Royalty Thread #9. Welcome Archie, the red headed heir, don’t care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Yikes, three in a row! Oh well, if I could, I would make sure Meghan read this article. Yes, her dad has been a complete idiot, but yes, she is going to regret cutting him out. It doesn’t matter who is right and who is wrong. He is 75 years old and he is her dad who has supported and loved her her whole life. Definitely time to take the high road. Hopefully she has already done it in private.

I do not think she will regret cutting him out. I think Meghan is quite solid (like a brick wall) in her opinions and actions. I think if she is done....she is done.

It is sad though.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
What will change is those people won't use the titles at all. H&M will be devastated! Their lives will no longer have meaning, right?
Actually only the city council of those two towns would stop using their titles. They have no authority over anyone else.

The main thing that could make a difference to anyone is that the petition also asks that couple not be invited to their towns or treated differently from any member of the public. So if the City Council votes "yes" to the petition, they could lose out on having the couple show up to various events and the extra attention and possibly $$$ that would generate for their towns.

I would be surprised if the council agrees with the petition though.

Yes, her dad has been a complete idiot, but yes, she is going to regret cutting him out.
Or not.

I cut my dad out of my life at some point and I never regretted it. People insisted I would regret it if we didn't makeup before he died just like they are insisting Meghan will regret it. But that's based on their own feelings for their own fathers and isn't necessarily applicable to her situation. For one thing, they are assuming she once had a good relationship with her father. As far as I can see, she actually mostly cut him out of her life ages ago and she did it because his behavior towards her is toxic.

Cutting toxic people out of your life is a good idea IMO.

mag

As far as I can see, she actually mostly cut him out of her life ages ago and she did it because his behavior towards her is toxic.

Cutting toxic people out of your life is a good idea IMO.

I thought it was just the half siblings she had cut out? I am not an expert so I could definitely have that wrong. Cutting out toxic people can be a very good idea, and Archie is likely to never know the difference, but it all seems so sad. He seems like an old man who has made some mistakes and doesn’t have a clue how to fix things. Maybe it can’t be fixed, and that is very, very sad.

I think most people, those with good relations with their father and those without tend to look at the situation through their own lenses - and of course none are applicable to Meghan.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I thought it was just the half siblings she had cut out? I am not an expert so I could definitely have that wrong.
Everything I've read shows he wasn't very involved in her life for a long time. Maybe he wasn't officially cut out until recently but he was effectively cut out from what I've seen. But I could be wrong.

kittyjake5

Love the photos of Charlotte and George's first day of school.

The Cambridge's all look wonderful! Kate was looking a little tired at the beginning of the summer
(3 kids and a full schedule will do that to you, no matter how much help you have) but it seems that her vacation
away from her royal duties has revitalized her. She looks great!

liv

The kids looked adorable!! Charlotte looks like the type to grab the world by the tail and swing it any way she wishes! And George's front tooth gap is so cute and hilarious, as it is with all little kids as they lose their teeth! Will and Kate look so pleased and proud too.

As for Meghan and her father...If the plan was for him to walk her down the aisle then their relationship at that point must have been strong enough for them to perhaps have found a private jet and a way to connect before he started/continued his complaining... but then the photos/interviews started in earnest and the whole mess escalated... After Archie was born Markle was quiet for a bit but since nothing changed maybe he figured he might as well keep at it and (I"m guessing) get some money out of it.... It was all handled so poorly, by everyone, and I doubt it will ever improve. It looks bad on Meg because she cut out her father and clings to new celebrity friends like the Clooneys and Oprah, garnered due to her elevated social status of being with Harry. It looks bad on old dad because he doesn't know when to stop talking or how to fix things... But, we don't know the details, there are always 2 sides to a story :wall:. I have some sympathy for both sides, but no one comes out of this smelling good.

Reactions: mag

Lorac

Some people in East Sussex don't like having a duke and duchess ... they think titles symbolize oppression:

I could understand York not wanting its name to be connected to Prince Andrew (at least until his name is cleared from the suspicion raised due to his friendship with Epstein), but this .....

All the petition does it get the motion discussed by the local Council. It is a similar process of the petitions people sign to get a motion heard by parliament. Anyone can set up a petition on the council page and get people to sign it and if it reaches a certain number then the issue raised in the petition has to be discussed by the council. Only 1750 signed the petition but that was enough for it to be heard. I don't see the Council agreeing to the idiotic demands - many people when asked about the petition have said it is laughable and a waste of time and resources. I'm sure if people were so inclined in Cambridge and Cornwall they could set up similar petitions to try to remove the Dukedom titles of William and Charles. And anyway the Queen bestows the title which is a royal one so it isn't actually possible for a council to remove the titles. This is just an idiot looking for his 15 minutes of fame!!

kittyjake5

One last Hurrah before her maternity leave is over, good for her.
I hope she enjoys her mini vacation away from the "Royals" but I am
surprised that she would leave baby Archie for three days. Speaking of
Archie are we ever going to see any photos of him or will we have to wait
until he starts school.:D

canbelto

Archie is going with them on the tour to Africa so I assume we'll get some photos of him. But I've noticed that SussexRoyal the IG account is more curated than the other Royal accounts. The other Royal accounts sometimes seem like an IG diary. "We did this today. Cool!" There's nothing wrong with this approach -- it makes the royals seem more approachable as there's plenty of candid photos of them. SussexRoyal's IG photos have more of a theme/message. Nothing wrong with that either, it's just a different way of handling social media.

AxelAnnie

Meghan announced the end of her maternity leave a few days ago.
You could not have pried me away from my kids at 4 months. But that is me.

mag

I get that you don’t like Meghan and that is certainly your prerogative, but Harry has taken at least one trip away since Archie was born and I don’t remember people shaming him for leaving his newborn. Archie has a father who I assume will be home while Meghan is in the USA, and he also has at least one nanny. H&M also have a number of other household staff. Archie will be fine. There are many things in Archie’s future than may or may not damage his psyche, his mother going away for a few days now is not one of them.

Japanfan

But you are not a royal. Royals have public responsibilities and roles. They commonly have nannies and other helpers for their babies/children.

Megan knew what she was getting into when she married Harry. If she had wanted to just stay home with her baby/babies for one year or more, in privacy and peace, it would suggest that she was not suited to becoming a member of the royal family.

ballettmaus

But you are not a royal. Royals have public responsibilities and roles. They commonly have nannies and other helpers for their babies/children.

Is going to the US Open one of the responsibilities of the British Royals?

Motherhood is different for everyone, so I don't really have an opinion on her being away from Archie. However, it's starting to bug me that she and Harry are so determined to keep everything private and are all about "we're normal people and our child will be normal" while she seems to be taking full advantage of the perks of a celebrity/royal life.

Vagabond

Come on, people! Would anyone be criticizing Harry if he had gone to New York for a few days without his wife and child?

And, while the circumstances are very different, I would also note that the Queen (then the Duchess of Edinburgh) and her husband left their infant son Prince Charles back in England for two years while they were living in Malta. Somehow, the mother-son bond managed to survive intact.

mag

Is going to the US Open one of the responsibilities of the British Royals?

Motherhood is different for everyone, so I don't really have an opinion on her being away from Archie. However, it's starting to bug me that she and Harry are so determined to keep everything private and are all about "we're normal people and our child will be normal" while she seems to be taking full advantage of the perks of a celebrity/royal life.

I suspect whoever Meghan married she would have a nanny and household staff so that she could continue doing the things she likes to do. That is not a judgment. Not every woman wants to spend months, let alone years, just raising their children. There is nothing wrong with that. Meghan has apparently been involved in a bunch of stuff while on leave, it has been reported that they hired a night nanny right from the start. I think it is good that she knows herself well enough to make those decisions. For the record, I stayed home with all my babies, I loved every minute of it, I was never bored, and I would do it again in a heartbeat, but it is not for everyone. As long as children are loved and well cared for, women should be free to make these decisions without being shamed.

canbelto

Come on, people! Would anyone be criticizing Harry if he had gone to New York for a few days without his wife and child?

And, while the circumstances are very different, I would also note that the Queen (then the Duchess of Edinburgh) and her husband left their infant son Prince Charles back in England for two years while they were living in Malta. Somehow, the mother-son bond managed to survive intact.

Hmm. Everyone is different. And in real life, moms often have to leave their children with caregivers for way longer periods than three days. AND those moms don't necessarily have a nanny, housekeeper, and other help.
However I wouldn't use the Queen as a model of royal parenting. I think she tried hard and has certainly supported her children in adulthood. However Charles has spoken many times about how he felt lonely and miserable as a child, and it impacted his relationships as an adult. And her "favorite" son Andrew has been pretty much a total disaster in every respect.

liv

I wonder if Meghan will sit with the crowd at the US Open... or will she have 6 rows empty around her... but, hmmm, she's back in the States so she will probably sit with Serena's people or be in a private box.

Vagabond

However Charles has spoken many times about how he felt lonely and miserable as a child, and it impacted his relationships as an adult.
And does he talk about being lonely and miserable when he was an infant? He may well have no recollection at all of anything that happened before his parents moved back to England.

AxelAnnie

Megan knew what she was getting into when she married Harry. If she had wanted to just stay home with her baby/babies for one year or more, in privacy and peace, it would suggest that she was not suited to becoming a member of the royal family.
I was surprised that Meghan was yet again jetting off to a high profile event. I know it is her friend ya da ya da.. I know there are lots of people to take care of Archie.
My point is that Megan who has been criticized again and for her lavish adventures is not helping her image which is kind of tarnished.

My comment about leaving my baby had nothing to do with a concern about her well being and everything to do with my not wanting to miss a moment of those precious first months.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Meghan will be criticized if she breathes wrong. I think she probably decided that she will be damned either way so she might as well do as she likes. As for being private, for example not sharing pictures of Archie, etc, why should she? The media has not been her friend.

skatfan

I was surprised that Meghan was yet again jetting off to a high profile event. I know it is her friend ya da ya da.. I know there are lots of people to take care of Archie.
My point is that Megan who has been criticized again and for her lavish adventures is not helping her image which is kind of tarnished

I’m guessing that she flew commercial to visit friends in her home country after a whirlwind year and a half. Glad she’s getting support from friends.

canbelto

Yeah Serena just didnt seem to have the fight she usually has. I did like her lavender tennis outfit though.

In other words the Firm is still protecting Prince Andrew:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information