Russia’s 3rd lady for worlds

Who should get 3rd Russian ladies spot at worlds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Casey, there's no need to exaggerate. I said she's struggling, I didn't say she has only one triple. Clearly she has more than that. Chill.

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
After Amber Glen's amazing thrilling and most of all stunning victory in the Dutch Land Cup today, all Russian ladies will be trembling knowing that if Glen can beat Reeka she will beat all the Russian who have them selves lost to Reeka again and again this season. Weather they choose Zagatova with her "one" triple or the muumuu lady who skates slower then my wife takes to fold the laundry they are all done four!

Now please tell me that the USFASA has all ready started the process to get rid of one of the ladies who had been put on the World Team and replace with Glen. If not they will re-veal they are even dumber then I previously thought when they put Ross Minor thru hell by denying him his earned body of spots in the Korea last year.

Justice for Glen, if she does not get to skate at worlds I will start many petitions to finally beat some sense into the awful American officials in this sport that is so corrupt it makes the Vatican look like a harmless bumble bee with no stinger.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
Justice for Glen, if she does not get to skate at worlds I will start many petitions to finally beat some sense into the awful American officials in this sport that is so corrupt it makes the Vatican look like a harmless bumble bee with no stinger.

I do wonder what's greater: the number of petitions you've threatened the past year,or the number of hours you've spent with "sea men" in seedy New Mexico back alleys.

-BB

Last edited:

alj5

I'm really torn between Med and Tuk. I also wish for a Sam-Med-Tuk trio. But TBH, I'd rather have Samodurova and Kostornaya. But c'est la vie.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I'm really torn between Med and Tuk. I also wish for a Sam-Med-Tuk trio. But TBH, I'd rather have Samodurova and Kostornaya. But c'est la vie.

Kostornaia is not eligible for seniors this year.

I am ok with Sam-Med- Tuk but I still believe that Zagitova will place higher than all three at worlds, and help earn three spots for next year. I am not even her fan.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Seriously, is Zag even not being considered for the Team?

I think Sam and Zag are locks with Tuk getting the third.

When do they announce?

I will be rather surprised if its anything but this.

alj5

Kostornaia is not eligible for seniors this year.

I thought we were discussing dream teams. Because I can't see the Russian Fed not sending Zagitova unless she literally cannot skate at all.

Rock2

Thinking long term I'd like to send Tuk and let Med shut down her season, get some rest and pack in as much training as she can for next season. Brian, Tracy and everyone else need six months with her to do any concrete work.

I had actually hoped the circus would end for her at Russian Nationals but that federation seems to enjoy the drama. Can't even make a clear call by the entry deadline smh.

kwanatic

Aaah, the subtle/not-so-subtle strategy of posting to social media as a competition draws nearer. We all know Alina is capable of difficult jumps. Her issue has been doing jumps in competition. I'm sure that was a proud/fun "look what I can do!" moment as well as a more serious "please note I am capable of this" directed to the RusFed.

Russia has strong candidates this season but aside from Sofia, who is the only no-thought-needed nominee for the team, the other candidates have their faults and merits.

Liza T has been strong all season. Her TES are great based on her jumps, though she loses points on spins and footwork next to several others. I don't see her PCS climbing too much higher, and rightfully so. I love her but her SS and TR are quite a ways behind a number of others. Even so, based off of her season, she deserves to go. She had pneumonia and was able to get back into fighting shape for that Cup event. That shows a very impressive level of resiliency and drive.

Evgenia struggled a lot at the beginning of the season but seems to have turned it around in the 2nd half. She's gaining her confidence back. Is she 100% ready? I don't think so. I think a full summer of training will get her back to where she needs to be. Still, it's Evgenia "M-Fing" Medvedeva, okay...girlfriend knows how to show up. I don't doubt she'd do well if she is sent to worlds. She's got momentum on her side now and the Japanese fans adore her. If we're talking about reputation and potential to do well, she should go. If we're talking about body of work this season, I don't think she has enough to get that vote this year.

Alina has had a rough 2nd half of the season. She failed to defend 3 of her big titles from last season (GPF, nationals, Euros) and her skating is trending downward lately. That's not to say she can't or won't pull it together at worlds. The issue is we just don't know. Even if she's not projected to be the winner or even a podium finisher, Alina has enough clout to pull down a top 7 finish even if she struggles. That makes her an asset to the team.

For nearly all of these Russians, now would be the time to go to worlds and try to secure a medal before the new wave of Russian newbies comes through. It's very likely we'll see an entirely different Russian team at this event next season...

Last edited:

bardtoob

I had actually hoped the circus would end for her at Russian Nationals but that federation seems to enjoy the drama. Can't even make a clear call by the entry deadline smh.

TAT seems to really believe that Orser can rehabilitate Medvedeva's technique.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Another? Dear lord. Gruelling.

This is so insulting. Liza skated well the whole season. Won medals in both her GPs and a bronze at the GPF. The only reason she did not compete at the nationals was her pneumonia. Once recovered, she should have gotten an automatic entry. If I was Liza, I would be really mad. I hope this motivates her to hit it out of the ballpark in every competition from now on. I hope she does not feel dispirited.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
Yes, what I just read on the Olympic Channel news was that Liza and Med are probably alternates and that Liza had another competition scheduled to show her worth.
I saw that and I think they are not dialed in and are taking the Russian announcement at face value. I do think they intend to at least replace Stasia.

feraina

I saw that and I think they are not dialed in and are taking the Russian announcement at face value. I do think they intend to at least replace Stasia.
Well they would be royally stupid not to. US’ chance of gaining 3 spots suddenly looks a little brighter with Stasya in. She could be beaten by both Americans.

Tinami Amori

Well they would be royally stupid not to. US’ chance of gaining 3 spots suddenly looks a little brighter with Stasya in. She could be beaten by both Americans.

I am not Tuk's fan, not at all, but this is simply unfair to her. She placed in all GP and GPF events, won medals. She was told, after her illness, by the Federation "to get ready for Worlds" pending she recovers. There was NO condition that she has to have a "skate off" with anyone. Her measure of evaluation was to be "recover". She recovered.

this is her FS at GPF - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAr5NWOzL6s
this is her FS at RuCupFinal - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1I6I2UvPz4

... she recovered, with a clean 3A in FS. changing rules is not fair for anyone. a deal is a deal, and she met her side of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information