Royalty Thread #10 -Archie Phase 2 - Bold and Bald Still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I hope not either. It does seem as though both Kate and William have been very, very busy lately though, so perhaps, especially as William was also going, they thought it OK for her to skip this one and be with the kids.

kittyjake5

Maybe one of the kids are ill. Prince Louis is at the miserable teething stage and
maybe Kate just wanted to stay home and be a Mom, tough leaving the little ones if they are not well.

canbelto

It's been a pretty rough few days for the royal family. Wouldn't be surprised if Kate just wanted a night at home and sent William in her place. I'd also like to be a fly on the wall for what W&K and H&M are going to do about "Uncle Andrew" considering both couples have have young kids.

MsZem

I see the sea
It's been a pretty rough few days for the royal family. Wouldn't be surprised if Kate just wanted a night at home and sent William in her place. I'd also like to be a fly on the wall for what W&K and H&M are going to do about "Uncle Andrew" considering both couples have have young kids.
They don't seem to have a particularly close relationship with him, and there's been no suggestion that Andrew preyed on children that age. None of the Cambridge/Sussex kids are really old enough to understand what the scandal is about. So there's no need to discuss it with them at all, beyond the usual age-appropriate conversations parents should have with their kids about how people should respect their boundaries and bodily autonomy.

mag

So does Andrew make the walk to church with the others on Christmas morning?

Oreo

I was just chatting with my boyfriend (retired royal protection officer) who said that Andrew's protection team would have documented all his whereabouts. It's not only protocol, but officers need to do it for expense reimbursement. These notebooks are handed in to the Metropolitan Police where they are permanently archived. He had no idea of the legal procedure in the case of a subpoena. He also said that there isn't a protection officer out there who isn't thrilled that Andrew has finally got his comeuppance. Among things that Andrew would do is drive around Windsor Great Park like a lunatic, and on one occasion knocked into a police officer who suffered a broken leg.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I think Andrew will do the church walk. There's still duty to consider, a stiff upper lip and all that, and some might say that now more than ever he should be paying attention in church. I imagine he will walk with his daughters, but definitely not stop to greet well wishers.

In many ways his absence on such an occasion (assuming he's almost always there) would be a bigger deal than if he is.

canbelto

I think Andrew will do the church walk. There's still duty to consider, a stiff upper lip and all that, and some might say that now more than ever he should be paying attention in church. I imagine he will walk with his daughters, but definitely not stop to greet well wishers.

In many ways his absence on such an occasion (assuming he's almost always there) would be a bigger deal than if he is.

Andrew's never been big on the meet and greet for the church walk anyway.

mag

“Prince Andrew has been a long-time champion of Lakefield College School,” she wrote. “His term as Honorary Chair of the LCS Foundation is expiring. The school’s proactive governance process has activated an already established succession plan. We thank him for his support.”

floskate

Vacant
I read this morning that Andrew has pulled out of his upcoming weekend jolly to Bahrain - probably at someone elses huge expense - to go and hob nob at some Pitch@Palace do (not an official Royal duty apparently). Once more the family had to step in and 'persuade' him it really wasn't a good idea. Just shows how clueless he really is and how out of touch. And clearly how intimidated the palace is by him because apparently no one seems able to stand up to him and tell him to just eff off and stay out of the way!

MsZem

I see the sea
I never find anything this impressive at H&M:

Also, here's Kate looking quite well at the private reception for the Tusk Awards.

mag

My understanding is the money to run the office and pay for travel comes from the Sovereign Grant. This is the grant given to the Queen which she then distributes and it replaces the old civil list. If Andrew is no longer taking on public duties, he will no longer be eligible for Sovereign Grant monies.

mag

And he won't need an office in Buckingham Palace either.

Yes, that too. Must be quite the come down for Andrew who, at least from an outsider perspective, always seemed quite impressed with himself.

clairecloutier

There was an article in the Daily Mail speculating on how Andrew’s downfall will affect his daughters. The article said that it’s thought Andrew was providing most of the girls’ funding. Will he still be able to do that if he’s lost his 250,000 annual stipend??

mag

There was an article in the Daily Mail speculating on how Andrew’s downfall will affect his daughters. The article said that it’s thought Andrew was providing most of the girls’ funding. Will he still be able to do that if he’s lost his 250,000 annual stipend??

Questions that make you go “Hmmm?”

mag

“In a further blow yesterday, it emerged that Andrew had holidayed at the Caribbean estate of Peter Nygard, a fashion designer accused of sexually assaulting three women.”

MsZem

I see the sea
So far I've mostly seen tabloid speculation, but it seems like the royal family will do what it can to protect the princesses from the fallout. None of this is their fault.

Beatrice and Eugenie both have jobs, though neither is likely to be making enough to support a royal lifestyle. They have their own assets, however, and their significant others are probably doing quite well too.

mella

So far I've mostly seen tabloid speculation, but it seems like the royal family will do what it can to protect the princesses from the fallout. None of this is their fault.

Beatrice and Eugenie both have jobs, though neither is likely to be making enough to support a royal lifestyle. They have their own assets, however, and their significant others are probably doing quite well too.

Well they apparently live at Kensington Palace properties during the week and Windsor at the weekend (according to tabloids). So that alone means that their income is their own. But as you say given the speculated 30k salary for one of their jobs, probably not going to keep them in "royal" living. Both their partner are independently wealthy but no idea if enough to sustain the style they live in. I'm always a blown away by what I consider to be wealthy compared to what truly wealthy people have access too. But that's because my idea of a wealthy lifestyle would be time + money for all the major skating comps in a season :lol:

I'm intrigued by some of the commentary that seems to be coming out of the US re Andrew speaking to law enforcement and going to US to do so given the refusal to ensure a US citizen returns to the UK regarding the death of someone hit by a car. It's one of the few things that could even be remotely considered to align with what Andrew must have as an absolute minimum been aware of.

ETA sorry I should probably find a thread in PI for that last paragraph.

MsZem

I see the sea
Beatrice's fiance is reportedly a multimillionaire, and Eugenie's husband has to be doing quite well too. Assuming that the princesses' net worth is in line with the article in my previous post, neither couple will be hurting for cash any time soon.

I wouldn't trade places with them for anything.

canbelto

I think the Queen will continue to provide financially for Andrew through her own funds.

puglover

Funny that Peter Nygard is named. I worked with his girlfriend in the 1970's. She spent much of her time in tears due to his philandering but also enjoyed his wealth and the many perks that came with being his #1 girl. He also has a summer place on the same lake as we do. Although he is for sure a sexist scoundrel and total hound dog, I just do not see him as being in the same vein as Epstein. Also, many, many politicians and celebrities have been guests of his. I could name a few that take his speed boats and terrorize the other owners on the lake.

smurfy

Well they apparently live at Kensington Palace properties during the week and Windsor at the weekend (according to tabloids). So that alone means that their income is their own. But as you say given the speculated 30k salary for one of their jobs, probably not going to keep them in "royal" living. Both their partner are independently wealthy but no idea if enough to sustain the style they live in. I'm always a blown away by what I consider to be wealthy compared to what truly wealthy people have access too. But that's because my idea of a wealthy lifestyle would be time + money for all the major skating comps in a season :lol:

Me too! I dream of winning the lottery and then going to all the Grand Prix events, Euros, US Nats, Nats of other counties, 4 Continents, Worlds every year plus Olympics. Plus other unrelated skating travel.

canbelto

Well judging from Andrew's interview he certainly seems to have expensive tastes. In fact, it was creepy to see him still marveling at Epstein's luxurious lifestyle. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information