Royalty Thread #11: Putting the "Fun" in Dysfunctional

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsZem

I see the sea
Wow - this is thread drift of the greatest magnitude!!! Hopefully we get some pics from the BAFTA's tomorrow to bring us back onto topic :D
Until then, here's Crown Princess Victoria making pottery, because why wouldn't she.

Judy

Maybe in your neck of the woods, celeriac root is better known and common. But it's not that well known in the U.S., as the articles indicate. I haven't yet been able to locate any in nearby food markets, but it probably is available somewhere locally.

Obviously, the flavors that substitutes and alternatives offer are not exactly the same. That's actually part of the point -- substitutes can offer unique and different flavors that are robust enough we won't miss the ingredients we may need to forego for health or other reasons.

That said, I don't see any reason in the world to split hairs over celeriac root or any of the other listed alternatives to onion and garlic. Bon appétit to royals and commoners alike! :D

You may think the speculation about what royals eat is 'pretty funny.' The documentary that I linked tells us otherwise. At least some of the royals are fairly particular and serious about gastronomic matters for grand occasions and for chilling at home in the palaces, watching television. :glamor:

I enjoyed watching. OmgI want those poached eggs and cucumber sandwiches 😜

ballettmaus

Until then, here's Crown Princess Victoria making pottery, because why wouldn't she.

Not a fan of the suit, well, the jacket, really. It looks like it's a couple of sized too big. But she and Daniel look like they had loads of fun.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

Vagabond

Reading the post immediately following the one to which you are replying before hitting the "Post reply" button is always a wise thing to do. :saint:

Last edited:

Judy

Hey, maybe not for those who are aspiring chefs or regular ole foodies or obsessive royal aficionados. :p ;)

it seemed to be a focus on
Actually apparently this is wrong. I saw a disclaimer that she will not be doing a reality show. And if she did, so what? One of the reasons they left the UK is to make their own decisions for their lives. I'm sorry they didn't check with you.

I think it’s Just all a lot of speculation at this point.

MsZem

I see the sea
Not a fan of the suit, well, the jacket, really. It looks like it's a couple of sized too big. But she and Daniel look like they had loads of fun.
Victoria typically knocks it out of the park when attending tiara events, and rarely anywhere else ;) but she and Daniel (with/without the kids) are delightful.

Lorac

More pictures here - and there is one of the Duchess in the dress in 2012 - it appears the sleeves have been slightly altered and she doesn't wear a necklace in 2012.

Dazzling Duchess

Scroll to the end to see more of the red carpet fashions - some hits and some awful misses!!!

mag

I had forgotten about that dress. It is absolutely stunning! Lots of detail here:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Other non-senior members of the British royal family have benefited from their royal association via commercial projects, including Princess Anne's children, Zara Tindall and Peter Philips, the York sisters, and their mother, Sarah Duchess of York.

BTW, Longleat House was spliced into the milk commercial reportedly without the permission of the owners and occupants of that storied British estate: Alexander Thynn, the 7th Marquess of Bath and his son & daughter-in-law, Viscount Weymouth (Ceawlin Thynn) and Viscountess Weymouth (Emma Thynn). Here are Emma & Ceawlin with their two children:

But yeah, it's more important for us to over-scrutinize Meghan and Harry, just because they are so popular and so ripe for being scrutinized. Let alone being click-bait and pots of gold for the media. As much money as Britain and the media, and indeed a lot of people have been making off of Meghan & Harry, the two of them should certainly be able to make their own money and earn their financial independence in whatever ways they choose. I'm certain M&H both hold high ideals, principles and values, regardless of the overwrought way some people prefer to view them.

Omid Scobie spoke on his January 24 episode of the HeirPod with Lainey Liu of LaineyGossip, about the future prospects for Meghan and Harry as they move forward. Both Omid and Lainey have insider Sussex sources, but both of them are also independent and professional in their views and reporting. Omid's podcast is fairly neutral and balanced in covering news about all the British royals.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Not sure how much this is true lol .. can’t imagine them doing shopping malls. https://ottawacitizen.com/news/worl...-l-a/wcm/056e565f-1762-4994-b9bd-680a5180ac46

Regarding the Queen not expecting M&H to appear at a 'shopping mall in Dubai,' when she set them free, if I were QE-II, I'd be more worried about the mess Prince Andrew has made for himself and by association, has saddled the British monarchy with.

As well, the Queen should also be monitoring the commercial deals and enterprises of other members of her esteemed family. Harry & Meghan IMHO, will only continue bringing beneficial attention and funding to worthy causes and to their patronages and charitable projects. Just as they will surely continue receiving positive acclaim and recognition from people of goodwill around the world, for all the worthwhile goals they pursue and ultimately achieve.

What exactly do you find alarming or off-putting about shopping malls? M&H have appeared in a number of different settings in Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Tonga, Morocco, South Africa, etc., including radio stations, museums, cafes, hospitals, memorials, shopping malls, presidential mansions, modest homes, small villages, gymnasiums, town halls, community kitchens, horse stables, athletic stadiums, community courtyards, theaters, neighborhood market stalls, nursing homes, resort towns, and majestic National Parks in New Zealand and in Africa.

Personally, I look forward to seeing what the Sussexes will do next for the benefit of their own livelihoods, as well as for the people and passion projects they care so deeply about.

Last edited:

Judy

Regarding the Queen not expecting M&H to appear at a 'shopping mall in Dubai,' when she set them free, if I were QE-II, I'd be more worried about the mess Prince Andrew has made for himself and by association, has saddled the British monarchy with.

As well, the Queen should also be monitoring the commercial deals and enterprises of other members of her esteemed family. Harry & Meghan IMHO, will only continue bringing beneficial attention and funding to worthy causes and to their patronages and charitable projects. Just as they will surely continue receiving positive acclaim and recognition from people of goodwill around the world, for all the worthwhile goals they pursue and ultimately achieve.

What exactly do you find alarming or off-putting about shopping malls? M&H have appeared in a number of different settings in Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Tonga, Morocco, South Africa, etc., including radio stations, museums, hospitals, memorials, shopping malls, presidential mansions, modest homes, courtyards, gymnasiums, town halls, community kitchens, horse stables, athletic stadiums, community courtyards, theaters, neighborhood market stalls, nursing homes, resort towns, and majestic National Parks in New Zealand and in Africa.

Personally, I look forward to seeing what the Sussexes will do next for the benefit of their own livelihoods, as well as for the people and passion projects they care so deeply about.

That’s in support of their charities. I don’t find it off putting but I can’t see them going to a mall and just signing autographs.

aftershocks

Banned Member
That’s in support of their charities. I don’t find it off putting but I can’t see them going to a mall and just signing autographs.

You don't know exactly what they would be doing at such an appearance. Nor has this particular 'bragged about on social media' venture yet been confirmed. Right now, there's simply a lot of ongoing speculation. Cool your jets and give it some time. That's what M&H are doing apparently. Reportedly, M&H are giving their new life some time and taking it easy at their rented mansion on Vancouver Island. Behind-the-scenes they are also making plans and figuring things out.

Meghan is a self-made, down-to-earth courageous woman, a successful entrepreneur, humanitarian, and a mover-and-shaker. Harry is also a caring, self-made humanitarian, an all-around good guy and a prince who has always dreamed of living a 'normal' life. By normal, a younger Harry and William meant 'relatively normal.' As well, in the below interview, the Wales brothers both appeared to desire being treated as human beings, and not royal oddities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Gkjvo4ILo audio out-of-sync & poor visual quality

A better audio/video clip from the above old NBC interview:

While William as direct heir to the British throne, will never be able to escape the demands and restrictions of royal life, Harry has done so with a strong, supportive woman by his side.

At about 1:56, Harry says, "We met once, then twice back-to-back," which again gives me pause about whether they may have been briefly introduced perhaps in May 2016 in Toronto, prior to their back-to-back 'seriously getting to know each other' date nights in early July 2016, in London. But that suspicion, like much of what is bandied about regarding this sexy power couple, is pure speculation.

Judy

You don't know exactly what they would be doing at such an appearance. Nor has this particular 'bragged about on social media' venture yet been confirmed. Right now, there's simply a lot of ongoing speculation. Cool your jets and give it some time. That's what M&H are doing apparently. Reportedly, M&H are giving their new life some time and taking it easy at their rented mansion on Vancouver Island. Behind-the-scenes they are also making plans and figuring things out.

Meghan is a self-made, down-to-earth courageous woman, a successful entrepreneur, humanitarian, and a mover-and-shaker. Harry is also a caring, self-made humanitarian, an all-around good guy and a prince who has always dreamed of living a 'normal' life. By normal, a younger Harry and William meant 'relatively normal.' As well, in the below interview, the Wales brothers both appeared to desire being treated as human beings, and not royal oddities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Gkjvo4ILo audio out-of-sync & poor visual quality

A better audio/video clip from the above old NBC interview:

While William as direct heir to the British throne, will never be able to escape the demands and restrictions of royal life, Harry has done so with a strong, supportive woman by his side.

At about 1:56, Harry says, "We met once, then twice back-to-back," which again gives me pause about whether they may have been briefly introduced perhaps in May 2016 in Toronto, prior to their back-to-back 'seriously getting to know each other' date nights in early July 2016, in London. But that suspicion, like much of what is bandied about regarding this sexy power couple, is pure speculation.

I really don’t have any jets to cool lol. Where I posted a link to the article I mentioned that I had no idea if it’s true.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I really don’t have any jets to cool lol. Where I posted a link to the article I mentioned that I had no idea if it’s true.

Ah, cool. :cool:

Not sure how much this is true lol .. can’t imagine them doing shopping malls.

Well, don't allow your 'imagination' to run away with itself, or conversely to be stunted. ;) In life, we all have lots of possibilities, if we don't limit ourselves. And those possibilities don't have to meet-up with the dismissively tawdry, optimistically curious, or neutrally speculative expectations of others.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Generally, the mall, is not the place to garner participants for Royal Charities. I realize they are getting a huge donation...........but really? Autographs at the mall? Way to make common that which is Royal.

And whatever they want to do with their "BRAND" is cheapened. They get to make a point in the short term....but not the long term.

Judy

Generally, the mall, is not the place to garner participants for Royal Charities. I realize they are getting a huge donation...........but really? Autographs at the mall? Way to make common that which is Royal.

And whatever they want to do with their "BRAND" is cheapened. They get to make a point in the short term....but not the long term.

I googled a bit more and it seems like the company is using it as advertising lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information