Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Trusova now has a zero success rate with triple Axel that's 0/100. I'm beginning to think it's a curse, her cryptonite. Shall we start calling it Trusova' curse ? I can picture her never landing a triple axel in her whole career. This is where Akatieva, La Tuk , Valieva and even Kostornaya run circles around her.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Trusova now has a zero success rate with triple Axel that's 0/100. I'm beginning to think it's a curse, her cryptonite. Shall we start calling it Trusova' curse ? I can picture her never landing a triple axel in her whole career. This is where Akatieva, La Tuk , Valieva and even Kostornaya run circles around her.
This sounds like some prediction of a gypsy fortune teller who had a bad look at her crystal ball or her tarot cards whatsoever.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
If Trusova can deliver what she did at test skates all season long or just at Russian Nationals and the Olympics, we have a winner there.

I have never been a fan of hers, but her programs this season have turned me into one. Those two, delivered at max. will not be able to be beaten.

But there is still the big IF.

I'd be happy for her if she finally manages to stay error-free.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
If Trusova can deliver what she did at test skates all season long or just at Russian Nationals and the Olympics, we have a winner there.

I have never been a fan of hers, but her programs this season have turned me into one. Those two, delivered at max. will not be able to be beaten.

But there is still the big IF.

I'd be happy for her if she finally manages to stay error-free.
she needs a secure triple axel to fully be ahead against Valievas 3A-2t and qua toe combinations and Shcherbakovas PCS , 4Lz combination and 4F, Trusova' will face a new challenge at Nationals from Akatieva. 3a-3t, 4t, 4s, 4t-3t isn't a sneeze, does Akatieva have 4lz or 4F ? then it's game over for her,

Cachoo

Trusova seems to have broken out among a lot of people here for her daring, refreshing program. She rocks! But will it hurt her at home? Do they desire more traditional fare?

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
she needs a secure triple axel to fully be ahead against Valievas 3A-2t and qua toe combinations and Shcherbakovas PCS , 4Lz combination and 4F, Trusova' will face a new challenge at Nationals from Akatieva. 3a-3t, 4t, 4s, 4t-3t isn't a sneeze, does Akatieva have 4lz or 4F ? then it's game over for her,
All of this is pure speculation. How about we wait until Russian Nationals are over? If Trusova ****s up there you can still bury her. But doing so right now after she has proved her form at test skates is obnoxious and stupid.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

They are all fresh and young...smh... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
For some bizarre reason I'm reminded of The Simpsons episode where the school runs out of money, and saves on cafeteria costs by putting students on the menu.

Of the Jimbo Jones burger, Mrs Crabapple says he tastes so young and impudent.

Last edited:

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Russian juniors have more diversity in coaching now

Plushenko now has potential to get two girls in JGP Final, Zinina and Zhilina
Tutberidze only has Akatieva and Petroyan as top juniors ?
Davydov has Samodelkina and Muravieva

love_skate2011

Banned Member
While Akatieva sands out with the hardest technical content amongst the juniors.

I like Samodelkina she has presence on the ice, cant believe shes only 14, her physique looks more mature.
But its good indication she can keep her quads.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Eteri has another winner!

Congratulations to Sofia Akatieva on winning the JGP Krasnoyarsk with whopping total 233+ points! Multiple ultra-C elements.

Russia sweeps podium:

Gold - Akatieva (Eteri Team)
Silver - Zinina (Plush)
Bronze - Samodelkina (Davydov)

All on the road to 2026. All doing ultra-Cs.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Eteri has another winner!

Congratulations to Sofia Akatieva on winning the JGP Krasnoyarsk with whopping total 233+ points! Multiple ultra-C elements.

Russia sweeps podium:

Gold - Akatieva (Eteri Team)
Silver - Zinina (Plush)
Bronze - Samodelkina (Davydov)

All on the road to 2026. All doing ultra-Cs.
Next Olympics cycle will be all about internal russian camp rivalry
Eteris stronghold will be a little loosened.

which is actually good
the depth will become even more crazy.

Eteri vs Plushenko vs Davydov Camps

hanca

Values her privacy
Russian juniors have more diversity in coaching now

Plushenko now has potential to get two girls in JGP Final, Zinina and Zhilina
Tutberidze only has Akatieva and Petroyan as top juniors ?
Davydov has Samodelkina and Muravieva
Actually, Pluschenko has a chance to get three into JGPF. Zinina, Zhilina and Muravieva.
Davidov has only Samodelkina.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I think Valieva can breathe a sigh of relief, Scherbakova is still the most secure skater.
who could battle for 3rd russian spot Trusova or Kostornaia, will be interesting to see the coming months.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
The battle between

the fallen diva trying to regain at the top and her triple axel
versus the 5 quad practice jumper

the heated debate is just getting started for that 3rd spot. :slinkaway

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I think Valieva can breathe a sigh of relief, Scherbakova is still the most secure skater.
who could battle for 3rd russian spot Trusova or Kostornaia, will be interesting to see the coming months.
I think Valieva has to go out and win some competitions first before we can anoint her as "the next great one". Shcherbakova is the only one of those ladies who has a proven track record of winning MAJOR senior competitions when the pressure is on.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I think Valieva has to go out and win some competitions first before we can anoint her as "the next great one". Shcherbakova is the only one of those ladies who has a proven track record of winning MAJOR senior competitions when the pressure is on.
Valieva does sometimes shows nerves, Kostornaia actually has good records too internationally
but the question how judges will respond to her now, will she get underrotations if clean ?

as of now Trusova and Kostornaia are of the same level to me.

Shcherbakova
Valieva
Trusova/Kostornaia

This standing could change in the coming months.

DreamSkates

Next Olympics cycle will be all about internal russian camp rivalry
Eteris stronghold will be a little loosened.

which is actually good
the depth will become even more crazy.

Eteri vs Plushenko vs Davydov Camps
We don't know for sure what other skaters are developing and might appear on the scene with strong content. Although I like the idea of an inner Russian rivalry. But skaters coming up and wanting to compete at high levels know what they are up against so are preparing. I can't remember the name but it seems I saw a program of a US junior girl landing a quad. I am cautiously optimistic that non-Russians are preparing to be real competitors, especially the Japanese.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
We don't know for sure what other skaters are developing and might appear on the scene with strong content. Although I like the idea of an inner Russian rivalry. But skaters coming up and wanting to compete at high levels know what they are up against so are preparing. I can't remember the name but it seems I saw a program of a US junior girl landing a quad. I am cautiously optimistic that non-Russians are preparing to be real competitors, especially the Japanese.
Probably Mia Kalin, who debuted on the JGP recently. She has a nice 4toe. And that's all.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
FSU’s enthusiasm for the latest young Russian women, at Krasnoyarsk today, is palpable! 😉

They’ll have competition from Isabeau Levito (USA) at JGP Finals in December, for sure. Same mix of skills + willowy aesthetics. Lindsay Thorngren too, perhaps. Both have Russian-born coaches...so they get it.

JGP#5 in Ljubljana coming up! This will be a big chance for USA’s Lindsay Thorngren - winner of Courchevel1 - to make a statement, now competing against Russians Muravieva (2nd at JGP#3 with 208 total pts) & Petrosian (3rd at the same event, 201 pts), not the highest-ranked Russian jr women but, still, Russians who try Ultra-Cs. Ava Ziegler will be another prominent US competitor in Ljubljana. For the fun factor, I’m looking forward to Perky Papp of Hungary and Nina P of Belgium!

So can Muravieva & Petrosian medal at JGP#5...another Team Plush-Team Eteri showdown? Can USA’s Lindsay Thorngren raise her 181 points from her JGP#1 win and earn a JGP Finals spot? Lindsay has been trying Utra-Cs, we know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information