Skate Canada 2021- All the details you want to know

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
If anyone sees any info on Ticketmaster or elsewhere about whether seating will be restricted - like rows of seats or individual seats closed off for social distancing - please post that info here, as it might influence some people's decisions on whether to attend.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I won't go but I'm really happy that there will be some fans in the arena for this event. It was kind of depressing me over the weekend when I thought about how at least SkAm, RC and NHK would likely have fans, and hopefully that both Italy and IdF would be the same. It isn't the same for the skaters and it was so joyful to see a good sized audience for Finlandia.

gatorinfl

I’m in Florida and not able to go but I’m surprised and happy that the competition will have an audience. This looks like one of the best Grand Prix events, especially for the women.

To all who are able to attend, have a great time!

Judy

I’m in Florida and not able to go but I’m surprised and happy that the competition will have an audience. This looks like one of the best Grand Prix events, especially for the women.

To all who are able to attend, have a great time!
I believe they need to show proof of vaccination? In Ontario we have to so maybe the other provinces are too.

I agree .. great to see people back in the stands 😀.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
If anyone sees any info on Ticketmaster or elsewhere about whether seating will be restricted - like rows of seats or individual seats closed off for social distancing - please post that info here, as it might influence some people's decisions on whether to attend.
As far as I’m aware
I believe they need to show proof of vaccination? In Ontario we have to so maybe the other provinces are too.

I agree .. great to see people back in the stands 😀.
yes you have to show proof of vaccinations for entry into Canada and a PCR test and also vaccine proof for the rink itself

once_upon

Better off than 2020
UBC buses run fairly regularly in the daytime, though less regularly in the evening. I'm sure taxis will be lined up after the event.

Also, there is a bus stop very close to the arena.
There were no taxis after GPF. Buses were packed, I think we wait through 3 full buses before we were allowed to crowd on one.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
As far as I’m aware

yes you have to show proof of vaccinations for entry into Canada and a PCR test and also vaccine proof for the rink itself

Yes, I'm aware of that requirement. I was referring to information on whether the seating in the arena is going to be adjusted to accommodate social distancing.

4rkidz

Yes, I'm aware of that requirement. I was referring to information on whether the seating in the arena is going to be adjusted to accommodate social distancing.
Ohh good question! Being Canada and how safe we are I would guess yes lol

Judy

UBC buses run fairly regularly in the daytime, though less regularly in the evening. I'm sure taxis will be lined up after the event.

Also, there is a bus stop very close to the arena.
Uber! And share Uber or a taxi if possible .. Uber so much cheaper

kalamalka

I'm hoping the limited seating available will include wheelchair seats. Surprised but happy at the announcement - I'd given up on being able to go in person since it was so close to the event with no mention of tickets, and the very limited media access.

Will be annoyed if the wheelchair seating isn't offered, since it's automatically somewhat distanced. I'll be trying at 7 am.

DaveRocks

Eh?
I'm hoping the limited seating available will include wheelchair seats. Surprised but happy at the announcement - I'd given up on being able to go in person since it was so close to the event with no mention of tickets, and the very limited media access.

Will be annoyed if the wheelchair seating isn't offered, since it's automatically somewhat distanced. I'll be trying at 7 am.
Yes, wheelchair seating is offered behind sections 109 and 110.

4rkidz

i think you are supposed to call if its for the wheelchair seats 1-855-682-6736 it says this on the email to the Skate Canada members and the ticket master link
There is an eight (8) ticket limit for this event

Accessible Tickets​

Customers who require accessible seating options including customers with visual disabilities, or who are otherwise unable to complete a ticket purchase online, please call Ticketmaster Charge by Phone.
Telephone Number(s):Ticketmaster: 1-855-682-6736 or any other Ticketmaster Charge by Phone Number
Service Hours:Ticketmaster: Mondays to Saturdays 9:30am to 10pm EST; Sundays and statutory holidays from 12 noon to 8pm EST

DaveRocks

Eh?
We sat there for the Canadians and GPF - just DK until tomorrow if those seats will be on offer this time (also still trying to get Rosaleen some photo ID to show with her vaccine card, but that's another set of issues entirely).
Yep, I remember talking to you both there! According to the seating chart for tomorrow’s sale, they will be for sale.

kalamalka

i think you are supposed to call if its for the wheelchair seats 1-855-682-6736 it says this on the email to the Skate Canada members and the ticket master link
There is an eight (8) ticket limit for this event

Accessible Tickets​

Customers who require accessible seating options including customers with visual disabilities, or who are otherwise unable to complete a ticket purchase online, please call Ticketmaster Charge by Phone.
Telephone Number(s):Ticketmaster: 1-855-682-6736 or any other Ticketmaster Charge by Phone Number
Service Hours:Ticketmaster: Mondays to Saturdays 9:30am to 10pm EST; Sundays and statutory holidays from 12 noon to 8pm EST
Thanks - that wasn't in the email I got, and I hadn't opened the Ticketmaster link yet. Usually TM pushes you to book the wheelchair seats online rather than by their supposed accessible phone line (the one time I used that it was quite useless for the event). I think I'll try both at the same time.

The Accordion

Sorry if this is an obvious thing - but how do you qualify for the pre-sale? I got the email - but there isn't a code or password or anything. Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information