Russian Ladies news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilia A

OK, Leonova went too far with the latest quote about Trusova... this is a 16 year old you are talking about :yikes:🤦‍♂️
What did she say?

Edit: Is this it? https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...tno-chto-trusova-posle-vozmozhnyx-rodov-.html

If so, I don't get it. Trusova said she wants to skate until 22 and then start a family. I interpret that as 22 = retirement. Why would she need quads after retiring and "an eventual childbirth" as Leonova so eloquently put it? Oh well, that's Russian media for you :lol:

Last edited:

Ka3sha

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Quotes from yesterday's Eteri Tutberidze show in Moscow: Medvedeva, Zagitova, Sherbakova, Kostornaia and others

Cross-posting from TV Alerts subforum:
Yesterday’s show in Moscow was filmed, to be telecast on Russia One TV later today (and presumably a stream soon after?). Here is link to the teaser on Novosti newscast earlier today:

muffinplus

What did she say?

Edit: Is this it? https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...tno-chto-trusova-posle-vozmozhnyx-rodov-.html

If so, I don't get it. Trusova said she wants to skate until 22 and then start a family. I interpret that as 22 = retirement. Why would she need quads after retiring and "an eventual childbirth" as Leonova so eloquently put it? Oh well, that's Russian media for you :lol:

Yes that..."possible childbirth". That's not Russian media that's Leonova's eloquent self

Xela M

Yes that..."possible childbirth". That's not Russian media that's Leonova's eloquent self
I don't see anything outrageous about what she said. It just doesn't make sense. Why would she want to come back after childbirth?

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I'm randomly linking this 2018 interview and translation because it's so interesting to look back at these comments three years later. Thanks for translating, @TAHbKA

3T3T

That was a really interesting interview with Nikolaev. I was delighted to read his positive comments on Konstantinova. I’d agree with him on Chen then but I really like him now.

Japanfan

1. She has no clue how a new baby changes EVERYTHING about your life.
2. She wants to keep skating.
Remember the French (I think) skater who came back to compete after having a baby. IIRC it was at the 2010 Olympics.

Plenty of athletes (and dancers) get back into competitive form and compete in their sport after having had a child (or several).

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Remember the French (I think) skater who came back to compete after having a baby. IIRC it was at the 2010 Olympics.

Plenty of athletes (and dancers) get back into competitive form and compete in their sport after having had a child (or several).
Isabelle Delobel, ice dancer?

Then we have...Zoe Jones from England!

Then there's the famous gymnast from Germany, Oksana Chusovitina (ex-USSR and Uzbekistan) who (I think) has qualified for Tokyo 2021...or did for Tokyo 2020 before cancellation. If she competes this summer, she'll be 46.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure both Irina Slutskaya and Tessa Virtue had multiple babies throughout their careers and still managed to win all the time. Having a baby, NBD.
Shhhhhhhh! Those are SEKRET babies! We don't acknowledge their existence. We only whisper and speculate about their gender and paternity!

Cherub721

YEAH!
Artunian will consult with Trusova. Plushenko remains her coach

Colonel Green

I’m a bit surprised they didn’t try Mishin if they wanted a consultant, given his ties to Plushenko.

Unless he doesn’t want to help Liza’s competition.

3T3T

Not sure if people remember the skater Anastasia Gracheva. She made it to senior nationals twice, finishing 16th & 17th. She has declared for Moldova. She competed internationally for Russia in juniors back in 2017, so she is probably free to represent Moldova immediately. She could have a chance in Neblehorn of nabbing an Olympic spot.

Article (via Google translate)

Flamenco SP

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
How absolutely great is that!

Sylvia

TBD
I don’t like to make premature sensational statements. Yes, I was invited to the skating rink by an outstanding and honored person in Russian sports, Zhenya Plushenko. I consider it an honor and was pleasantly surprised. The issue of cooperation was discussed, but so far only a project. I would be glad if everything goes well”, Arutyunyan told RIA Novosti.

Sylvia

TBD
Not sure if people remember the skater Anastasia Gracheva. She made it to senior nationals twice, finishing 16th & 17th. She has declared for Moldova. She competed internationally for Russia in juniors back in 2017, so she is probably free to represent Moldova immediately. She could have a chance in Neblehorn of nabbing an Olympic spot.

Article (via Google translate)

Flamenco SP
Here's the source for the Russian article: https://olympic.md/anastasia-gracio...blica-moldova-la-competitiile-internationale/

Gracheva's ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00103751.htm

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I’m a bit surprised they didn’t try Mishin if they wanted a consultant, given his ties to Plushenko.

Unless he doesn’t want to help Liza’s competition.
That's likely why, and completely understandable. But I'm not understanding why Arutunian? Wasn't he famous for saying his "technique" requires two solid years? I'm not sure what his Zoom critiques will really do. After all, hasn't Mariah Bell been with him for a decade, way past 2 years, and she's still plodding on at 25 with no consistent triple/triple? I mean, what will Raf say to her? "Sasha, Sasha, no you are doing it all wrong!! Let me show you how I make Mariah Bell do it!". It's kind of laughable. LOL

Last edited:

jiejie

That's likely why, and completely understandable. But I'm not understanding why Arutunian? Wasn't he famous for saying his "technique" requires two solid years? I'm not sure what his Zoom critiques will really do. After all, hasn't Mariah Bell been with him for a decade, way past 2 years, and she's still plodding on at 25 with no consistent triple/triple? I mean, what will Raf say to her? "Sasha, Sasha, no you are doing it all wrong!! Let me show you how I make Mariah Bell do it!". It's kind of laughable. LOL

Arutunian as a consultant makes sense to me. Besides the no-conflict-of-interest with other Russian skaters, he's coach of the most consistent quad jumper in the world (Nathan Chen), and of all potential consulting coaches, one that Trusova would probably be eager to get jumping advice from.

Mariah went to Rafael at age 20 (5 years ago), so not even remotely similar relative to skating development/career projection vis a vis a 16-year old Trusova. Trusova has a different body type (well, at least she's still quite small) and a greater upside of technical potential...barring serious injury. Raf did make great improvements in Mariah's skating, and I think Raf is savvy enough to be able to tailor his advice to each skater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information