Skate Canada 2021- All the details you want to know

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Where are the skaters staying?
same as last competition the Sheraton downtown. They have lifted the block now so I think rooms available again last I looked. I’m staying at the Holiday inn for skating as simpler with transport but then moving to hotel overlooking water so I can play tourist for a couple of days. I learned my lesson in Barcelona of the annoyance of staying at the host hotel, unless I’m helping out.
Lobbychicking is much more fun!!! Only then do I get to see what the rooms look like!!! lol

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I’ve just lined-up the icons for the various SkCan events on Peacock. Thank goodness, all in the course of two days — shorts on Friday and finals on Saturday.

I saw nothing about practice cams...at least not on Peacock. 😞

Ready to watch, potentially, SIX (6) women try 3ple axels: Kamila, Tuk, Alena, Mana, Wakaba, and Alysa!

nlloyd

Skate Canada attendees, the venue is ready for you (see avatar)! I walked past it on my way back from work this evening. One word of advice for those driving: take 16th Ave, rather than 4th Ave/Chancellor Blvd, to avoid construction on campus. You will come to a circle with the Westbrook exit clearly marked (first right), and the rink, and parkade that is opposite it, are not too far down. Enjoy the event!

quartz

scratching at the light
I want to thank Skate Canada for scheduling! Everything works, even if you are Eastern or Atlantic time with just the Woemen’s Free running past midnight Eastern on Saturday.
West coast events are my favourites - I can get all my errands and chores done and then settle in with snacks by mid/late afternoon without any interruptions. Then for the evening I get the wine out and more snacks. Midnight is my happy hour so if it runs that late, it’s all good.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting @alilou's info here:
Re in/out privileges.
Our tickets say there will be none. Once we're scanned in that's it - for the entire time :eek:
I've left phone messages with the manager of the arena and some person at Skate Canada BC/YK division (who are all not answering their phones because they're at the arena.)
I've tweeted at Skate Canada, and left a comment on the BC/YK FB page.
Hopefully this will get sorted.
ETA that more posts re. the arena in/out situation are posted in this thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ho-will-commentate.108802/page-2#post-6089835

Will Skate Canada stream practice sessions this year?
I asked yesterday and was told no. :(

Last edited:

kalamalka

No merchandise for sale annd no printed starting orders. In/out is not a problem as long as you get scanned out (side door by the entrance). Was told my backpack was too big, but it was ok'd per my justification that I needed it for Rosaleen's food and meds - and that space is not an issue in the wheechair area. Right now we are the only people in that area - any visiits are welcome!!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Re-posting @alilou's info here:

I asked yesterday and was told no.
No merchandise for sale annd no printed starting orders. In/out is not a problem as long as you get scanned out (side door by the entrance). Was told my backpack was too big, but it was ok'd per my justification that I needed it for Rosaleen's food and meds - and that space is not an issue in the wheechair area. Right now we are the only people in that area - any visiits are welcome!!
Will drop by

Sylvia

TBD
Phil Hersh's article for NBC Sports' Olympic Talk:

ETA link to Elena Vaytsekhovskaya's article that was published earlier today:

Last edited:

Judy

Phil Hersh's article for NBC Sports' Olympic Talk:

ETA link to Elena Vaytsekhovskaya's article that was published earlier today:
That sucks for Nathan's coach but ... it's not the Olympics either.

victoriajh

trying to ignore rod and find the eurosport feed
She’s on the CBC Television broadcast coverage today for the Pairs Free.
Thanks :) The cbc livestream had ted barton with Eliaj Patrick and katelyen- they didnt speak during the prefiomances but the commentary was so blah- I wanted Megan and her analysis !!! she breaks it all down points and gives great insights- I like her on the mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information