Really, part deux

Gerry

Thank-you Jerry for the update. It will take a lot of rest and sleep to make repairs for all that Lee has undergone as you well know sleep time is when the body heals. So glad she is communicating again. This must have been hell for you. How do they know when to reprogram the shunt?

That's one of my questions... if they raise the resistance too soon, it will be counterproductive. It was easy to 'see' how her brain was re-establishing an equilibrium when she had an external drain we could measure and titrate. Now, with everything internal, I imagine she will need CT or MRI.

barbarafan

That's one of my questions... if they raise the resistance too soon, it will be counterproductive. It was easy to 'see' how her brain was re-establishing an equilibrium when she had an external drain we could measure and titrate. Now, with everything internal, I imagine she will need CT or MRI.

Thanks for the info (I am very medically nosy).Hopefully where Lee is now they are set up for this testing.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
So all the national championships are over, Europeans is over and 4CC finishes overnight tonight. Coming up is a short breathing spell before the Olympics begin (but lots of angst over the "Russian situation").

It has been a busy period on FSU but that doesn't mean that we haven't been thinking about @Really. Hope she is still making slow and steady progress @Gerry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information