San Jose, California will host 2018 U.S. Nationals (Dec. 29, 2017 - Jan. 7, 2018)

Sugar64

I need 3 seats together so I sucked it up and ordered SP tickets online. It’s my son’s first time going to a major competition and I wanted to make sure we got decent seats.

skatfan

Update on the Ticket Packages: I had bought my tickets back in June before I had my new address in San Jose, so I decided to check my SAP account - and was a little distraught that while my Crystal Tix for next April showed up in my account, the nationals tix did not. I called the Arena and spoke with Eric, who was very helpful in explaining that by the end of November, the package tix will show up for us, and we'll be able to print them out, etc. They will send out an email to account holder, and they'll show up in your SAP account too.
Whew! I was just a tiny bit worried about this!

DinDonShamu

Update on the Ticket Packages: I had bought my tickets back in June before I had my new address in San Jose, so I decided to check my SAP account - and was a little distraught that while my Crystal Tix for next April showed up in my account, the nationals tix did not. I called the Arena and spoke with Eric, who was very helpful in explaining that by the end of November, the package tix will show up for us, and we'll be able to print them out, etc. They will send out an email to account holder, and they'll show up in your SAP account too.
Whew! I was just a tiny bit worried about this!

Thanks for this information. My Championship package also hadn't shown up yet. Tried calling them a few times but nobody picked up.

skatfan

Got a volunteer email today so I assume if you've been chosen you should have one too!
The form said that invites would happen by the end of November. No email (yet) for me, I'm assuming they'll roll them out over the next number of days.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
The form said that invites would happen by the end of November. No email (yet) for me, I'm assuming they'll roll them out over the next number of days.

I hope so! Mine was addressed to volunteers about opening up shift selection and so on, and meetings and the like. I’m hoping I can do it as the last volunteering I did was at ‘11SA where I was pregnant and constantly vomiting...

Debbie S

Got e-mail this afternoon that tickets were in my account. I logged in and went through the steps and was able to print my tickets. I'm glad to get them online instead of mail, but the printing process is a little convoluted - multiple steps required and you have to print each event separately (when I tried to add the next event to my print list, the tix for the previous event got removed). And now I've got a low ink warning, sigh...but I've got the tickets! :)

Carolla5501

Got e-mail this afternoon that tickets were in my account. I logged in and went through the steps and was able to print my tickets. I'm glad to get them online instead of mail, but the printing process is a little convoluted - multiple steps required and you have to print each event separately (when I tried to add the next event to my print list, the tix for the previous event got removed). And now I've got a low ink warning, sigh...but I've got the tickets! :)

Thanks for posting. My email went to my promotions tab so I probably would have missed it.

skatfan

Ok, I was able to find my tickets via the email sent, and for the events I was able to print and save the pdfs. But what about the practices at the SAP Center? I get that I have a General Admission ticket for Solar4America for some of the days, but I assume that later in the week, there will be practices there for Seniors that I don't have a GA ticket for. I'm also wondering how we get into the practices at the main arena.

The email says this:
  • Your All-Session tickets entitles you to access all practice sessions at SAP Center and Solar4America Ice at San Jose.
  • Please be prepared to show your All-Session tickets to an usher to verify access to practice sessions.
But there is nothing on ANY of the tickets indicating that they are All Session Tickets. I could sell one Session ticket to someone, and no one would know. What am I missing?

Last edited:

Debbie S

Good question...I'm thinking there's something in the barcode that the arena people would see when they scan it?

Or they will just ask to scan your tix for each event that day (and give you a wristband if you have multiple tix) whether you come in for the event or several hours earlier for practices. In other words, whoever has a ticket gets in and they don't care if non-all-event ticketholders see practices.

Carolla5501

I just sent them an email asking why we have to print. Their system says you can show them on your mobile phone. I don't want to print all this mess out, they should have done that :)

Willin

Not to mention San Jose is in the heart of Silicon Valley, and all the other stadiums/arenas I've been to in the Bay Area are perfectly capable of using mobile tickets. I would imagine SAP is capable of using mobile tickets for Sharks games and concerts, and at least for other arenas the staff and ticketing equipment doesn't change from game to game...

nguyhm

I have a choice to download my tickets to my apple wallet - if your tickets show to have a smart phone icon.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
So I just spoke to someone at the arena in my quest to learn about the layout. He said there are no seats that can be reached without at least 14 stairs. This is due to the location of the suites in between the upper and lower sections.

However, he wasn't 100% certain about this and mentioned that not all sections were the same. Has anyone who has been to this arena for figure skating competition speak to this?

There are wheelchair accessible seats, of course, but as my mom is not in a wheelchair, I think we would both be uncomfortable buying seats in that section. Apparently, a handicap seat at an arena is apparently not like a handicap parking spot. You don't have to prove you need it. This is according to friendly arena guy, but again, he's not 100% sure about that. But still, it would be strange.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
So I just spoke to someone at the arena in my quest to learn about the layout. He said there are no seats that can be reached without at least 14 stairs. This is due to the location of the suites in between the upper and lower sections.

However, he wasn't 100% certain about this and mentioned that not all sections were the same. Has anyone who has been to this arena for figure skating competition speak to this?

There are wheelchair accessible seats, of course, but as my mom is not in a wheelchair, I think we would both be uncomfortable buying seats in that section. Apparently, a handicap seat at an arena is apparently not like a handicap parking spot. You don't have to prove you need it. This is according to friendly arena guy, but again, he's not 100% sure about that. But still, it would be strange.

I'm glad you brought this up as my mom is coming with me probably to the exhibition on Sunday and while she isn't in a wheelchair she has problems sometimes with her back and hip, so I'm wondering where we should try to snag tickets and in what section...

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

I seem to recall seeing an elevator. And, it has to be handicap accessible. This is CA.....those laws apply.

There is an escalator and you can arrange for guidance and assistance. :)

maureenfarone

@Lanie and @Coco I have arthritis and steps are almost impossible for me so for many years I've purchased a seat in the handicapped section and never had a problem. I sat in the handicapped section when I was in San Jose in 2012 but I can't remember if I used an escalator or elevator to get to my seat. If you are not in a wheelchair a folding chair is provided.

A.H.Black

@Lanie and @Coco I have arthritis and steps are almost impossible for me so for many years I've purchased a seat in the handicapped section and never had a problem. I sat in the handicapped section when I was in San Jose in 2012 but I can't remember if I used an escalator or elevator to get to my seat. If you are not in a wheelchair a folding chair is provided.
Thanks Maureen. I would advise getting a seat in the handicapped area if you have any trouble with stairs. The stairs in this arena go on forever and they are steep. I also find the seats quite uncomfortable as they are tipped up a bit and your knees take a beating. I suppose it's fine for the occasional hockey game or concert, but after over a week of figure skating competition my legs, hips, and knees will not be happy. I'm on record as not liking this arena because of its discomfort. That's after my experience from both 1996 and 2012. I go because the skating is always worth it.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
Thanks @maureenfarone! I really appreciate it. I'm not sure what I'm doing, if I'm volunteering or not, so I've not bought tickets yet and not sure what the plans are if my mom does come down to San Jose. (I hope so, she's dying to go. Last time she saw skating was like, 1990!)

maureenfarone

Thanks @maureenfarone! I really appreciate it. I'm not sure what I'm doing, if I'm volunteering or not, so I've not bought tickets yet and not sure what the plans are if my mom does come down to San Jose. (I hope so, she's dying to go. Last time she saw skating was like, 1990!)
I hope your mother attends because watching Nationals and the skating live is so much more exciting than on TV. Even though my health makes it more difficult for me to attend than it was years ago, I still get excited and look forward to Nationals!

Iluvid

The handicapped area is where you enter the arena from the concourse. It would be at the top of the 100's sections. You will only need an elevator if you enter the place from the outside main entrance, not the parking lot enterance from the back. This is my home arena. At Sharks ice where they are holding the lower level events there is an elevator too so if you want to sit upstairs or go to Stanleys resturant.

Iluvid

Yes, I've been there tons of times. You will not need to use stairs in certain areas. If you sit close to the doors you won't need to use any stairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information