Royalty Thread #13: Zooming in on our favorite royals

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
My daughter owns a corgi which she bred. They are sturdy, fun little dogs. I thought the Queen had indicated she was past getting new dogs so I guess at least someone thought otherwise. Hopefully she has years of happiness with them.
Well my sister and I say that all the time...even as we drive to pick up a new pup!
And besides the poor woman's world has been ripped to shreds in the last 12 months.....she deserves some puppy love.

jadingirl

I'm sure someone will take care of the Corgis is necessary. My mom who is a senior and suffers from chronic pain (for half her life now ) lost her cat after 17yrs and we insisted when she was ready to get a kitten to go for it. We promised one of us would adopt him if it came to that. She is sooooo much happier having her little Siamese and he adores her - it really changed her mental health and perhaps even added years to her life

I remember hearing the Queen wasn't going to get anymore dogs (I assumed due to her age and dogs outliving her) but what can be better for someone than the unconditional love of a pet.

ballettmaus

Yes, the Queen is old but she seems to be in better health than her husband (knock on wood), so it's entirely possible he passes away before her and if that happens, she wouldn't be completely alone (yes, she's got her family, too, but they're not always around).

AxelAnnie

I'm sure someone will take care of the Corgis is necessary. My mom who is a senior and suffers from chronic pain (for half her life now ) lost her cat after 17yrs and we insisted when she was ready to get a kitten to go for it. We promised one of us would adopt him if it came to that. She is sooooo much happier having her little Siamese and he adores her - it really changed her mental health and perhaps even added years to her life

I remember hearing the Queen wasn't going to get anymore dogs (I assumed due to her age and dogs outliving her) but what can be better for someone than the unconditional love of a pet.
Her life has changed enormously, just like everyone's. The puppies are probably great for her! I would have recommended a Havanese.......but then she did not ask me.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Her life has changed enormously, just like everyone's. The puppies are probably great for her! I would have recommended a Havanese.......but then she did not ask me.
Yes! I have two Havanese dogs and love them! They're known as Velcro dogs, always following me and loves to be cuddled. The Queen has always had "dorgis", a cross between dashaund and corgi. I can't imagine her without dogs

AxelAnnie

Yes! I have two Havanese dogs and love them! They're known as Velcro dogs, always following me and loves to be cuddled. The Queen has always had "dorgis", a cross between dashaund and corgi. I can't imagine her without dogs
I can't believe you have two! Best thing ever. I truly think we should let the Queen know :)

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Years ago when I thought about getting a dog (I have two :cat:) I considered a Havanese. Cute and small which is just what one needs for apartment living.

MsZem

I see the sea
More Swedish royal news:

And something happier :)

Sylvia

TBD
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden is scheduled to inaugurate the World Championships in person at the Globe Arena on Wednesday March 24 - wonder if she will be cleared to appear?

MsZem

I see the sea
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden is scheduled to inaugurate the World Championships in person at the Globe Arena on Wednesday March 24 - wonder if she will be cleared to appear?
She should recover by then, but who knows what she'll be up to. I don't think C-P and Sofia will be able to cover this one, as Sofia is due to give birth very very soon.

But they can always have Princess Estelle do it ;)

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Kate's children made cards for "granny DianA"

How long has this been going on? I find this sort of creepy esp considering how young the children are.

AxelAnnie

barbk

How long has this been going on? I find this sort of creepy esp considering how young the children are.
I find it creepy at any age. I miss my grandfather, but I can't imagine my younger siblings who were born years after he died writing anything like: "I love you very much and think of you always."

Overall, Kate & William seem like good parents. This just feels like a one-off weirdness and oddly public at that.

canbelto

I think Mother's Day might be a really difficult holiday for William, and so honoring Diana might have been something he does to make the day less difficult.

MLIS

I thought it was a very pointed and surprisingly blatant reminder that Diana had two sons who were young boys when she died, and while their ways of grieving and processing her loss may have been different, they both grieve for her even today.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
My dad lost his dad at age 7. He mother remarried when he was 13 to a wonderful man. I thought he was my real grandfather when I was small. That's probably why I never had warm feelings for my real grand. That & the fact that supposedly he was a real shit.

MsZem

I see the sea
Look who's going home:

Also, Baby Prince Charles is the cutest:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information