I think this is a very reasonable take on the whole situation.Good point
I think I was trying to concede a little to the other perspectives
Basically I feel like:
1)SC made the right decision and based on their stated criteria it should have been clear Nationals was only one factor.
2) W/M should have known their chances were slim at best, especially if they didn't win and/or put up big numbers.
3) There's way too many assumptions being made by people in several areas.
4) SC has many issues, definitely their communication needs to be fixed.
5) Vanessa is the one being targeted and put under the spot light because SHE is the one who made the comment heard by several people, not because of the colour of her skin. SC's problems with racism and POC are not the issue in this case.
6) Emotions are running high and affecting people's opinions and judgements.
7) SC should have addressed the situation a little earlier then they did in terms of explaining their criteria.
8) It's very unfortunate that skaters and alumni can't address what and where there may be legitimate concerns with SC without there seeming to be repercussions etc. However, instagrams etc, could have been taken down because they heard the whole story which wasn't as nefarious as they originally thought.