Russian figure skating news in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gris

不做奴才做公民

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Russian team 2023 (aka they get the main funding)
Akatieva, Valieva, Zinina, Muraviova, Petrosian, Tuktamysheva (no Zhilina?)

Aliev, Gumennik, Kovalev, Mozalev, Samarin, Semenenko
(um.. no Kondratyuk?)

Boikova/Kozlovski, Kadyrova/Kolesov, Mishina/Gallyamov, Tarasova/Morozov, Habubullina/Kniazhuk, Chikmareva/Yanchenkov

Khudaberdieva/Bazin, Kaganovskaya/Angelopol, Mironova/Ustenko, Pasechnik/Nekrasov, Tyutyunina/Bagin, Shanaeva/Drozd

rfisher

Let the skating begin

(um.. no Kondratyuk?)

Boikova/Kozlovski, Kadyrova/Kolesov, Mishina/Gallyamov, Tarasova/Morozov, Habubullina/Kniazhuk, Chikmareva/Yanchenkov

Khudaberdieva/Bazin, Kaganovskaya/Angelopol, Mironova/Ustenko, Pasechnik/Nekrasov, Tyutyunina/Bagin, Shanaeva/Drozd
Hmmmm, I'd have thought Luftfullin over Samarin. He'll have to look good at the test skates.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

Davis and Smolkin have been released to represent Georgia.

:shuffle:
Lol, that article is hilarious, at the end, stating that representing Georgia in the 2026 Olympics is unlikely because Smolkin probably won't get citizenship by then. So soon, the Russian media forgets how quickly Gubanova obtained her Georgian passport and represented Georgia in Beijing. I think that took 6 months tops, lol.

Jammers

Who does Russia even have in Ice Dance now? They already didn't have much depth even before the Olympics IN 2022 but they would really have problems winning any medals if Russia is allowed back by the ISU.

caseyedwards

At this point, is there a difference between the state and the government in Russia? Not as far as I can tell.
it’s just that supporting sports isn’t a Putin project it’s been continuous since 1992 so it’s been the responsibility of the state regardless of who is charge of the government

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Who does Russia even have in Ice Dance now? They already didn't have much depth even before the Olympics IN 2022 but they would really have problems winning any medals if Russia is allowed back by the ISU.
Kaganovskaya/Angelopol who are quite interesting. I don't believe in SteBuk's 'comeback', so well, not them.

Bigbird

I think Vasilisa has outgrown her partner, but hey they're just kids. I really am intrigued by Ira and David. If they continue and are allowed to progress, very interesting. They have mad skills and they're able to convey a theme without being overly dramatic. But please, is her body real? Tell me she's always been that way.

irenemulindwairen

I think Vasilisa has outgrown her partner, but hey they're just kids. I really am intrigued by Ira and David. If they continue and are allowed to progress, very interesting. They have mad skills and they're able to convey a theme without being overly dramatic. But please, is her body real? Tell me she's always been that way.
Yes she has I'm afraid.

Sylvia

TBD
Anna Shcherbakova and Alexander Trusova were included in the reserve list of the Russian national figure skating team for next season, according to the website of the Russian Ministry of Sports.
Also on the reserve list, dated June 9, were multiple winners of the European Championships in ice dancing Aleksandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin, who missed the previous season. In women's singles, in addition to Trusova and Shcherbakova, the list included Maya Khromykh and Veronika Yametova, in men's - Gleb Lutfullin and Ilya Yablokov. Among sports pairs, Karina Akopova / Nikita Rakhmanin and Daria Boyarintseva / Roman Pleshkov are included in the reserve.

Main team, posted on June 5:

(um.. no Kondratyuk?)

Dobre

Also on the reserve list, dated June 9, were multiple winners of the European Championships in ice dancing Aleksandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin, who missed the previous season.
Ah. Well, I'm going to take Sinitsina & Katsalapov's absence from the list as being confirmation that they are done (at least for now) then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information