Royalty Thread #13: Zooming in on our favorite royals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsley Sage

Nice to see someone getting something good out of 2020 :) (that refers to both Princess Beatrice and Sir Tom).

Two WWII veterans :cheer2:

It must be rare these days for the Queen to bestow a Knighthood on someone older than her. When she was first Queen, it would have been the norm.

kittyjake5

Beatrice looks beautiful! The dress is simple but very elegant. Looks like it was updated a little. Sweet tribute to her grandmother.

Catherine M

Beatrice looks beautiful in her vintage dress and it must have been very moving for her to be loaned the Queen Mary tiara.

Kinda poignant that this is probably the last wedding the Queen and Prince Philip will attend of their grandchildren. Well unless Peter remarries sooner than later or Louise is a very young bride.

centerstage01

Well, even though her parents didn’t give their children the HRH, it’s possible Lady Louise might wear the Fringe tiara someday. Technically, she is a blood princess.

Beatrice looked beautiful and the dress and tiara were perfect. I hope her day was everything she hoped it would be.

(The fact that neither daughter wore her tiara lends more credence to the rumor that Sarah’s tiara was sold.)

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Lovely! Beatrice wore Queen Mary's Fringe tiara. Worn by the Queen and Princess Anne at their weddings

She looks absolutely gorgeous! Love the fringe tiara. One of my favorites. When you use the word "gifted" did the Queen actually gave it to her? :eek:

starrynight

Exceptionally beautiful dress for Beatrice. It's very romantic and fashionable - not all stiff and formal like a lot of aristocratic wedding dresses. Regular people would normally never wear a lot of the royal dresses - but Beatrice's dress is very nice and I could see it being a popular style.

vesperholly

The dress is gorgeous and what a nice idea to wear one of the Queen's. She must have had to add the sleeves for church - I would prefer less puffy but they're not bad. The Fringe Tiara is one of my favorites.

I didn't realize she's known Edoardo since childhood. Aww.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
She looks so happy. I'm glad that despite all the challenges she had a special day and it's nice that she was able to share some key elements with the Queen.

aftershocks

Banned Member

Beatrice looks beautiful, and she and Edo both look so happy. They are positively blooming, like the flowers. I'm glad for them that they found this window of opportunity to hold a private and special ceremony for just their immediate family and perhaps a few of their closest friends. As much as I love seeing royal weddings, a big televised one was not in the cards for so many reasons. But more than likely, they were probably happier being able to keep it a private and small royal family wedding. It seems to have turned out quite lovely holding it at the Queen's private chapel on the grounds of Windsor.

That Norman Hartnell vintage dress is gorgeous and it suits Beatrice perfectly! I like how she's wearing her hair down, and the flowers are so nice for mid-summer. What a beautiful, vintage dress, with exquisite details! And being able to wear the tiara that the Queen wore for her wedding has such tremendous meaning and significance. It seems clear that the Queen very much wanted to ensure that Beatrice felt special on an important day for her. All of the original efforts for the wedding scheduled in May had those same endearing touches of making everything as special and significant as possible, since circumstances dictated that Beatrice would not have the more elaborate wedding her sister enjoyed in 2018. Had Beatrice & Edo been able to hold their wedding in May as planned at St. James Chapel (where Queen Victoria married Prince Albert), that would have held just as much historic meaning and family sentimentality, with a reception at BP. Still, this small, intimate wedding held quietly without any advance notice to the media seems to defintely have been the very right call for them (instead of having to wait much longer).

I wonder if this was the dress that was planned for Beatrice all along? It's truly lovely. The hem might have been dropped a tad longer. But it's still a nice length that allows for a peek of her shoes. It would be interesting to know details of the ups-and-downs of all the start-and-stop planning that was necessitated over the past year or so. A roller coaster ride that fortunately has ended happily for the couple and their loved ones in the private chapel on the grounds of Windsor.

I've seen so many speculative comments online that have belittled Edo, but honestly from all I've read about his million dollar property development business, his construction, design and architecture acumen, plus his intelligence and creativity, he seems like a wonderful partner for Beatrice (definitely huge steps up from the guy she dated for ten years who apparently jilted her). Judging by the ring Edo designed for Beatrice and by the deeply caring words he posted to her on Instagram, he seems very romantic, as well as a devoted father to his son, Wolfie. Add handsome to the mix, and I'm not sure why there've been even a few, let alone a slew of negative comments directed toward Edo. He stuck by Beatrice through a lot since their engagement. Hopefully, they will prosper in their married life.

Bonus:
A lovely b&w modeling portrait of Beatrice (for a cosmetic brand) posted by the photographer earlier this past week:

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
She looks absolutely beautiful! And my first reaction is that the loan of that particular tiara is really lovely. I mean, since they had to scale back their wedding plans, somehow the loan of the dress and this particular tiara seems to be a loving thing to make the day special for them. Having both the Queen and Prince Phillip celebrating with them is also very wonderful. (Just my musings...)

Congratulations to them both!

aftershocks

Banned Member
It's certainly a multi-purpose dress. It's been to a movie premiere, opened Parliament and been worn by a bride on her wedding day.

Re-purposing this gorgeous, Norman Hartnell vintage dress surely saved a lot of time and money. That's why I wonder whether this dress was planned all along, or possibly original plans for a designer dress fell through when the recent global health crisis happened. This dress is perfect for Beatrice. The hem could be slightly lowered, but that's a minor detail. It works beautifully as is. And Beatrice is glowing. Edo is beaming too. I read that she and Edo have been staying with his mother's family not too far from Royal Lodge, during the stay-at-home crisis. I wonder how much time Bea & Edo might spend in Italy in the future. Edo's biological father has Italian roots, and his mother is British. Reportedly, Edo is closer to his stepfather than to his father. Also, Edo does not use his Italian title, though he is titled. And thereby, so is Beatrice, in addition to her HRH Princess designation:

I didn't realize she's known Edoardo since childhood. Aww.

Yes, that was written about when news they were dating was first reported. And it was mentioned again after their engagement announcement. There is a six-year gap in their ages though, which makes a difference during childhood. Over the ten years that Beatrice was dating Dave Clark, Edo was building his very successful property development business, and he was in a relationship with Dara Huang for a significant period too. So probably Edo and Beatrice didn't come into much contact with each other as adults, despite their families being close. Beatrice and Dave Clark broke up in 2016 (reportedly, Clark wasn't keen on marrying into royalty, plus it's been said that Beatrice's cousin, William, didn't like Clark much for whatever reason. After Clark broke up with Beatrice, he fairly quickly married someone else and had a child).

Some reports say that Beatrice and Edo reconnected shortly before Eugenie's wedding. And the rest is history.

MsZem

I see the sea
How is it the York daughters can do everything so right and their parents do everything so wrong? Both Beatrice and Eugenie seem like level-headed, kind, smart women. And yet they were raised by Andrew and Sarah.
It's possible that for all their faults, Andrew and Sarah are good parents. Both Beatrice and Eugenie faced challenges growing up (dyslexia for Beatrice, scoliosis for Eugenie) and they seem to have gotten a lot of support, whether from their parents or others.

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ It's always been apparent that Sarah and Andrew are loving, nurturing parents to both their daughters. It's genuine love and caring surely, and also perhaps a tad bit of narcissism, especially in Andrew's case. Having two daughters of his own, how could Andrew have been so tempted via his own questionable urges to be entrapped by Epstein and embroiled in that vile enterprise which harmed so many young women and girls!

The hem might have been dropped a tad longer.

Although the dress length could have been a half-inch longer it appears that the band along the bottom of the dress was added to give the dress additional length suitable for Beatrice who is taller than her grandmother. :) I like the sheer puff sleeves. They look good on Beatrice. Some commentators have compared this dress to the one Sarah wore to her wedding in 1986, but the similarities are minimal.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
The flower arrangements around the chapel door are lush and lovely, reminiscent of what Meghan asked of her floral designer, except Meghan's choice was to use only white flowers with the greenery, and Beatrice's arrangement includes pretty pastel colors, along with white and the greenery. The pastel colors match Beatrice's dress and her bouquet. Edo looks good in his morning suit too.

At their royal wedding, M&H picked resonant passages from Song of Solomon for Diana's sister, Jane, to recite. And the Kingdom Choir beautifully sang a rendition of Stand By Me after silently suffering from standing on their feet for nearly ten minutes waiting for Bishop Curry to wrap up his lengthy Power of Love 'sermon' (the choir took their places 4 minutes into the sermon that should have been a 7-minute wedding address). At their wedding,W&K prepared their own prayer for the minister to read at the end of the 'like clockwork' (just under 7 minutes) wedding address, plus Kate's brother also gave a reading. At her wedding, Eugenie asked her sister Beatrice to read a passage from The Great Gatsby, oddly relevant to the first time Eugenie met Jack. On her wedding day, Meghan wore a gorgeous, to-die-for veil featuring flowers for every country of the Commonwealth, as well as for her state of California where she, Harry & Archie now reside. Eugenie admirably chose not to wear a veil in order to proudly highlight her surgical scar, thereby helping to bring more attention and awareness to scoliosis.

We only get to imagine the intimate ceremony for Beatrice and Edo. Reportedly, there was music (possibly live organ music?), but no singing in accordance with health guidelines. Probably, they also had to practice social distancing inside the chapel, at least for the guests. But in the end, it was surely a beautiful wedding, made more special because of its privacy and intimacy, and the frustrations they experienced in the planning stages.

Edo & Beatrice had their mothers read respectively Shakespeare's Sonnet 116, and e.e. cummings' poem, I carry you in my heart; Additional readings for the ceremony included, 1 Corinthians 1-13, along with prayers.

I would imagine that the Shakespeare Sonnet was read by Edo's mother and the e.e. cummings' poem was read by Sarah, though it could have been the opposite. Sonnet 116 celebrates the steadfast strength of love in the face of impediments:

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds
Or bends with the remover to remove.
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark ...

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread