Royalty Thread #13: Zooming in on our favorite royals

Status
Not open for further replies.

canbelto

This is exactly what I was thinking!! I think it's the first picture of her in pants.

ETA: I thought George looked particularly cute in this photo.

Yeah honestly I'm almost relieved Charlotte is allowed to wear pants. I had always thought that female royal children could not wear pants. Like I thought Kate and Sophie were allowed to wear pants because they're adults.

MsZem

I see the sea

Lorac

Yeah honestly I'm almost relieved Charlotte is allowed to wear pants. I had always thought that female royal children could not wear pants. Like I thought Kate and Sophie were allowed to wear pants because they're adults.
I gave no idea where you got that idea from. I've seen pics of Zara in trousers (pants are underwear) way back when she was a child. Also Beatrice and Eugenie.

Anyway the picture is lovely - all 3 kids are just adorable 😍

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Of course Charlotte can wear pants.
That's a great picture, and Louis is adorable. Good choice for a Christmas card :)
Thanks for posting this. I was scratching my head because I was pretty sure I had seen Charlotte in trousers before. Even if there was some kind of ancient rule I feel that Kate would ignore it for her daughter.

MsZem

I see the sea
Thanks for posting this. I was scratching my head because I was pretty sure I had seen Charlotte in trousers before. Even if there was some kind of ancient rule I feel that Kate would ignore it for her daughter.
You may have also seen this picture:

Here's Princess Eugenie in tights.

And saving the best for last , toddler Princess Anne wearing trousers!

canbelto

I gave no idea where you got that idea from. I've seen pics of Zara in trousers (pants are underwear) way back when she was a child. Also Beatrice and Eugenie.

Anyway the picture is lovely - all 3 kids are just adorable 😍

Wasn't the "rule" that boys have to wear shorts with long socks no matter the weather and girls have to wear skirts until they are adults? William and Harry always wore those shorts. Queen Elizabeth has never worn pants.

Anyway I love this photo. The kids look so happy. And Charlotte and Kate having matching boots is too cute.

MsZem

I see the sea
Wasn't the "rule" that boys have to wear shorts with long socks no matter the weather and girls have to wear skirts until they are adults? William and Harry always wore those shorts. Queen Elizabeth has never worn pants.
QE was born in the 1920s, when women wearing pants were a vastly less common sight. Clearly, given the picture of Princess Anne that I posted earlier, as well as pictures of various royals wearing pants when they were girls (ETA: I had to add this one), such a rule does not exist.

And now, please enjoy this delightful picture of then-Princess Elizabeth wearing trousers.

And more here:

Special bonus: Queen Mum in trousers (!) back when she was Duchess of York. Taken from this trashy article in the Daily Mail.

Last edited:

canbelto

There was this article about how Meghan was discouraged from wearing pants:

It's "believed that one does not wear trousers when one is with the Queen for an official event," royal expert Marlene Koenig tells BAZAAR.com. Indeed, we've yet to see Markle wear pants in front of Her Majesty—at least on official events.

At whatkatewore there's usually a lot of pearl clutching when Kate wears jeans.

cygnus

There is a big difference between an official event and everyday clothes. Jeans would not be appropriate at the former, as everyone knows. At other times they can wear what they wish. I wish there weren't so many "royal rules" memes posted. They are almost all just made up crap.

Lorac

Come on @canbelto surely you don't believe every piece of trash written about royal 'rules'. The article you link is just reporting what a reporter wants to paint a picture of and is 2 1/2 years ago. Meghan was never discouraged from wearing trousers. I also read whatkatewore and don't see any pearl clutching when Kate wears jeans.

MsZem

I see the sea
Here are the two most recent "Kate in jeans/trousers" looks on What Kate Wore. The only pearls I could find in either post were her earrings.

There may be rules about how royals should dress for formal occasions, but there is plenty of evidence that this is not the case on an everyday basis - as noted in the link canbelto posted.

Moving on to the very cute Baby Prince Charles:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information