RIP Prince Philip

D

Deleted member 221

People may not have been intentionally flouting restrictions. Groups of six are allowed to gather outdoors (masks not required outdoors, and never have been). Walking over to Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle in a small group isn't "flouting restrictions" in and of itself. Unfortunately, lots of "groups of six" decided to go to the various royal sites, which did not allow for the required two metre distance between groups. The police did ask people to disperse. If people who could not maintain 2m distance did not disperse, then yes, they were flouting restrictions.

Judy

Due to C19 restrictions, Buckingham Palace asked people not to lay flowers at the gates or otherwise congregate. The framed notice informing of Prince Philip's death was removed after one hour due to crowds. I thought about walking over to Buckingham Palace yesterday, but after reading the above on BBC, I decided not to. Regardless of what I think about C19 restrictions, I felt it was appropriate to honour the Queen's/RF's wishes for people to stay away.

I did walk past Kensington Palace twice, just in the course of normal daily errands, and you'd never know anything had happened. I thought maybe Hyde Park would have restrictions that people should be "solemn," but there were kids playing, ice cream trucks, picnics, music, etc. including immediately in front of the palace. On my way back, I did see a bunch of what seemed to be media / paparazzi waiting for someone (Will and Kate?) to exit the palace by car.
There is never anything wrong with kids playing and somewhat normal activities going on. It does not mean that a country is not grieving or sad.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I hope the service will be available in the US.
Here in Canada the all-day BBC programming was also on BBC World yesterday so I presume they will be showing the funeral. I suspect there will be some coverage on mainstream/cable networks elsewhere too.

becca

Here in Canada the all-day BBC programming was also on BBC World yesterday so I presume they will be showing the funeral. I suspect there will be some coverage on mainstream/cable networks elsewhere too.
Yeah I wonder if Prince Phillip would want wall to walk coverage

becca

Thanks for the link. I was wondering about this group yesterday after hearing the news.

Condolences to the Queen and Royal Family and RIP Prince Philip.
Yeah I don’t want to say much about it because I don’t want to make fun of others sincerely held religious beliefs. I mean I believe a man rose from the dead

They say they may transfer the adulation towards Prince Charles.

kittyjake5

You can post Omid’s. I thought the comments section in this one was less offensive, maybe not.

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
A great many people in the UK have had two jabs so are fully vaccinated. This may make them feel that it is safe to gather outdoors

Vagabond

Senior members of the royal family will not wear military uniform at the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral, in a break with tradition designed to avoid embarrassing Prince Harry, according to reports.

The Duke of Sussex, who lost his military titles after stepping down as a senior working royal, faced being the only senior male royal not in uniform, despite having served two tours in Afghanistan....

The no-uniform rule would also quell an internal palace row over whether the Duke of York should be allowed to wear the uniform of an admiral to the funeral on Saturday.
“All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” -- Leo Tolstoy

becca

“All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” -- Leo Tolstoy
Eek! I feel for the Queen apparently Andrew didn’t just want to wear a uniform but a uniform of a promotion he never received. My understanding is technically Andrew is entitled since he retired Harry not so much. But obviously Andrew worse than Harry.

The Queen doesnt need this honestly with her husband passing away.

This being said cannot help feeling this is kicking the can to Charles when he becomes King.

matti

1. The Queen

2. The Prince of Wales

3. The Duchess of Cornwall

4. The Duke of Cambridge

5. The Duchess of Cambridge

6. The Duke of Sussex

7. The Duke of York

8. Princess Beatrice

9. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi

10. Princess Eugenie

11. Jack Brooksbank

12. The Earl of Wessex

13. The Countess of Wessex

14. Lady Louise Windsor

15. Viscount Severn

16. The Princess Royal

17. Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence

18. Peter Phillips

19. Zara Phillips

20. Mike Tindall

21. Earl of Snowdon

22. Lady Sarah Chatto

23. Daniel Chatto

24. Duke of Gloucester

25. Duke of Kent

26. Princess Alexandra

27. Bernhard, Hereditary Prince of Baden

28. Prince Donatus, Landgrave of Hesse

29. Prince Philipp of Hohenlohe-Langenburg

30. The Countess Mountbatten of Burma

MsZem

I see the sea

MacMadame

Doing all the things

This headline annoys me. It makes it seem like it's all Harry's fault when you know Andrew wanting to dress as an Admiral is the real issue. (Can you imagine the headlines if that had happened?) Plus all this pussy-footing around Andrew and shielding him from consequences just annoys me in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information