Royalty Thread #10 -Archie Phase 2 - Bold and Bald Still

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsZem

I see the sea
The Guardian on Harry (and to a lesser extent Meghan) and the media:
I know Harry has had some counseling/therapy, but it seems like there is still a lot for him to work through and wherever he ends up, I hope he gets some help.

As for Meghan, my guess is that she probably figured that she knew/knows how to handle media attention - except what works as an actress is not necessarily the right approach for a royal. The (mis)handling of this announcement, as well as some other missteps, probably owes to that, as does her reported unhappiness.

Kate Middleton knew exactly what she was getting herself into, after growing up in the UK and spending years as a royal girlfriend with very little protection from the press. Chelsy Davy and Cressida Bonas probably understood quite well what it would mean to marry into the BRF, too, which is why they attended Harry's wedding only as guests ;)

starrynight

As for Meghan, my guess is that she probably figured that she knew/knows how to handle media attention - except what works as an actress is not necessarily the right approach for a royal. The (mis)handling of this announcement, as well as some other missteps, probably owes to that, as does her reported unhappiness.

It's very interesting to me, this announcement. There's a huge section of social media that is revelling in it in a very very pro-Meghan, go girl, down with the monarchy way. From what I can tell, it's probably the same section of twitter that loves it when Beyonce does something cool, or other TV stars or musicians etc.

So, from an entertainment 'mike drop' perspective, this was a win for Meghan and Harry.

But on the other hand, there's situations like this, where organisations were relying on Harry's input. Although if he does go ahead and honour these commitments, I expect they will get more attention than they would have otherwise!!

clairecloutier

There's a lot of interesting opinion pieces in regard to this situation. A couple of them:

Black Britons Know Why Meghan Markle Wants Out
It's the racism.

The Dark Side of Harry and Meghan's Fairy-Tale Escape

And also this older piece, relating to Prince Andrew's disgrace:

Prince Andrew Proves Why Canada Needs to Cut Ties to the British Monarchy

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....

Lorac

Is it true that Archie was compared to a chimpanzee in print? How was that deemed acceptable by anyone in UK?

Trust me it wasn't deemed acceptable at all. It was an idiot BBC radio DJ who compared Archie not long after birth to a chimp in a tweet. He posted an old black and white picture of a well dressed couple both holding the hands of a chimp. He was fired immediately. I don't know where he is now but he claimed he was trying to compare the royals to circus animals :rolleyes:

manhn

Well, you just need to read the list of BAFTA Award nominees, and I can see why Meghan would leave. I am sure the British media would have loved Harry to marry Margot Robbie.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
[QUOTE="mella, post: 5722035, member: 73
Seriously? Just no. It's anecdotal but I haven't spoken to a single fellow Brit if who feels "betrayed".
[/QUOTE]
Well, of course it is anecdotal. It is various people being interviewed and stating their opinion. Some people are annoyed, furious and feel betrayed.

There are facts, and they are still unfolding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information