Roman Kostomarov

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
I'm the same age as Roman, and frankly his condition is a stark reminder of my own mortality. Forty-six is much too young to be possibly dying.

That said, I wish him and his loved ones well, no matter the outcome. I hope we will read of a miraculous recovery for him.

Rina RUS

How come your anger is never directed to these actual sources?

I’m not angry.

So either you are a close friend of his or a member of his family and you ask the admins to close this thread until further and official notice...

The opinion of Roman’s family is already known. Not long ago his wife was saying that she didn’t want to comment the situation, but she decided to give some comments just because her and Roman’s relatives are shocked when they read those articles.
The opinion of Roman’s family is known. I think that’s enough for well-wishing people.
Even though some other people can say: “We are free to keep reposting those shocking articles until a member of his family comes to close this thread”.
I’m not angry. I just think well-wishing people are able to take into account the opinions of Roman’s family without closing the thread.
Why do I say it on this forum, but not in some other places? It is just because I’m already registered on this forum.

Rina RUS

No, she died because she was in a speeding car, being driven by a drunk driver, that went out of control in a narrow tunnel.

Princess Diana’s car was speeding not without any reason as far as I can see. Those “journalists” did follow her (even if later the judges decided not to blame the “journalists” for her death). I think that anyway the actions of those “journalists” were disgusting too, because they did follow her against her will (as far as I understand).

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Princess Diana’s car was speeding not without any reason as far as I can see. Those “journalists” did follow her (even if later the judges decided not to blame the “journalists” for her death). I think that anyway the actions of those “journalists” were disgusting too, because they did follow her against her will (as far as I understand).

Did you miss the part about the driver being intoxicated? (and he had drugs in his system as well)

Minou

Did you miss the part about the driver being intoxicated? (and he had drugs in his system as well)
Recently, after receiving a speeding ticket in a Chicago suburb, I was required to complete an eight-hour traffic safety course that used the Princess Diana crash in Paris as a touchstone. It included physics, safety, traffic, and other experts especially vis-à-vis safety restraints...

I was looking at this thread to see if there was an update on Roman Sergeyevich. Sepsis is grim.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
The actions of those “jounalists” don’t become better because of such facts about Diana’s driver.
(I think their actions were bad, even if it is decided that they shouldn’t be blamed for her death.)

This is not the place to debate this, but if there were journalists pursuing Diana, the outcome might have been very different if the driver hadn't been intoxicated and on drugs. And if everyone in the car had been wearing their seatbelts.

Rina RUS

if there were journalists pursuing Diana, the outcome might have been very different if the driver hadn't been intoxicated and on drugs. And if everyone in the car had been wearing their seatbelts.

Yes, I agree that the outcome might have been different under these conditions in the case with Diana.

I just think the behavior of “journalists” was unallowable in that case (with Diana) and is unallowable in this case (with Roman).

Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Yes, I agree that the outcome might have been different under these conditions in the case with Diana.

I just think the behavior of “journalists” was unallowable in that case (with Diana) and is unallowable in this case (with Roman).

You need to choose a different example, then, where journalists are more clearly and directly responsible for causing harm.

Rina RUS

You need to choose a different example, then, where journalists are more clearly and directly responsible for causing harm.

Maybe. I haven’t been collecting such examples.

(I think it's better not to start to do it in this thread)

Last edited:

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Well, that escalated quickly...

In other news: No news about Kostomarov for today. Media are just writing that the "entire country" is praying for Roman and they are offering some possible outcomes, but other than that, nothing.

Carolla5501

Are we really judging Princess Diana and the company she keeps 25 years later on a thread that is tragic. Roman was very nice to me when I was a young ice dancer, and this breaks my heart for he and his family.

Of course they are, and that’s why I’m more than a little shocked at the sanctimonious we should not be talking about this posts that keep coming up. All of a sudden we decided that a board that is 50% gossip is not going to gossip?

And if you don’t think people should be talking about what’s happening to this young man then maybe you should not be out here reading and posting. If you really believe something is wrong you do not support it by drawing attention to it. Every time a poster posts trying to control the narrative All you do is move this to the top of the board so it’s more attention.

I hope things turn out well for this man and his family but I don’t think telling people not to post out a forum like this makes any difference in the way it’s going to come out. And I hardly think his wife is on here reading getting upset because of what people are posting. She’s probably a little busy right now. this board is not that important in the grand scheme of things. This board is not what his wife was responding to.

ballettmaus

Now Russian media are reporting that Kostomarov has suffered two strokes...Jesus, what else does he have on his bingo card?! I feel like he has all the illnesses there are at the same time.
The German news magazine FOCUS reported that he was hospitalized with Covid Jan 10. If true then, unfortunately, it makes sense and he only has one illness. :(

It's still absolutely horrible!

ballettmaus

All the Russian outlets claim it's not covid, which means it can be anything.
I have no idea how reliable the outlets are but if he was admitted January 10 then it's entirely possible he's already testing negative. That doesn't mean that Covid isn't the cause and if he wasn't vaccinated (someone posted upthread he's an anti-vaxxer) it's even more likely. Blood clots in the lungs, kidney failure, strokes/brain damage, no proper blood circulation; unfortunately, he checks every box of how Covid wreaks havoc to the body.

sjs5572

I have no idea how reliable the outlets are but if he was admitted January 10 then it's entirely possible he's already testing negative. That doesn't mean that Covid isn't the cause and if he wasn't vaccinated (someone posted upthread he's an anti-vaxxer) it's even more likely. Blood clots in the lungs, kidney failure, strokes/brain damage, no proper blood circulation; unfortunately, he checks every box of how Covid wreaks havoc to the body.
Another box is the use of ECMO machine.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Not being a member of his medical care team, I don't think anyone can say covid or no covid. I agree with Mikey-all I heard was influenza and then developed bacterial pneumonia.

The big thing is that he was/is sick enough to require extraordinary medical procedures during the course of this illness. ECMO can be life saving but comes with all sorts of medical complications including amputation, strokes, etc. I've never been involved with the clinical care of ECMO but I've seen pictures of, read accounts of how ECMO works/conducted.

ECMO may have gotten tremendous publicity due to covid, but I've been retired for ~14 years now and it had been used for at least 1 probably 3 years before my retirement. Sepsis from any type of infection, or complex surgeries, or other things can result in the use of ECMO.

It's a tragic horrible situation but trying to diagnose causes is just fruitless. I look for updates just like most of us reading this thread. But I don't think speculation of causes is helpful.

Of course, I'm not going to stop speculation, I'm just expressing my thoughts.

Mugs

If he is on ECMO and has had amputations, then he may be suffering from Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (DIC). It's a terrible condition with stages, where the blood clots so much that all of the clotting factor in your body is used up, which can then result in massive bleeding in other areas of the body. Once the clotting starts it is very difficult to stop, even with changes to the ECMO circuit.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
It seems like he got ill, ignored it, and only waited until the last possible minute to seek actual medical help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information