To you maybe....Dylan was ugly injured right before nationals. Instead of giving him a few weeks to heal and then see SC sent them off to 4cc.They should have done what ID did with the Danes. They and next team up both trained as if going to worlds in montreal. If the Danes were recovered enough they would go. If not the next team. Worlds was cancelled ....but it was a fair way to do it. Does anyone know if Dylan was told his spot was secure if they did not do nationals? As to your stupid racist comment....a person should not be given anything because of the colour of their skin. It should not be in the cards period.
When someone is given something, we shouldn’t have a poster hellbent on insisting it’s because of the color of their skin.

You’ve not only mentioned this but also suggested because Eric was gay that they got BOTB spots. They were part of two top-level, medal-winning pair teams. You are the one making the suggestions because your precious Lubov wasn’t on the show, and your posts are the ones that are suggestively problematic.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
walking into the dressing room after the short and basically saying we don't need to do anything the spot is ours - personally I wouldn't say it is bullying from that alone as bullying is repeated behaviour (but maybe this is repeated behaviour - the athletes around them certainly will have their reasons for feeling that way ) but it is seems like harassment and at the least and shows exactly what kind of person she is and how Skate Canada are behaving.
It sounds like bragging - not bullying - and I despise anyone who behaves the way you described.

coppertop1

When someone is given something, we shouldn’t have a poster hellbent on insisting it’s because of the color of their skin.

You’ve not only mentioned this but also suggested because Eric was gay that they got BOTB spots. They were part of two top-level, medal-winning pair teams. You are the one making the suggestions because your precious Lubov wasn’t on the show, and your posts are the ones that are suggestively problematic.
This. Eric was a World and Olympic Medalist. Vanessa was also a World Medalist. Lubov wasn't either one.

barbarafan

What do you have against Lubov?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I have nothing against Lubov and a quick post history would show that. Your constant whining about how everything else is a ploy against Lubov is tiresome. It's moronic that you come here spewing borderline racist/homophobic intentions by suggesting CBC only picked two World-medal winning athletes because of their race and sexual orientation. You are acting like Lubov was sent a letter saying 'sorry you aren't gay or Black, we don't want you!' or that the world is constantly conspiring against her. :rolleyes:

What a stupid non-reply, though.

Last edited:

honey

LOL at this question. I might ask to you, what do you have against almost every pair girl who is not Lubov? You, who once suggested KMT faked her concussion symptoms. You, who thinks Vanessa did not deserve a spot on a reality television show because….I’m not exactly sure why. Because she isn’t Lubov I guess?

barbarafan

LOL at this question. I might ask to you, what do you have against almost every pair girl who is not Lubov? You, who once suggested KMT faked her concussion symptoms. You, who thinks Vanessa did not deserve a spot on a reality television show because….I’m not exactly sure why. Because she isn’t Lubov I guess?
Maybe you should use your brain instead of guessing....if you have one.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins

A lot of people love Lubov, myself included. It's too bad she never did find a partner at her level for very long. Dylan couldn't hold it together at her level, let's be honest. He was biffing his jumps in the leadup to 2018. There was a case to be made for KMT & Marinaro before Canadians, even, but if you need to blame just his (untimely) injury, go ahead.

If I were Lubov, I'd be worried about obsessive fans like yourself.

Maybe you should use your brain instead of guessing....if you have one.

You clearly need a time out. Maybe go take a nap? A walk if you're not in the middle of snowmageddon like Southern Ontario is?

But before you take your racist tendencies out for a walk, maybe you can actually answer this:

They hired Violeta and Carlotta who never once competed for Canada.

Why aren’t you asking questions about them?

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
It seems to me that there has been extreme "thread drift" here....
Agreed - this thread is not about BOTB, not about skaters who aren't even competing this season, and definitely not a place to whine about reverse racism, which isn't a thing.

Seems like all the discussion about selection criteria for Olys has been had, so closing the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information