Royalty thread #14: Platinum edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsZem

I see the sea

quartz

scratching at the light
Those kids are so cute. Honestly, pretty much the only reason I have any interest at all in the royals is that they have cute kids and dress them up cute. :lol:
For me it’s the cute kids and what all the women are wearing. I think the queen looks amazing too - her complexion is gorgeous and I love her hats. That’s basically it, just something for me to look at.

DFJ

MLIS

Buckingham Palace has just announced that the Queen won't attend the service at St. Paul's tomorrow. She certainly looked in fine form today, but the palace says she experienced "some discomfort" and thinks the journey and necessary walking/stairs/etc will be too much for her. A shame! She is still going to light the beacon at Windsor tonight.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Amazing episode of “Eastenders“ this evening where Charles and Camilla showed up!

I watch the show off and on and thought it was especially lovely that in the episode they had planted a tree in tribute to a character who had been killed off by domestic violence and Camilla placed a ribbon on the tree. She’s a very strong advocate for helping victims of domestic violence so it was wonderful.

i was at work today but am looking forward to the lighting of the beacons soon! There’s one on the hill which overlooks my house.

DFJ

Buckingham Palace has just announced that the Queen won't attend the service at St. Paul's tomorrow. She certainly looked in fine form today, but the palace says she experienced "some discomfort" and thinks the journey and necessary walking/stairs/etc will be too much for her. A shame! She is still going to light the beacon at Windsor tonight.
I heard this morning that she has a terrible back problem that is very painful. Perhaps walking and climbing stairs is very difficult for her.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Louis was so cute! He really stole the balcony from everyone!

mella

Amazing episode of “Eastenders“ this evening where Charles and Camilla showed up!

I watch the show off and on and thought it was especially lovely that in the episode they had planted a tree in tribute to a character who had been killed off by domestic violence and Camilla placed a ribbon on the tree. She’s a very strong advocate for helping victims of domestic violence so it was wonderful.

i was at work today but am looking forward to the lighting of the beacons soon! There’s one on the hill which overlooks my house.
Ha! Just watched it. Nice touch. I'd read a while back that they'd visited the newly constructed set and thought it seemed a bit overkill but it all makes sense now! Did they do Corrie as well? :rofl:

ballettmaus

I'm not a fan of Kate's look. Not sure if it's the hat or the angular shoulders or both but there's something about it that I don't think flatters her.
Charles looks about as old as his mother. And the Duke of Kent looks even older :slinkaway
I like what's visible of Charlotte's dress. It looks like something I would have loved to wear as well.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I think the Queen looked frail, appears to have lost weight and in general looker much older and vulnerable than the last time I saw pictures of her.

Granted, I don't follow the Royals as closely as many of you, but my impression was she looks to be in failing health.

D

Deleted member 221

I suspect this is the last jubilee for the Queen, and probably the only Platinum Jubilee the UK (or any country) will experience. At least for hundreds or maybe thousands of years, until advances in life expectancy change the landscape dramatically. I know the Queen has said she'd never abdicate, but I feel like the transfer of power has already begun. My question is how long it will last. I could see her stepping down as soon as this summer and probably no later than two years from now.

I was :rofl: that Boris was booed as he entered the service at St. Paul's. And five soldiers collapsed, allegedly from heat exhaustion. It's 20 degrees Celsius / 68 Fahrenheit. I imagine the uniforms must be really hot, but still....! Brits really cannot deal with "heat."

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
IMO Louis is cuter in the face at this age than the other 2 were. He seems to have Charlotte's outgoing personality too. But all 3 of the kids have been adorable at every age so far.

puglover

What a lovely story. One of my daughters is on a "girls holiday" with some American friends to enjoy the Jubilee. Her friend reserved their hotel room years ago. I am thrilled for her but really quite envious. I have a beautiful plate from the Queen's coronation that belonged to my mother and which I cherish in a shadow box for safe keeping.

ballettmaus

I think Kate's outfit during the church service looked much better on her than the one she wore the day before.

JJH

More hats with Princess Anne, Zara & Mike Tindall at the Derby!

Looks like fun.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
More hats with Princess Anne, Zara & Mike Tindall at the Derby!

Looks like fun.
Anne's hat looks like a white frisbee.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
You guys are acting like hats make fashion sense and there is always a classic look.

Hats are made to be fashion at the moment.

I dont think it will be as bad as Princess Di's wedding dress. Nothing will be that awful. Even at the height of Dynasty fashion, that was a monstrosity.

Hats are fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information