Russian Ladies news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanca

Values her privacy
She might have felt put out that Kamila and Daria were skipping it because they were invited to the team event.
More realistically she was worried that she can’t measure with some of the juniors and was worried that she may end up out of medals! Akatieva, Samodelkina and maybe even Zhilina could beat her because of very high TES, especially if Khromykh doesn’t skate completely clean FS (and Khromykh is completely clean only very rarely).

Natanielle825

That's true too, I only just saw the entry list for Junior Nationals. It's confusing when the novices go to junior nationals and the juniors go to senior nationals 🙄 I don't care much for watching skaters at that age but I might actually just because it looks so competitive.

Tinami Amori

Why wouldn't Khromykh go to Junior Nationals? That one surprises me.
She is transferring to "Seniors" next season, already skated in Russian Nationals Seniors, some of the girls who are skating in Jr. Natl. are 13 years old, and some novices. Perhaps Maya already "mentally" in Seniors. At the "Chaikovskaya Tournament" she is skating in the highest category, Master of Sport. etc..

hanca

Values her privacy
She is transferring to "Seniors" next season, already skated in Russian Nationals Seniors, some of the girls who are skating in Jr. Natl. are 13 years old, and some novices. Perhaps Maya already "mentally" in Seniors. At the "Chaikovskaya Tournament" she is skating in the highest category, Master of Sport. etc..
You make it sound like she chose to skate at the harder/more challenging competition, but in reality, it is not true. At the Chaikovskaya Tournament she does skate in senior category, but against ladies most of whom did not even qualify for the nationals. Whereas at junior nationals she would be skating against ladies who are much stronger than that. In any ‘normal’ year she would have to skate at junior nationals if she wanted to go to junior worlds. This year she has a way how to get out of it. All the power to her, but it doesn’t bode well if a skater is worried of her competitors.

Tinami Amori

You make it sound like she chose to skate at the harder/more challenging competition, but in reality, it is not true.
How the heck do you know what takes place in Maya's head? You make assumptions, while there are facts. You made it sound like she is afraid to skate with juniors Akatieva, Petrosyan, Berestovskaya, Zhilina, when she just skated in Rus Natl. with Shcherbakova, Valieva, Trusova, Tuktamysheva..... :D so in reality, it is not true.

hanca

Values her privacy
How the heck do you know what takes place in Maya's head? You make assumptions, while there are facts. You made it sound like she is afraid to skate with juniors Akatieva, Petrosyan, Berestovskaya, Zhilina, when she just skated in Rus Natl. with Shcherbakova, Valieva, Trusova, Tuktamysheva..... :D so in reality, it is not true.
Yes, of course she skated at senior nationals with Scherbakova, Trusova etc. But in seniors there was no expectation on her shoulders, whereas in juniors she would be expected to be in top 3 (just after Valieva and Usacheva). And if Valieva and Usacheva wouldn’t compete, she would be expected to win Russian junior nationals. I don’t think she would have a chance to beat Akatieva and Samodelkina. There is only so much the judges can do with PCS to help her. And she is not a particularly consistent skater.

Tinami Amori

Yes, of course she skated at senior nationals with Scherbakova, Trusova etc. But in seniors there was no expectation on her shoulders, whereas in juniors she would be expected to be in top 3 (just after Valieva and Usacheva). And if Valieva and Usacheva wouldn’t compete, she would be expected to win Russian junior nationals. I don’t think she would have a chance to beat Akatieva and Samodelkina. There is only so much the judges can do with PCS to help her. And she is not a particularly consistent skater.
Who said there are any expectations on Khromykh to win Jr. Nationals??? when the "talk of the town" and "from media" is the battle between the quad/3A girls: Akatieva, Samodelkina, Zhilina. I don't know where you get your assumptions from. What i do know from interviews and IG is that Maya is aiming at her next year in Seniors.

hanca

Values her privacy
Who said there are any expectations on Khromykh to win Jr. Nationals??? when the "talk of the town" and "from media" is the battle between the quad/3A girls: Akatieva, Samodelkina, Zhilina. I don't know where you get your assumptions from. What i do know from interviews and IG is that Maya is aiming at her next year in Seniors.
Of course there are no expectations on Khromykh to win the Jr nationals if she doesn’t compete there! But if she did, there would be that expectation.

Tinami Amori

Of course there are no expectations on Khromykh to win the Jr nationals if she doesn’t compete there! But if she did, there would be that expectation.
Look, all three "Juniors to be Seniors" Valieva, Usacheva, Khromykh, are NOT skating in the Russian Junior Nationals. It is is theirs and their coaches' decision, and has nothing to do with "Khrymykh afraid to loose to other girls". Valieva/Usacheva are in the Team Event, and Khromykh is skating in "Chaikovskaya Tournament" with OTHER Masters of Sport Ladies (and not vs. little 13 year old junior girls).

hanca

Values her privacy
Look, all three "Juniors to be Seniors" Valieva, Usacheva, Khromykh, are NOT skating in the Russian Junior Nationals. It is is theirs and their coaches' decision, and has nothing to do with "Khrymykh afraid to loose to other girls". Valieva/Usacheva are in the Team Event, and Khromykh is skating in "Chaikovskaya Tournament" with OTHER Masters of Sport Ladies (and not vs. little 13 year old junior girls).
Of course it must be very humiliating for a 15 year old to skate with ‘little 13 year old girls’. But it would be even more humiliating to be beaten by those little 13 y.o.girls. It is much easier to skate with the ‘big girls’ who can’t even qualify for the nationals.

Tinami Amori

Of course it must be very humiliating for a 15 year old to skate with ‘little 13 year old girls’. But it would be even more humiliating to be beaten by those little 13 y.o.girls. It is much easier to skate with the ‘big girls’ who can’t even qualify for the nationals.
In the current Russian Ladies skating environment, the top skaters are thinking "strategies", and it is not strategically smart for a 15 year old, who skated in Senior/mixed events most of the season, to skate in "Juniors", when there is a Masters of Sports opportunity event and Russian Cup Finals event coming up... :lol:

Last edited:

Tobbe

Khromykh aside, what I find interesting is that both Frolova and Tsibinova will be at Junior Nationals. I guess they both realise that they have little chances to get any GP senior assignments next year? so perhaps they are hoping for good placements here so they might have a chance at JGP?

Natanielle825

Kostornaia has said she has a completely new free program from Shae Lynn. I didn't mind the old one but I didnt love it either. I was mostly annoyed at the unoriginal music choice. I'm so nervous now, she could be skating to literally anything, but I have high hopes :)

Tobbe

Kostornaia has said she has a completely new free program from Shae Lynn. I didn't mind the old one but I didnt love it either. I was mostly annoyed at the unoriginal music choice. I'm so nervous now, she could be skating to literally anything, but I have high hopes :)
Very risky to change program now when a World ticket is at stake. She needs to beat Tuktamysheva or the world ticket is gone. Alëna will probably not have the 3A back so a clean-ish Liza can beat her again.

Tinami Amori

Yes, and she'll skate it at the Team Event. Also, the Federation/Kogan, was asked if Kostornaya requested funding/money for this 2nd programme in the same season. Kogan replied that they paid her the set amount for 1 FS programme per season, and the 2nd one is her business. The skater can do what he wants, but it is not the Federation's business.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I would think AK has a one jump advantage on Liza due to ice coverage and skating skills, but it could be interesting.

Tinami Amori

Maya Khromykh is off the participants list for "Chaikovskaya Tournament".

A strange rumor is that Kostornaya may withdraw from the Team Event because she is still not ready, and Khromykh will replace her. Lakernik yesterday came to the Angels of Pluschenko to specifically look at Kostornaya's condition (this is not a rumor).

So we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

LoopCombo

Yes, and she'll skate it at the Team Event. Also, the Federation/Kogan, was asked if Kostornaya requested funding/money for this 2nd programme in the same season. Kogan replied that they paid her the set amount for 1 FS programme per season, and the 2nd one is her business.

Maybe Shae Lynn guarantees her work. I would actually hope she redid the program for free because the first one was not super special — that’s hardly Kostornaia’s fault, and Shae Lynn’s programs have been a little uninspired lately... Kostornaia has had way better programs by Daniil, and even whoever did her short this year gave her a more interesting program as well.

Natanielle825

That would be really sad if Aliona didn't do the team event. I would much rather watch her than Maiia.
Also, the Federation/Kogan, was asked if Kostornaya requested funding/money for this 2nd programme in the same season. Kogan replied that they paid her the set amount for 1 FS programme per season, and the 2nd one is her business. The skater can do what he wants, but it is not the Federation's business.
I don't care about this aspect of things at all, but it's a little weird because the federation was the one that told her to change her program, so Idk how it's not their business.
Very risky to change program now when a World ticket is at stake. She needs to beat Tuktamysheva or the world ticket is gone. Alëna will probably not have the 3A back so a clean-ish Liza can beat her again.
Liza definitely could beat her, but she isn't often clean. And it's possible Aliona could still get the 3A back in 4 weeks if she knows how badly she needs it. I'm so torn on which of them I want to make the team. I want Liza's dedication rewarded and since she's unlikely to make the Olympic team, I'd want her on one last World team; I prefer Aliona' skating and she is also unlikely to make the Olympic team, so this might be the only World team she ever gets on - unless Olympic team members skip the 2022 Worlds and Russia sends a B-team.

Tinami Amori

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Tatiana Tarasova explains why Valieva, Usacheva, Khromykh will not be at the Russian Junior Nationals.

The coaching team of Tutberidze made a decision, that Valieva, Khromykh, Usacheva will (from now on) skate in Senior events. This is a coordinated decision.

Тренерский штаб Тутберидзе принял решение, что Валиева, Хромых, Усачёва будут выступать по-взрослому. Это согласованные действия.

Tinami Amori

Ksenia Sinitsyna skated in her first competition this season, in "Chaikovskaya Tournament". After SP she is in 2nd place, behind Kamila Sultanmagomedova.

Video of Ksenia's SP

Video of Kamila's SP

Tobbe

Ksenia Sinitsyna skated in her first competition this season, in "Chaikovskaya Tournament". After SP she is in 2nd place, behind Kamila Sultanmagomedova.

Video of Ksenia's SP

Video of Kamila's SP
Wonderful to Sinitsyna again! She's such a beautiful skater.
I was surprised that Sultanmagemedova could pull off that 3Lo combo.

mjb52

Interview with Anna Shcherbakova "If you want your dream to come true you need to take action".

Google translated version: Three-time Russian figure skating champion Anna Shcherbakova shared the secret of achieving goals.

“Dreams are very important, but for them to come true you need to act. It will be much easier to achieve the goal if you divide the global task into several separate small, simpler steps, ”the athlete said in a video posted on Instagram.

This advice seems obvious in a lot of ways, but it's easier said than done!

Tinami Amori

Aleona Kostornaya withdrew from the Channel #1 Team Event. Her replacement is TBD.

Sylvia

TBD
Ksenia Sinitsyna tried and landed 4t (<) during the warm up today
Here's the attempt she landed (after falling twice): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDsu7fBn3BY&t=5m28s
Ksenia Sinitsyna - FS @ Chaikovskaya Tournament). Over all score - 1st place.
She popped it the program, but landed 3Lz-3Lo, 3Lz-eu-3S and 3F-3T in the second half
202.16 was her total score. FS protocols link: http://ffkm.ru/images/files/online/2021-02-01_Chaykovskoy_vseros/e__Scores.pdf

More Tchaikovskaya competition info posted in Kiss & Cry: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...r-domestic-events.107536/page-15#post-5949845

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information