RIP Robbie Coltrane

A.H.Black

I think I first remembered him from Henry V, but it might have been French and Saunders. I was happy to see him as Hagrid, but already knew he was a good actor first

On My Own

Well this is cool. From the Cracker wikipedia entry.

Robbie Coltrane as Dr Edward "Fitz" Fitzgerald. The character was named after the English poet and writer Edward FitzGerald, according to series creator Jimmy McGovern. Coltrane won three consecutive BAFTA awards for the role, a streak matched only by Michael Gambon, Helen Mirren and Julie Walters.

To be hypocritical since I took issue with Hagrid trending instead Of Robbie Coltrane, good to see he shares the honour with two other Harry Potter actors (Gambon and Walters).

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I had forgotten the actor's name but he was great in 'Cracker'. American version was meh.

I had to look this up because I had completely forgotten about the American version, even though I saw several episodes. The lead actor in that was Robert Pastorelli, who was better known as Eldon the house painter on Murphy Brown. My general recollection is that he did his best, but a lot of the cultural nuances in the UK version just didn't translate to the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information