Pairs Discussion Thread 2017-18--"Two Skating as One"

aftershocks

Banned Member
Can we just take a minute to admire that stunning gala Castelli/Tran did? Even if the results never quite came together for them, I'm going to thank them for teaming up simply to bless us with that gala.

Listening back to this IceTalk interview with Marissa/Mervin offers insight into their thought process for partnering and what they hoped to achieve together. They just weren't able to overcome every obstacle to fully realize the success they hoped for. But their partnership, fun times together, and best moments on the ice are unforgettable. Good luck to them both as their paths diverge: http://web.icenetwork.com/fans/icetalk Episode #20

I really love watching pairs. It's probably always been my favorite discipline even in the years when I was more excited about ladies singles. Now, ladies singles has been bringing up the rear for me for quite awhile in terms of highest interest. I'm into pairs, ice dance, men's singles, then ladies... Of course a skater like Wakaba Higuchi at her best holds my interest among the ladies, along with a very few others.

I have quite a few thoughts about the recent pairs event in Milan . I was rewatching the entire event to see more of the skaters I missed who were in the earlier groups.

Last edited:

happycamper2554

Listening back to this IceTalk interview with Marissa/Mervin offers insight into their thought process for partnering and what they hoped to achieve together. They just weren't able to overcome every obstacle to fully realize the success they hoped for. But their partnership, fun times together, and best moments on the ice are unforgettable. Good luck to them both as their paths diverge: http://web.icenetwork.com/fans/icetalk Episode #20

I really love watching pairs. It's probably always been my favorite discipline even in the years when I was more excited about ladies singles. Now, ladies singles has been bringing up the rear for me for quite awhile in terms of highest interest. I'm into pairs, ice dance, men's singles, then ladies... Of course a skater like Wakaba Higuchi at her best holds my interest among the ladies, along with a very few others.

I have quite a few thoughts about the recent pairs event in Milan . I was rewatching the entire event to see more of the skaters I missed who were in the earlier groups.

definitive list based on drama and my ability to watch the skating
Pairs (High drama and great skating)
Ice Dance (High drama and ok skating - it's gets repetative)
Ladies (decent drama and ok skating)
Mens (Lack of drama and meh skating - so many quads)

Mad for Skating

OMG are you my twin? I started out as a ladies' fangirl (mostly Russian girls and Ashley) but switched to pairs after a few years (Duhamel/Radford's 2015 world title and Stolbova/Klimov's 2015 GPF definitely did it for me) and I haven't looked back since. I'm a huge Wakaba stan too but very few ladies hold my attention anymore. PAIRS IS THE WAY TO GO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information