Russian figure skating news in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

karmena

I am speechless...

oh, if only I would be able to help her to bring her out of that environment where this brilliant skater is...

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
There seem to be like. 10 year old girls coming out from behind at the end in very small dresses, and I'm just 100% done, and please someone get them all out of Russia
To be fair, it's not like this is a purely Russian problem.
Take a look at the American child beauty pageants or drag shows.
This fashion show is nuffing compared to that pedo show the Murrricans are celebrating.

skatfan

Boikova/Koslowski have left Moskvina and gone to Tutberidze's group. She said if you're unhappy, a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of champagne and you're free to go. https://twitter.com/fs_gossips/status/1654803985545478148?cxt=HBwWiIC2taLdhfctAAAA&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw==&refsrc=email
I guess the stress of competing against their biggest rivals finally caused a change. But Boikova does not have a body type that Eteri favors - hope she doesn’t become a shadow of herself.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
They've been unhappy ever since M/G beat them for the world title. This is a big move, not only training wise, but a move from St Petersburg to Moscow.

Perky Shae Lynn

Hope Boikova is smart enough to protect herself from Eteri's starvation methods. It must have been really uncomfortable for them in Moskvina's group to make the move. The boys really didn't get along at all.

Sylvia

TBD
Interview with Nina Mozer (May 16): https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/m...isti_i_zhadnosti_Bolshoje_intervju_Niny_Mozer
- You took a break after the Olympics in Pyeongchang. Has figure skating changed since then?
[NM] Yes, the generation of athletes and coaches has changed a lot now. For two Olympic cycles, I was engaged only in honored masters of sports and major competitions. Then, when she paused and really announced it, everyone said: “Come on, where will she go.” And I had a lot of interesting life, for example, I organized international seminars and gatherings. The hand was always on the pulse. Maybe even to a greater extent.
But she fell out of the inner kitchen for four years. And when I returned, I realized, for example, that I don’t know the new judges, they have grown en masse like mushrooms. Among them are people who have never been highly qualified athletes, but now evaluate your work and tell you what is right and what is not. And you don't understand what criteria they use to do it. This is the scariest thing. And now you cannot come up and ask a question, because ethics does not allow it. The referees cannot communicate, the coach cannot ask. You're walking around like a fool not knowing what to do.
— There are many good sports couples in Russia. Are there any outstanding ones?

So far I don't see them.

Sylvia

TBD
The Russian fed has denied Dario Crisiano's release
Simonenko's article quotes Alexander Kogan, Director General of the fed., as follows (machine translation):
“Cirizano did not receive approval (to change sports citizenship), like some other athletes. Someone did, Chirizano did not receive quarantine in accordance with the rules of our federation,” Kogan told reporters.
"Yes, everything is in accordance with the rules," Kogan confirmed, when asked if Chirizano would need to go into quarantine in order to play for another country.
What are the current rules for sitting out? Cirisano last competed internationally as a junior with Khavronina in Oct. 2021: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs_cr_00106328.htm

ETA to clarify that I meant "sitting out within Russia":

Irina Khavronina/Dario Cirisano placed 5th (75.27) at Senior Nationals in December 2022 and withdrew from the FD.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Simonenko's article quotes Alexander Kogan, Director General of the fed., as follows (machine translation):

What are the current rules for sitting out? Cirisano last competed internationally as a junior with Khavronina in Oct. 2021: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs_cr_00106328.htm

ETA:

Irina Khavronina/Dario Cirisano placed 5th (75.27) at Senior Nationals in December 2022 and withdrew from the FD.
The RFSF won't issue releases to skaters who have competed at RusNats in the past two seasons, which is certainly the reason why Cirisano's release was denied right now. They've done this to other skaters in recent years, IIRC, so it's hardly surprising they would do this to him since he is such a promising skater.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I understand, but it was always forbidden to compete for at least a year. Has something changed?
The Russian Fed has been pushing for it to be a 2-year sitting out period instead of 1-year, but their proposal failed at the ISU Congress last summer. They have, however, imposed a domestic rule that basically says skaters aren't eligible for a release to compete for another country if they have competed at senior Russian Nats during the past 2 seasons. That's part of why I don't think we'll see many high-profile country switches happening unless the skater or teams have sat out a couple of seasons already.

hanca

Values her privacy
I understand, but it was always forbidden to compete for at least a year. Has something changed?
The period the skaters have to sit out is not the only requirement. The skater/s have to be also released from the skating federation of the country they competed for. Sitting out a year or two won’t give you automatically release. After you sit out the time required by ISU, it is up to the skating federation whether (or if at all and when) they release you. Or not release you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information