Russian Ladies news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
My understanding is that they can’t take themselves quietly off the doping monitoring list. It usually goes through their federation, who will contact the WADA. So if Zagitova wants not to be on the monitoring list, she would have to let her federation know that she is retired and naturally the federation would stop paying her salary. Life is a bitch, one can’t have it both ways.
Poor Maria Sotskova. Her competitive career was over, yet she didn't just flat out and retire. Now she is smacked with. a 10 year ban from the sport for trying to slim down for her wedding by taking a diuretic... Though I kind of think if it was Alina Zagitova, her punishment may not have been so severe, or it would have been swept under the rug altogether.

Ka3sha

New interview with Liza Tuktamysheva

- Now you are actively involved in choreography process. Can you already reveal what kind of music you will skate to in the short and free? Or at least in what style?
- The choreographer of the free program was Nikita Mikhailov, the same choreographer who choreographed my Billie Eilish short program. I liked working with him, so we decided that together we would make a good free program for the Olympic season. I really like the music, but again we haven't finished working on it. I would like to present the final version to the world.
- In recent years, your programs have become much more diverse and sophisticated, while you do not hesitate to shock the audience. Are you planning to surprise us in the Olympic year too? Or according to the classics - it is better not to take risks at a crucial moment?
- It will be a classical Tuktamysheva, but in a more interesting way. I feel like I will be enjoying this program next season a lot.
- Will we see the quads this season?
- I'm working on a quad. Back in Kislovodsk, I began to learn it, or rather, to relearn it. I understand that it's definitely needed for the Olympic season. I also understand that several quads will be needed, but so far I only have one in my head. I’m almost sure it will happen, and when I’m in that condition, it’s most likely will.
My quad lutz is still very raw and unfinished, but here we have Misha Kolyada learning the quadruple lutz, Andrei Lazukin returns to the sport very actively and is already jumping both the quadruple lutz and the quadruple toe loop. Zhenya Semenenko showed a quadruple lutz in training at the end of last season. Almost all of our guys are already jumping it. Boys have a competitive moment, everyone wants to do better than the other.
- And you?
- And I compete with little Lisa inside my head, who is afraid and does not want to jump the quads.
- Is the next year the most important in your career? What are your goals for the Olympic season?
- I have one goal for the season - to give my best so that I understood for sure: no matter what the final alignment will be, I did my best and everything in my power to get to the Olympic Games. That is, to show an improved version of myself this season and break some of my own personal best. This is my main task. And then - everything that has to happen, will happen.
- You are a symbol of a fact that a career in women's skating can be both long and successful. Nevertheless, have you put a mark in your head - "I'll retire then ..."? And what do you want to do after leaving the sport?
- Figure skating is my whole life. I never had the phrase “I’ll retire from skating then”. For me there is a phrase "I will retire if ...". I will finish if I understand that there is nothing I can do for this sport, for the coach.
- How did you manage to reverse the trend that only little girls win in women's figure skating? And how do you generally assess the situation in our sport?
- I like to overdo myself, I like challenges, I like to go against the system, so I always want to prove not only to myself, but to everyone else that this is possible with a competent approach to business. You just need to work, listen to yourself, be a little thinker (laughs).
- Three main qualities that help to achieve success in life, no matter what you do.
- Courage. And as much as I would like to skip this word, but also discipline. If you want to achieve something, everything must be scheduled, no chaos. And finally, desire. Desire, system, courage. Then everything will be cool.

Sylvia

TBD
Adelina Sotnikova was asked about her favorites for the 2022 Olympics in this June 17th article:
To be honest, I don’t have the time now to closely stay tuned for events in the figure skating world. The thing is that my attention is focused on the development of my own Sotka School figure skating school, which opened last September. I train kids myself. Also, we have a good coaching staff including Maxim Miroshkin (a 2013 bronze world junior championships medallist together with Lina Fyodorova), Olga Shishkova. I see how they work, dedicate themselves to their job, love their pupils very much, pupils understand them. Olga Kolchanova and widely known pair skater Fyodor Klimov who has now moved to the Centre for Olympic Training worked at the first stage of the school’s development. Nevertheless, I want to wish all members of our national team who will go to the Olympics luck but I won’t single out favourites.

starrynight

This interview made me smile: https://fs-gossips.com/elizaveta-tu...-and-skating-what-other-motivation-is-needed/

Great quote from Mishin about Tuktamysheva:

Alexei Mishin: See what an interesting situation. Lisa is 24, I’m 80. And we are still moving forward and developing. We see no obstacles and just move forward. Cervantes wrote “Don Quixote” at almost 90 years old, and why are we worse? (Laughs.) The flowering of Elizaveta Sergeevna’s talents is going on permanently and non-stop – write this. Her, as you say, thing is love. She does not go on the ice or train with a grin of overcoming, she just loves figure skating and cannot live without it. How many illnesses, failures, trauma there were – any other would definitely give up, but not Liza. She, like the Statue of Liberty, holds a torch and says: “Girls, work, and victories will definitely come.”

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Alina looks very fit in this video. Could it be an older video? Her jumps looked effortless. Looks like the often times criticized "Eteri Technique" has held up for her into adulthood. Whodathotit?

Sylvia

TBD
Sofia Akatieva's interview on the Team Tutberidze Official YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKhBZgSrl_k
Recapped here:
- Next season I will have a junior one, it will start with test skates. I'm already very impatient, this will be a new stage in my life, very interesting. I didn't ask my elders anything, I want to feel it all for the first time. I don’t know what will happen, it’s a feeling, a jittery when you go to a new level for yourself.
Feeling that childhood is over? Since I have been waiting for this for a very long time, I can no longer wait to go to the Junior Grand Prix, I think yes, just the moment that childhood is over.
She will turn 14 on July 7, 2021.

Ka3sha

Alina looks very fit in this video. Could it be an older video? Her jumps looked effortless. Looks like the often times criticized "Eteri Technique" has held up for her into adulthood. Whodathotit?
It’s an old interview that was filmed right after 2019/20 GPF and Alina’s announcement

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
This interview made me smile: https://fs-gossips.com/elizaveta-tu...-and-skating-what-other-motivation-is-needed/

Great quote from Mishin about Tuktamysheva:

Alexei Mishin: See what an interesting situation. Lisa is 24, I’m 80. And we are still moving forward and developing. We see no obstacles and just move forward. Cervantes wrote “Don Quixote” at almost 90 years old, and why are we worse? (Laughs.) The flowering of Elizaveta Sergeevna’s talents is going on permanently and non-stop – write this. Her, as you say, thing is love. She does not go on the ice or train with a grin of overcoming, she just loves figure skating and cannot live without it. How many illnesses, failures, trauma there were – any other would definitely give up, but not Liza. She, like the Statue of Liberty, holds a torch and says: “Girls, work, and victories will definitely come.”
I love this! I didn't know that Cervantes wrote Don Quixote at age 90. The reference to the Statue of Liberty is great too.

starrynight

antmanb

I know this is probably only for shows, but I would be extremely interested in watching Medvedeva do a switch to pairs.

I really enjoyed Valentina Marchei's transition and it would be so interesting to watch one of the many Russian ladies transition into a new discipline.
The main difference being that in Russia every discipline is the Hunger Games. While the ladies might be the "hungriest" discipline, pairs and dance is still packed with a depth of talent not seen in many other countries so switching discipline isn't the guarantee to carry on competing on the international stage like it would be in almost any other country.

starrynight

It sure would be entertaining though.

While Russia is the Hunger Games, it is also nation where skating is super high profile in the media. I'm sure that the interest factor alone of Medvedeva switching to pairs would make her stand out from the pack. Particularly if the team was decent.

I just want to fantasise! :lol:

hanca

Values her privacy
I know this is probably only for shows, but I would be extremely interested in watching Medvedeva do a switch to pairs.

I really enjoyed Valentina Marchei's transition and it would be so interesting to watch one of the many Russian ladies transition into a new discipline.
The problem is, Russian senior pairs are quite crowded too, so it is not as if she could do what Marchei did. She can switch to pairs, but it won’t guarantee that she would be sent to europeans or worlds…

Evgeniafan

The problem is, Russian senior pairs are quite crowded too, so it is not as if she could do what Marchei did. She can switch to pairs, but it won’t guarantee that she would be sent to europeans or worlds…
I always thought that Evgenia would be good at dance. I'm thrilled to see her doing pairs for a show. She has the jumps and spins, so we will soon see throws and lifts.
Pairs are deep in Russia , but if she has a good partner, I can see her rising in that field. And I'm sure Eteri would be on board.
It's exciting to see her challenge herself.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I'm obsessed with the idea of one of the young Russian girls winning the OGM in singles and then in pairs. It would be so epic.

The pairs field is deep but not like the ladies. In ladies right now one is unlikely to even crack the top 5 without an ultra C element. Medvedeva would probably struggle to make top 10. There would be zero chance of getting to a championship.

The top 4 in pairs is locked up but the fifth place team struggles with triples. It's possible at least in theory to crack the top 5. That could mean making a championship at least as an alternate in the next couple of seasons. The level would have to be really high and the pair would have a lot of pressure keeping up with the teams coming out of juniors (this is a good thing IMO) but they would be relevant if they were any good.

Gerboldt managed to make Euros in her first season skating with Enbert because Volosozhar was still sitting out her country switch. (Russia had three championship level pairs above them and right now has four). They stagnated after that unfortunately.

hanca

Values her privacy
I'm obsessed with the idea of one of the young Russian girls winning the OGM in singles and then in pairs. It would be so epic.

The pairs field is deep but not like the ladies. In ladies right now one is unlikely to even crack the top 5 without an ultra C element. Medvedeva would probably struggle to make top 10. There would be zero chance of getting to a championship.

The top 4 in pairs is locked up but the fifth place team struggles with triples. It's possible at least in theory to crack the top 5. That could mean making a championship at least as an alternate in the next couple of seasons. The level would have to be really high and the pair would have a lot of pressure keeping up with the teams coming out of juniors (this is a good thing IMO) but they would be relevant if they were any good.

Gerboldt managed to make Euros in her first season skating with Enbert because Volosozhar was still sitting out her country switch. (Russia had three championship level pairs above them and right now has four). They stagnated after that unfortunately.
Medvedeva didn’t win gold in singles though, not even in the team event, so she still needs to stay in ladies if you are hoping that she will be the one getting OGM in singles and pairs.

Cherub721

YEAH!
Medvedeva didn’t win gold in singles though, not even in the team event, so she still needs to stay in ladies if you are hoping that she will be the one getting OGM in singles and pairs.

It was just a general comment. Guess she could try to win Worlds in both, though.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I always thought that Evgenia would be good at dance. I'm thrilled to see her doing pairs for a show. She has the jumps and spins, so we will soon see throws and lifts.
Pairs are deep in Russia , but if she has a good partner, I can see her rising in that field. And I'm sure Eteri would be on board.
It's exciting to see her challenge

“Plan B” for TJ and Delilah, if Aliona leaves Monument?

Sylvia

TBD
Kseniia Sinitsyna (http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00105613.htm) recently posted an Instagram story of herself practicing 4T - it's screencapped in this article: https://sport24.ru/news/figureskati...u-nad-chetvernym-pryzhkom-na-trenirovke-video
Due to injury, I believe the only competition she did this past season was in February 2021 - info & FS video is linked here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...r-domestic-events.107536/page-15#post-5949845
ETA that I found Sinitsyna's FS video (same link as in the Kiss & Cry section) in this thread back in February, posted by Tinami :(:
Ksenia Sinitsyna - FS @ Chaikovskaya Tournament). Over all score - 1st place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information