Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cachoo

She did come in first in the FS. But she was in 5th from messing up the 3X in the short, so ...

There's absolutely ZERO private for these athletes anymore. Remember 2002 when the camera wasn't allowed behind the wall to see Michelle Kwan cry after her free skate? That doesn't exist anymore the camera is in their face everywhere. Like that stupid "let's see the current top 3 on the couch" shit. A few years back we never would have been able to see these meltdowns. They would have simply been described and we would have to make guessing what happened. The cameras backstage got to go
I remember Nancy getting irritated because Oksana was taking so long to ready herself for the medal ceremony. Trusova's honesty following the competition was a highlight for me. If only she would have been clean in the short program....

annie_mg

If I were Sasha, I'd be frustrated mainly because Nathan Chen wins gold for programs that are almost as empty as hers - just 'getting the job done' with quad after quad until the last 30 seconds when he lets loose - IMO very little 'composition' and 'interpretation', and little 'performance' until the very end. However while his programs are mostly praised, hers are criticized.

I almost expected her to pull a Surya
I'm sorry but no. Nathan also skates from one side of the rink to the other doing quads but he's got better posture, better technique (yes sorry, she leans on her landings and pre rotates), better spins, better interpretation (he actually looks UP), and he sells the heck out of his step sequences.

Cachoo

Will someone tell me what Eteri really said to Kamila coming off of the ice because no one but a bbeeeoottcchh would be anything but kind and understanding with that poor girl...no?

scatteroflight

The maximum ban, given her age, is two years.
Even if the ban is only two years, that's enough to take her out of contention for 2016, isn't it? I know she'll only be 19 by the next Olympics, but when you have younger girls coming up without the "baggage" that Valieva now has, she's more than expendable. Poor kid.

Rafter

If I were Sasha, I'd be frustrated mainly because Nathan Chen wins gold for programs that are almost as empty as hers - just 'getting the job done' with quad after quad until the last 30 seconds when he lets loose - IMO very little 'composition' and 'interpretation', and little 'performance' until the very end. However while his programs are mostly praised, hers are criticized.

I almost expected her to pull a Surya

I don’t deny Nathan does a ton of cross-overs setting up the jumps but to compare Chen to Trusova is….a stretch. Nathan had much better basic skating than Trusova, more transitions and much, much better musical interpretation than Tru.

Cachoo

Trusova has grown somewhat and still had her quads. If she could keep them and work hard on her other skills she could the favorite.

Baby Yoda On Skates

I don’t deny Nathan does a ton of cross-overs setting up the jumps but to compare Chen to Trusova is….a stretch. Nathan had much better basic skating than Trusova, more transitions and much, much better musical interpretation than Tru.
Nathan's first senior season looks a lot like Trusova's skating right now. He had quads sure, but his spins were terrible and his inbetween skating wasn't great either.

Twilight1

I remember Nancy getting irritated because Oksana was taking so long to ready herself for the medal ceremony. Trusova's honesty following the competition was a highlight for me. If only she would have been clean in the short program....
I thought the delay was actually that they couldn't find the Ukrainian flag.

barbk

We actually don't know yet because we don't know what the rules for age eligibility will be. All the current age eligible juniors, but if the rules don't change the skaters will currently be 11, and we probably don't know who they are yet - Russian novice division I guess.
This all reminds me of the Meet Your Second Wife gameshow skit on SNL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJEAGd1bQuc
where the final contestant learns that his second wife to be is currently a fetus.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them

It keeps displaying an error message when I try to put a video, and I'm not sure if the link to the photo works so I made it my photo <---

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

It keeps displaying an error message when I try to put a video, and I'm not sure if the link to the photo works so I made it my photo <---
Sharpie took away the animated gifs for profile photos last month because it was giving some people headaches. But, that's pretty flippin' epic! I really wish she'd stayed with Plushenko last year, because I liked where he was trying to take her and I think I'd have maybe been rooting for her this season if she was still with him.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Sharpie took away the animated gifs for profile photos last month because it was giving some people headaches. But, that's pretty flippin' epic! I really wish she'd stayed with Plushenko last year, because I liked where he was trying to take her and I think I'd have maybe been rooting for her this season if she was still with him.
No, I'm talking about the video as a gif in imgur. It keeps erroring out. But she wasn't being so subtle. It's funny!

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I’ve had to deal with a sister that is like Trusova with similar meltdowns. I would say I wouldn’t wish that on anyone but I won’t say that for Eteri.

Of course knowing her, she just dumped Sasha off to Anna leaving Anna to deal with the mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information