Russian Ladies news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natanielle825

The difference is the GOE I think combined with the base value of the quads. I haven't really dissected the protocols TBH. Though Kamila did also get a Q on her second combo.

EDIT - I guess the base value difference is higher than I thought but that didn't stop Kamila from getting a similar technical score to Trusova?
Just at a quick glance, the base value difference between the 2 sets of quads was about 7 point. Kamila made up about 2.5 base value points from the triple loop (instead of Sasha's second double axel), and a higher spin and step sequence level. She made up 2 more points in goe for those quads, and the rest in goe for everything else.

Natanielle825

If all of you would like to just share your opinions and not hear any counter stuff, it may be better to talk to yourself and stay off FSU. No one ever agrees on anything here, you know this, and just because this is a case of you not agreeing doesn't mean there can't be any discussion. Also, please note with your wonderful disposition that I stopped the conversation in one thread and it was dragged into here. Not by me.

Tuktamysheva also skated and I don't see Jackie Wong and/or anyone else really questioning how that happened.
Lol I literally said it's fine if you disagree, I was telling YOU not to get so angry at people who disagree as long as they have good intentions :duh:

Last edited:

muffinplus

Just at a quick glance, the base value difference between the 2 sets of quads was about 7 point. Kamila made up about 2.5 base value points from the triple loop (instead of Sasha's second double axel), and a higher spin and step sequence level. She made up 2 more points in goe for those quads, and the rest in goe for everything else.

Yeah, I can also see that Anna has an extra triple as part of a combo (she had 3 combos total), which I didn't see before. I guess Kamila's spins were also already valued at +5, so it's not like they didn't give her the highest GOE though honestly some of the deserve more haha... That last spin is mind-boggling

alexikeguchi

I’m quite willing to believe that Anna willed herself into that performance and that she defied her parents and coaches to do so. Russian Nats is how she’s stayed in the picture when Trusova was Quad Queen and Kosternaia oh-so-perfect. She’s a smart and determined girl.
Anna has the heart of a lioness. I always thought she looked the least likely to keep her first year senior technical level, but at this point I think if she lands only one more quad lutz and quad flip in her life it will be at the Olympics.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Tony is always like that. Just ignore him.
As we should try to keep this thread going in the right direction, please go continue to melt down in the other thread some more all while avoiding the questions about your wild accusations and ignoring logic. (PS- if you want to see ‘angry at people that don’t agree’ then take a look at your own posts.)

Anyways, who do we realistically think is in the running for the other Worlds spots? Trusova for sure, but who else?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
As we should try to keep this thread going in the right direction, please go continue to melt down in the other thread some more all while avoiding the questions about your wild accusations and ignoring logic.

Anyways, who do we realistically think is in the running for the other Worlds spots? Trusova for sure, but who else?
IMHO: skate off between Kostornaia and Tuk. Whoever is healthiest and can land the 3A goes. Given Kostornaia's struggles, my bet is on Tuk. It would be sweet if they sent Nugu since she was the 3rd highest eligible skater, but I don't see that happening.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I rewatched the final flight today and got teary eyed again. Anna’s music is now repeating in my head and I did not like the program at the test skate. She knows when to peak and is fierce yet calming. Sasha had an amazing skate but I still feel the same about her program, it’s ok. I hope she comes out with something more dynamic next season. There are aspects of Kamila that I like and I see improvements in her program. It will likely be a masterpiece by next season but it is not there yet.

My favorites at this event were Shcherbakova, Nugumanova, Trusova, Usacheva, Valieva and Talalaikina. Amazing talent.

Last edited:

NAOTMAA

IMHO: skate off between Kostornaia and Tuk. Whoever is healthiest and can land the 3A goes. Given Kostornaia's struggles, my bet is on Tuk. It would be sweet if they sent Nugu since she was the 3rd highest eligible skater, but I don't see that happening.
Liza was doing really well until she got sick. I guess for her it's a matter of how fast she can recover. Alena on the other hand didn't just get sick she was injured too. Prior to getting sick she wasn't really doing anywhere near her best. Overall Liza has been far better this year.

So I would give the edge to Liza too but then again everyone gave it to her in 2019 too and looked what happened there. I wouldn't be shocked if it was a repeat

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Liza was doing really well until she got sick. I guess for her it's a matter of how fast she can recover. Alena on the other hand didn't just get sick she was injured too. Prior to getting sick she wasn't really doing anywhere near her best. Overall Liza has been far better this year.

So I would give the edge to Liza too but then again everyone gave it to her in 2019 too and looked what happened there. I wouldn't be shocked if it was a repeat
Real bummer for Liza. She has been looking so great, her dresses are wonderful, and then BAM!
This performance the not a thing you can do about it section.

jlai

Question everything

Just to add, back when Hanyu insisted on skating after he butted heads with Yan Han, fans were screaming at both the boys and the coaches. That said, I guess whether the person skates well does play into the hindsight bit.

I do not know how much this Russian nationals will factor into worlds, I hope it does, considering how many came to skate despite not feeling great.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them

As a positive, she was still landing 3A's in the warm-up for the LP and got through the program without too much of a disaster. I think she can still pull it together relatively well even if not 100%. Kostornaia, who knows. The only thing I would be curious/worried for is if it's a direct competition between just two skaters, then the judges can probably get a little crafty with their GOEs or PCS if they really are leaning towards one skater over the other.

NAOTMAA

Which is why I want it for her even more.
Alena doesn't have Evgenia's competitive history and so far has yet to show she's anywhere near ready to go up against the Japanese or even the Americans so unless she comes out guns blazing it should be Liza who goes since she has proven herself this year but with the Russian fed. who knows

hanca

Values her privacy
As we should try to keep this thread going in the right direction, please go continue to melt down in the other thread some more all while avoiding the questions about your wild accusations and ignoring logic. (PS- if you want to see ‘angry at people that don’t agree’ then take a look at your own posts.)

You keep pointing out other people’s attitude, but maybe it would be best to start with yourself? Just suggestion.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
As a positive, she was still landing 3A's in the warm-up for the LP and got through the program without too much of a disaster. I think she can still pull it together relatively well even if not 100%. Kostornaia, who knows. The only thing I would be curious/worried for is if it's a direct competition between just two skaters, then the judges can probably get a little crafty with their GOEs or PCS if they really are leaning towards one skater over the other.
Tiff Z was told all the national team are supposed to attend the planned post nationals events, but they were all supposed to skate two RC events too. :watch:

Tinami Amori

If Shcherbakova were 20, no one should be asking 'where the adults are' in such terminology unless people want to insist figure skaters need to be coddled their entire athletic careers, in turn to have some of FSU's loveliest members point out their lack of social skill/common sense/vocabulary/whatever once retired.
Why are people singling out Shcherbakova? Trusova had an injury, in her hip, with tapes, and skated on pain-killers. Plushenko even bragged about it "she is a hero, she was in pain, had to take shots, skated on pain killer".

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Yes, that's my opinion too. And it should only be a skate off between those two. After them there is a significant drop-off. I love Nugu, but I cannot see her placing in the top ten under any circumstances, same with Tsibinova, Talalaikina, or Samodurova. Russia doesn't want to put a skater with no/little hope for top 10. My hope is that Tuk goes. She came to RN, attempted 3 3axels, and acquitted herself well enough. Who knows, it might inspire her to go all out and put that 4toe in. In fact, I'm leaning toward just naming Tuk to the team now. And from the coaching teams perspective I'd rather see one from Mishin, Pluschenko and Tutberidze each, than two for Plush and one for Eteri. It's even Steven. Works for me.

Tinami Amori

Re Kostornaya's condition. 2 days before Nationals, there was a quote from Rozanov re Kostornaya's training, he said she is has been back on the ice, training, but not jumping; she'll start jumping when she fully recovers/gains form.
(i don't have the link now, but that's what he said).

Cherub721

YEAH!
Does anyone know if there's a list somewhere of top skaters' scores from Russian Cup, Rostelecom, and Nationals?

Tinami Amori

Last edited:

jlai

Question everything
Why are people singling out Shcherbakova? Trusova had an injury, in her hip, with tapes, and skated on pain-killers. Plushenko even bragged about it "she is a hero, she was in pain, had to take shots, skated on pain killer".
Because these are ** times. So people are more nervous about others that may have something that can spread. There are protocols now in many places near me about people with fever, even if the fever is not **-related fever.

Tinami Amori

Alina Zagitova makes the list of "10 Most Popular Athletes in Russia", she is #8.

She is also in the top 10 of "the most wealthy" ~ 2mils at present.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Because these are ** times. So people are more nervous about others that may have something that can spread. There are protocols now in many places near me about people with fever, even if the fever is not **-related fever.
Every skater and coach was tested for CV19 before the start of the event, none of the skaters and coaches had it, all results were negative. Anna had a pneumonia, and that is what news sources confirmed and so did she. The info that she had a CV19 were rumors, and guesses, there were never any official confirmation that she had "it".

jlai

Question everything
Every skater and coach was tested for CV19 before the start of the event, none of the skaters and coaches had it, all results were negative. Anna had a pneumonia, and that is what news sources confirmed and so did she. The info that she had a CV19 were rumors, and guesses, there were never any official confirmation that she had "it".
Yes, we have discussed all that already. I was just explaning why fever is singled out.

As I said before, I hope Russian nationals counts for something for worlds or all this skating hurt stuff is for naught.

Tinami Amori

Yes, we have discussed all that already. I was just explaning why fever is singled out.
But it was not officially confirmed that she had a high temperature...... I am quite sure she felt very drabby after her short programme, and her post-pneomonia symptoms were there. Before SP she had to sniff some smelling salt to snap out of it. And it is likely that her temperature could have been higher, or even 38C...... but it does NOT mean she has CV19. People get colds and flues in the times of CV19..... :).

People with high temperatures don't skip around like this....

or like that the next day..... :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information