Pirouette World Edition (Magazine)

Eislauffan

Hello All,

I want to draw your attention to a new project of the Pirouette (German Skating Magazine) team.
Pirouette is now the oldest existing skating magazine in the world, it has been published for 55 years without interruption.
However, as you know, it is a hard time for print magazines and most have gone out of business except for magazines in Japan and one in Russia. Sadly, IFS Magazine is gone, too, after the passing of my friend Susan Russell.
Nevertheless we believe that there are still people who enjoy a print magazine.
We want to launch the "Pirouette World Edition" in English and German, but with a different approach. Magazines can't compete with the internet when it comes to news, competition results and reports. We want to create something special, a magazine, published once (or twice) a year, with a timeless content such as in depth interviews and feature articles, covering personalities and their skating journey. Plus we aim to publish beautiful and exclusive photos, on and off the ice.
In order to realize this project we have started a campaign on kickstarter. You find more information about it on Pirouette Instagram and on Pirouette Magazine Facebook. On the Kickstarter website site the information is also presented in English. I'll also post in English on the Pirouette Instagram. Thank you!

Last edited:

Eislauffan

One week to go for Pirouette World Edition's kickstarter. Thank you all for your support so far. We still have not met our goal, but we are getting closer. If you want to support this project, now the time has come!

Eislauffan

We have indeed met the goal, thank you so much everyone for your support! We can't wait to produce this magazine for you. All backers that chose the magazine as a reward, will receive it once it has been published (the plan is to produce it by the end of September). It will be available for purchase also for people who did not take part in the Kickstarter, but we will start with a limited editon. BTW, the Kickstarter is still running until 23.59 German time (5.59 pm EDT) today, on August 31. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information