San Jose, California will host 2018 U.S. Nationals (Dec. 29, 2017 - Jan. 7, 2018)

Carolla5501

I just got an email announcing that single session tickets are officially on sale! Pre-sale for the next two days (which I guess I was on the list for somehow...) and then open to all starting November 1st. Very exciting!
Thanks.
I got 2 different presale codes but the Ticketmaster fees are a killer. I purchased short dance but I'm going to hold off on men's short and hope I can buy when I get there.

Both of my emails went to the promo tab in case someone is looking for one.

acraven

It's worth keeping an eye on the "Tickets for sale or wanted" thread. It seems there are always a few folks who have to cancel their trips to Nationals at the last moment, and you may get better seats that way.

Iluvid

I found the following in the FAQ section of SAP Center website:

For the safety of all, a guest who throws any object into the stands or onto the playing surface or stage will be evicted from SAP Center at San Jose. The only exception to this policy is when, during a hockey game, a player scores a “hat trick” (three goals in a game). In this case, throwing of hats is customary and is deemed appropriate (hats cannot be returned).

I don't know which I find funnier- the image of hats being tossed onto the rink when Nathan or Vincent lands his third quad, or flocks of Jason fans being herded out while crying, "But it's for Ronald McDonald!"
I'm pretty sure this only applies to Sharks games.

nguyhm

Thanks.
I got 2 different presale codes but the Ticketmaster fees are a killer. I purchased short dance but I'm going to hold off on men's short and hope I can buy when I get there.

I agree, Ticketmaster fees are stiff ($20 for each ticket for mine). I went ahead and bought tickets for men and ladies' shorts. Will consider getting tickets for Short dance at the arena if they're still available - I'm not picky on the seat selection for this event.
FYI - you have the option to buy parking for $20 and it looks like ladies short includes Opening Ceremony.

Carolla5501

I agree, Ticketmaster fees are stiff ($20 for each ticket for mine). I went ahead and bought tickets for men and ladies' shorts. Will consider getting tickets for Short dance at the arena if they're still available - I'm not picky on the seat selection for this event.
FYI - you have the option to buy parking for $20 and it looks like ladies short includes Opening Ceremony.
I was the exact opposite, I wanted good seats for Dance and will take what I can get from Men and Pairs. (Not doing Ladies short. it wasn't worth another $200 a night hotel room :) )

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
So mom and I are officially coming to San Jose now. :) I had to wait until after my Disney trip in September to see if this trip would be doable and so far things are working out for me cost wise. We have a place to stay thanks to a friend who was all ready going and offered to share her official hotel room that was booked at the special rate (splitting that three ways won't be too bad and we're only there Tuesday through Monday), and earlier tonight I bought two All Event tickets in the front row of one of the upper sections down near the K&C. Now if the airfare would just drop a little bit, then we could take care of that and be all set. Looking forward to seeing everyone there! :cheer:

sk9tingfan

This is my retirement gift to myself and I can't wait! I bypassed Nationals last year and Skate America this year to save the money to attend. Leaving at 6 AM on New Years Eve to hopefully bypass the rush. I'll get into San Jose just before noon with time enough to take a nap to prevent me from falling asleep in the soup at dinner! :)

Anita18

It depends!
I'm finally looking into the tickets for this and it may look like single seat tickets may be a better deal than buying the whole package, if I only want to watch the senior short and long programs.

Does anyone know if the Ticketmaster fees are calculated per ticket though? Maybe the All-Session ones would be cheaper once fees are taken into account. :lol:

I would check, but Ticketmaster's reset password feature isn't working. :rofl: I may visit my mom in San Jose and just buy tickets in person if it's gonna be like this.

Cayuse

I'm finally looking into the tickets for this and it may look like single seat tickets may be a better deal than buying the whole package, if I only want to watch the senior short and long programs.

Does anyone know if the Ticketmaster fees are calculated per ticket though? Maybe the All-Session ones would be cheaper once fees are taken into account. :lol:

I would check, but Ticketmaster's reset password feature isn't working. :rofl: I may visit my mom in San Jose and just buy tickets in person if it's gonna be like this.
They usually sell a package for just the senior events.

Carolla5501

I could not find a way to buy without paying the $20 PER ticket which is why I only have one short program ticket right now.

I only see a Championships package that only has the ladies, men's, and pairs longs. Not the shorts. I love the shorts. :)

Yes, they didn't include the shorts.

You can do what I am going to do for Men and possibly Pairs.... roll the dice and just walk up and pay. Apparently if you buy at the ticket office you don't pay the $20 per ticket "processing fee" (for which I have to print my own tickets.. RIP OFF!)

Willin

I'm glad I waited to buy. USFSA has posted a volunteer form. If you get chosen to volunteer, you get 2 single session ticket vouchers. I think I'll use that for the Senior singles SP and buy the FS ticket package. Hopefully I get chosen!

Anita18

It depends!
I'm glad I waited to buy. USFSA has posted a volunteer form. If you get chosen to volunteer, you get 2 single session ticket vouchers. I think I'll use that for the Senior singles SP and buy the FS ticket package. Hopefully I get chosen!
Hah, interesting. I volunteered for 2012 Nats and volunteers weren't offered ticket vouchers then. I'm still on their mailing list and was emailed about volunteering for 2018 months ago and they were specific that vouchers WOULD NOT be offered. So I guess nobody signed up. :p

Anita18

It depends!
@Anita18 I wonder that as well. They're giving out a lot more perks than I thought they would - ticket vouchers, free access to all practice sessions, gear (a fleece/jacket), and a hospitality room. I thought it was a scam at first, but nope - it was USFSA official stuff linking to it.

Edit: Here's the link to the form https://fs12.formsite.com/USFSAIT/form2035/index.html
That's almost as good as the perks we got for 2009 Worlds in LA. We got jacket (I still use it because I can sneak food in it anywhere), break room, AND we could literally show up to ANY event, practice or competition. As long as nobody was sitting in the seat we could take it. Most of us learned that the area behind the judges weren't ticketed, so we sat with the skaters there.

It was THE BEST. :rollin:

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
That's almost as good as the perks we got for 2009 Worlds in LA. We got jacket (I still use it because I can sneak food in it anywhere), break room, AND we could literally show up to ANY event, practice or competition. As long as nobody was sitting in the seat we could take it. Most of us learned that the area behind the judges weren't ticketed, so we sat with the skaters there.

It was THE BEST. :rollin:

Meeemories!

I volunteered at 2011 Skate America. We got nothing except oversized jackets and I think I got one free ticket? Or a discount? I don't remember. I had to ditch some of my volunteering because I was pregnant and so so sick...

Carolla5501

While I am glad they woke up and realized they needed to reward volunteers it makes me uneasy about my plan to wait and buy tickets at the venue :) Hopefully men's short won't sell out with volunteers. I just can't justify paying $20 in fees on a $30 ticket!

Lutzcy

I have purchased single tickets at the box office when I arrive for Nationals several times. In all my years, the only sell out I saw was Michelle Kwan free program 2002 LA. I think you are safe to buy at venue. (Hope I'm wrong and it is a sell out! LOL)

Cleo1782

I have purchased single tickets at the box office when I arrive for Nationals several times. In all my years, the only sell out I saw was Michelle Kwan free program 2002 LA. I think you are safe to buy at venue. (Hope I'm wrong and it is a sell out! LOL)

I would have to agree. I haven't seen an event sell out in years, so I don't think there is any problem buying at the door. I have bought tickets a couple hours before an event and even once during an event ( I forgot my pass) and it was perfectly fine. I don't recall the attendance being huge at the last San Jose nationals.

Catherine M

And you might even end up with better seats by waiting till day of as seats being held by the organizers for whatever reason tend to get released right before an event. I know this from my past life when I worked part time for ticketmaster.

Anita18

It depends!
The ladies LP MIGHT sell out since Karen Chen is a local, but I don't think men's SP will.

I'll need to think seriously about volunteering, since I'm helping to organize a conference early next year too. I just don't think I can devote an entire week or two to volunteering. Also, whatever leave I take is still unpaid since I've been at my job for less than a year....

Carolla5501

And you might even end up with better seats by waiting till day of as seats being held by the organizers for whatever reason tend to get released right before an event. I know this from my past life when I worked part time for ticketmaster.

Honestly I am not too worried about it selling out and the "better tickets". I kind of think that for the two events I don't have tickets for I may just go "cheap" and perhaps I can sneak into better seats :) I have a decent seat for Championship weekend :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information