Royalty Thread #9. Welcome Archie, the red headed heir, don’t care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mag

First things first, yippee for Harry and Meghan for assembling such a high powered team! What an impressive group of people.

Second, a very loud BOO to the headline writers at Harpers Bazaar. These are not “all” the people who work for Harry and Meghan. There are other just as important people without whom H&M would not be able to get through the day. Nannies, a housekeeper, cleaner, probably a gardener or two, maybe a driver. Yes, I know that might muddy the “all female team” story (or maybe not) but it seems a bit insulting to those hardworking, just as important people not to at least acknowledge them if you are going to say that these are “all the people.”

I suspect the idea was to celebrate a group of well qualified women in positions that have historically been filled by men. That is great. But when you leave out the people who are filling the historically female roles, it just emphasizes once again that the historically women’s jobs are not as important or noteworthy as the historically men’s roles. Now when H&M or W&K hire a male nanny, I will get really excited about modernizing The Royal Family!

becca

“A Carbon offset is a way to compensate for your emissions by funding an equivalent carbon dioxide saving elsewhere. Our everyday actions, at home and at work, consume energy and produce carbon emissions, such as driving, flying and heating buildings. Carbon offsetting is used to balance out these emissions by helping to pay for emission savings in other parts of the world.”

I haven’t done a calculation but one article read that it would be about $145 to offset the cost of the flight.

As far as I can see it allows those who can afford it to have a larger carbon footprint without feeling guilty about it.

So I have money and I get every right to use as much carbon resources as I want but still lecture others Bull.

And the whole two children personally I don’t think the issue is the amount of people rather it’s how resources are used particularly by rich countries. And you had William talking about the amount of children in Africa.

As if the poor in Africa use the same amount of resources. Not saying all in Africa are poor.

Not against flying private jets but really stop lecturing.

Last edited:

MsZem

I see the sea

Lorac

Carbon offsets are a good example of the licensing effect in action.

Anyway, on to more cheerful subjects: Princess Estelle went back to school this week, looking like a small blonde version of her mother:

The additional picture half way down the page of Estelle and Oscar is absolutely adorable - apparently taken by Crown Princess Victoria who totally caught her kids looking relaxed and so happy - Oscar found something absolutely hilarious and both kids are absolutely gorgeous :love:

Winnipeg

Harry/Megan should lay off the carbon issue or take a boat like the girl from Sweden. It just comes across as lecturing and hypocritical IMO.

I find the issue with Andrew being in attendance at the under age girl parties with Epstein more of a scandal though.......... what ever happened to Fergie, did she go to Beatrice's wedding?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I find the issue with Andrew being in attendance at the under age girl parties with Epstein more of a scandal though.......... what ever happened to Fergie, did she go to Beatrice's wedding?
Did you mean Eugenia's wedding? Fergie was there:

Beatrice isn't even engaged though rumors are flying that she will be soon. And also the tabloids are saying she isn't going to invite her own father to her not-even-scheduled-yet wedding, which I find hard to believe. :D

aftershocks

Banned Member

Hmmm, at first I thought that William & Kate were being extra cautious in light of the most recent opportunistic media storm against the Sussexes. But William, in apparent cahoots with the 'gray men' behind-the-scenes and with RR flunkies, seems to have opted to set up an oppositional scenario vs his brother and sister-in-law. It's clear this was a p.r. stunt because normally the royals go completely under-the-radar on the majority of their air travel. We never saw any pictures of the Cambridges boarding aircraft for their Mustique summer vacation. Even Prince George was turning around in apparent surprise at seeing the cameras as they disembarked the plane, likely because there aren't usually cameras around on these private family outings to and from Scotland:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1eWATEnzp2/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1j93-CHjdX/

Athough it's said that William & Kate did not know maneuvering of the planes by the airline occurred in order for the logo photop, they were fully aware of the p.r./ photo-op arrangement with the airline, in addition to their staff cooperating with the RR who wrote about their flight. The plane they traveled on was apparently not empty, but an empty plane was flown in to switch with another plane. So, there was no savings in carbon emissions in reality. In fact, just the opposite. As well, even though some RR reported that the flight was booked well ahead, the evidence shows it was scheduled the day before. Sad, but who knows what really goes on behind-the-scenes in the palaces. Since William & Harry are brothers who experienced a lot together, perhaps there's some hope for true smoothing over of this unnecessary sibling rivalry angst at some point.

Quite a bit is going on at the moment, with Great Britain and the monarchy in the midst of ongoing and unpredictable transitions.

In other news, Prince Harry sadly lost a friend he had worked with previously to prepare for an adventurous South Pole trek to support military compatriots:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9792734/prince-harry-jules-roberts-south-pole-challenge/
https://www.ibtimes.com/prince-harr...s-shocking-death-sends-note-following-2817841

Good Morning America's Lara Spencer has apologized for her unwitting comments disparaging Prince George's love for taking ballet classes. Spencer used her mistake as an opportunity to shed more light on the difficulties faced by male dancers and by all dancers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDx4gIWUIbo questionable comments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzzgaiWenhQ report about apology
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWX8J8O-6js apology & discussion with dancers, Travis Wall, Robbie Fairchild, and Fabrice Calmels
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/cel...a-spencer-ballet-comment-exclusive/ar-AAGrjaY

Gary Janetti's humorous takes:

It would be cool should Prince George grow up to portray a fictional prince onstage in one of the classic story ballets, instead of being overburdened with having to give up his career passions to serve his symbolic royal duties. Maybe he will have a window of opportunity though, if he desires, to dance professionally. His grandmother Diana loved ballet, and apparently that love and affinity has been passed on to her grandchildren (Princess Charlotte takes ballet classes too). Since I already knew that George enjoys ballet, I'm more intrigued by some of the other courses he's taking: Religious Studies, Computer Programming, and Poetry. :)

MsZem

I see the sea
Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway had her confirmation yesterday. Her various royal godparents were in attendance, and there's also lots of traditional dress:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Princess Takamado visited Canada this past week, and her final stop was Burnaby, just over the Vancouver border, during the annual Nikkei Matsuri festival:

This year marks the 90th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Japan and Canada, and she noted in her speech, including the excerpts in the video, that her late husband was educated in Canada.

She's so elegant, and I love the maple leaf on her hat!

Last edited:

attyfan

Some people in East Sussex don't like having a duke and duchess ... they think titles symbolize oppression:

I could understand York not wanting its name to be connected to Prince Andrew (at least until his name is cleared from the suspicion raised due to his friendship with Epstein), but this .....

mag

Love Kate’s dress! George and Charlotte also look so cute in their uniforms. I suspect Charlotte is going to love school. She looks like the kind of kid who is so ready to learn and meet new people.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Some people in East Sussex don't like having a duke and duchess ... they think titles symbolize oppression:

I could understand York not wanting its name to be connected to Prince Andrew (at least until his name is cleared from the suspicion raised due to his friendship with Epstein), but this .....

What exactly does the people of East Sussex think will change if their petition is successful? Even if H&M start using their other titles or no titles at all they will still be "entirely non-democratic and symbolic of the oppression of the general public by the wealthy elite.” At least in those people's eyes.

ballettmaus

Who or what is the Brighton and Hove council? Can the Queen just give them a different title?

That said, I'd have better things to do with my time than be concerned about someone's title. I think these people need a hobby ;)

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Yeah, it'd make a lot more sense if there was a petition to get rid of Andrew. Not that it would happen, but still.

Charlotte is SO DARN CUTE. :love:

mag

Adorbz! And is it me or is George already taking after his very tall parents?

I think they will both be quite tall. You can see how much George has grown in the last two years when you see the photo of his first day at school beside the one from today.

mag

Sorry for the double post, but looking at these photographs, it sure appears as though William and Kate have hit the sweet spot in balancing they and their children’s public and private lives. I know there have and will continue to be bumps along the road, but for the most part I think the public are happy with what they have access to and that access has encouraged a rather protective sentiment. There are very few paparazzi photos of the kids because websites and publication are not using them. It is almost like the British public are doing their part to help these kids have a relatively private childhood.

To me that demonstrates really good leadership from both William and Kate.

mag

Yikes, three in a row! Oh well, if I could, I would make sure Meghan read this article. Yes, her dad has been a complete idiot, but yes, she is going to regret cutting him out. It doesn’t matter who is right and who is wrong. He is 75 years old and he is her dad who has supported and loved her her whole life. Definitely time to take the high road. Hopefully she has already done it in private.

canbelto

Meghans drama with her dad reminds me a lot of Jennifer Aniston's drama with her mother Nancy Dow. Similar stories: close in childhood, grew apart in adulthood, and Jennifer's mother also made some indiscreet comments to the press. Similar reaction from Jennifer: uninvited to wedding, ghosted, although I believe Jennifer did support her mother financially when her mother was ill. But you can't force two adults whose relationship has completely broken down to reconcile. Often times it's a certain type of person whose relationships will break down to complete ghosting, as opposed to the more normal "keep my distance" sort of thing. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information