OES News 2019/20 Season

J

Jeschke

So, Austrias new pair is confirmed now: Olivia Boys-Eddy/Livio Mayr

A shame AUT has no 2 spots for home soil euros (due to Z/K WD last year), but a 2nd world spot is theirs to take.

Sylvia

TBD
Skate Austria's 2019-20 national teams & link to dowload criteria: https://www.skateaustria.at/nationalteam-125.html

Elite A Ladies:
Olga Mikutina
Stefanie Pesendorfer
Lara Roth
Sophia Schaller

Elite A Men:
Luc Maierhofer
Maurizio Zandron

Elite A Pair: Miriam Ziegler / Severin Kiefer

Elite B Lady: Natalie Klotz

Juniors A:
Ice dancing: Marina Philippova / Vadym Kravtsov
Pair skating: Heidrun Pipal / Erik Pipal

Sylvia

TBD
Switzerland's 2019-20 national teams page:
Copying out the names of the Elite Squads (as of 2 May):

Elite Nationalmannschaft
Herren
 Lukas BRITSCHGI, ESF Frauenfeld
 Tomas Llorenç GUARINO SABATE, CP La Chaux-de-Fonds
 Nurullah SAHAKA, EC Küsnacht
 Nicola TODESCHINI, CP La Chaux-de-Fonds
Damen
 Yoonmi LEHMANN, CP Lausanne et Malley
 Alexia PAGANINI, Winterthurer SC
 Yasmine Kimiko YAMADA, EC Zürich
Paarlauf
 Alexandra HERBRIKOVA, CP Neuchâtel-Sports
 Nicolas ROULET, CP Neuchâtel-Sports
Eistanz
 Victoria MANNI, CP Lugano
 Carlo RÖTHLISBERGER, CP Lugano

Elitekader
Damen
 Tanja ODERMATT, Dübendorfer EC
 Shaline RÜEGGER, EC Küsnacht
 Patrizia SALA, EC Heuried-Zürich
Herren
 David GOUVEIA, CP Genève
 Tim HUBER, EC Heuried-Zürich
Eistanz
 Arianna WROBLEWSKA, ESC Zürich-Oerlikon
 Stéphane WALKER, ESC Zürich-Oerlikon

Elite Auffangkader Eiskunstlauf und Eistanz
Damen
 Céline BLARER, ISC St. Moritz

Juniorenkader 2019-2020: https://www.swissiceskating.ch/9_do...nalmannschaft-und-juniorenkader-2018-2019.pdf

Related documents (selection criteria for internationals is the 3rd link down):
In German: https://www.swissiceskating.ch/de/kunstlauf/kader-und-athleten/dokumente
In French: https://www.swissiceskating.ch/fr/patinage-artistique/cadres-et-athletes/documents

J

Jeschke

Good news for @alchemy void
Latest IG pictures/stories of Selevko always showing Annely Vahy in his group

Will we see her this season again? Where has she been last? I really liked her, hope she comes back.
Someone knows what mixed group this is with Selevko brothers, Shulepov, Mozalev,..?
Who coaches them, just a camp,...?
(@Ka3sha maybe you are some help here :saint:)

Ka3sha

Interview with Galina Churilova, Ukrainian ice dance coach, who is working with both Nazarova/Nikitin and Popova/Beliakov

N/N are back to Ukraine full time, Churilova said that they had plans to work with Aleksandr Zhulin on new programs (interview dates back to May). Aleksandra and Maxim are now at Zhulin’s camp in Minsk, so it looks like things worked out for them

J

Jeschke

According to german fed's homepage, Ice Challenge Graz 2019 has been cancelled (again).
Someone has any news or can confirm?

3T3T

Why on earth would Paniot transfer to the US? I can’t see him making their top 3 anytime soon, would he even get international assignments? I wonder would Pavlov reconsider his Pairs move, could he be the leading Ukrainian man?

I was impressed with Arkhipova’s attitude to Shabotova. She didn’t seem to happy initially but this could drive her on to bigger things. I was surprised to here Shabotova had very strong Ukrainian links. Hopefully it all works out for both girls.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Some random OES-news: Remember Swiss ice dancer Ramona Elsener? She is now quite often in German media because she is dating German singer and reality tv-star Joey Heindle who is now on celebrity Big Brother.

oleada

Why on earth would Paniot transfer to the US? I can’t see him making their top 3 anytime soon, would he even get international assignments? I wonder would Pavlov reconsider his Pairs move, could he be the leading Ukrainian man?

I was impressed with Arkhipova’s attitude to Shabotova. She didn’t seem to happy initially but this could drive her on to bigger things. I was surprised to here Shabotova had very strong Ukrainian links. Hopefully it all works out for both girls.

What are Shabotovas Ukrainian links? Just curious.

Lots of interesting OES to follow at JGP Courchevel. Alina Urushadze was an absolutely delight.

3T3T

What are Shabotovas Ukrainian links? Just curious.

Lots of interesting OES to follow at JGP Courchevel. Alina Urushadze was an absolutely delight.
I took it from the article, via google translate, where she said ‘I am Ukrainian, my parents, grandparents and all my relatives live in Ukraine.’ Her mother commented on the warm welcome they had received, that they had assessed the financial stability of Ukrainian FSF and the family will part of the cost I liked her SP, she also has a 3A.

I really enjoyed Urushadze. She got a few UR’s and DG’s in the free. Her TES went from 60 to 51, she didn’t look entirely happily in the K&C.

hanca

Values her privacy
Posting on the internet that the other skater is not Ukrainian is the reaction you admire? I would admire more if she let her skills speak for her.

3T3T

Posting on the internet that the other skater is not Ukrainian is the reaction you admire? I would admire more if she let her skills speak for her.

Did you read the article? Quoting from the article again she said;

‘Yes, now in Ukraine I have a strong rival. When I heard that the Russian girl wanted to skate for our country... honestly I can’t say I was delighted. But no matter how her sporting future develops.. for me it does not change anything. I need to work on myself now more than ever before and everything will be fine. I have already met Shabotova, a pleasant cheerful girl’

That sounds positive to me. She wasn’t happy initially but she realizes it doesn’t change anything she will on herself and it will be fine. She met Shabotova and says she is pleasant and cheerful.

You also need to remember she is a 13 year old girl. I can understand her disappointment but it looks like she has moved on from that. I like her skating and I hope she does well this season and makes Euros and Worlds.

hanca

Values her privacy
Did you read the article? Quoting from the article again she said;

‘Yes, now in Ukraine I have a strong rival. When I heard that the Russian girl wanted to skate for our country... honestly I can’t say I was delighted. But no matter how her sporting future develops.. for me it does not change anything. I need to work on myself now more than ever before and everything will be fine. I have already met Shabotova, a pleasant cheerful girl’

That sounds positive to me. She wasn’t happy initially but she realizes it doesn’t change anything she will on herself and it will be fine. She met Shabotova and says she is pleasant and cheerful.

You also need to remember she is a 13 year old girl. I can understand her disappointment but it looks like she has moved on from that. I like her skating and I hope she does well this season and makes Euros and Worlds.
Well, actually it was her mother who made the comments against Shabotova, but her mother’s comments will reflect badly on her.

J

Jeschke

According to german fed's homepage, Ice Challenge Graz 2019 has been cancelled (again).
According to ISU page the event is postponed; Skate Austria lists Nov 1st as new date. (still in debate status)

oleada

OES Junior Ladies had a fabulous JGP in Latvia! :cheer: :cheer:

5Ekaterina KURAKOVA
POL
6Niina PETROKINA
EST
7Maria LEVUSHKINA
BUL

When was the last time you saw Poland, Estonia and Bulgaria ahead of skaters from Japan, Canada and the US?! And they all had great clean skates across both programs! Look at those scores!!!

Petrokina is my new favorite. Great technique and good 2A+3T and 3Lz+3T AND a wonderful personality on the ice. Skate Gods, keep her healthy!

J

Jeschke

Debut of Zhuk/Bidar, SP
Viewers discretion is advised 🆘 :gallopin1 :yikes:
According to introduction and results, Zhuk is not listed as CZE. Anyone has updates on her release status?
Thanks @Debbie S for giving the hint where to find footage!

Last edited by a moderator:

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
wow I did not know about Bidar now skating with other girl

What happened to Hanna Abrazhevich?

J

Jeschke

What happened to Hanna Abrazhevich?
I have no clue; but even for a first season this team looked kinda :shuffle: to me. I did not see much future so I was happy about the news of him and Zhuk.
Liza is a great skater and I hope she will get released and shows what shes capable off.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
I have no clue; but even for a first season this team looked kinda :shuffle: to me. I did not see much future so I was happy about the news of him and Zhuk.
Liza is a great skater and I hope she will get released and shows what shes capable off.

Danke for the info

And what is the background of this Zhuk girl? never heard of her or at least I can't remember her

J

Jeschke

And what is the background of this Zhuk girl? never heard of her or at least I can't remember her
This Zhuk girl :rofl:
Zhuk was a promising RUS junior skater with Britkov, came in 4th at juniors and 9th at seniors, 2017 iirc.
Later she teamed up with Miroshkin, but well, we never saw them compete.
@Ka3sha is this right or am I mixing things up? Did I forget someone between Britkov/Miroshkin?

So she is a really decent pair girl with lots of potential and actually a good catch for Martin. Now let's hope she gets/is released and they can develop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information