OES News 2019/20 Season

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Well, based her IG comment got the stole rolling, no shocker here ... .
Does the original post say 'I hate you' or is the translation messing up?
She does.
If so, well, tbh, fed's reaction is not too surprising.
There is so much shit flying back and forth that...
Her mom went to a figure skating forum Reut linked above and wrote more or less that the one coaching them was Pavlova - Ivan's mother, but she was never accredited to a single competition, instead Arina Kuznetsova was. Pavlova didn't mind as long as she got some kind of an accreditation and could just be there for the team. A month before Junior worlds Ekaterina's mother wrote the Fed an email asking for Pavlova to be accredited as a coach, a second coach, a whatever coach - as long as she gets to be there for the team and for her daughter. At the junior worlds she was declined any accreditation and that's when their problems began - in the practice Ekaterina fell from 6 out of 6 lifts and was crying and begging to have her coach. She was declined. Another claim by her mother - they were self funded for a year and once they made it to the team - they were taken down. She also received a nice warning from the team lead before her daughter paired up with Pavlov that `they will be ruined' if they try.

Bychenko gave an interview a couple of years ago talking about the Ukraine federation. He was.... not complimenting them, let's say.

Amy L

The comments from former Ukranian skaters that moved to other countries hint that the members of the Ukraine Fed want their absolute power and will flex that power, and don't seem to care if they have any skaters at all, they just want to keep their positions. Since there are dozens of ex Ukraine skaters, many of them who went on to European, Jr World, Sr World, and Olympic medals, I would say that their observations are probably pretty correct.

greenapple

The comments from former Ukranian skaters that moved to other countries hint that the members of the Ukraine Fed want their absolute power and will flex that power, and don't seem to care if they have any skaters at all, they just want to keep their positions. Since there are dozens of ex Ukraine skaters, many of them who went on to European, Jr World, Sr World, and Olympic medals, I would say that their observations are probably pretty correct.
The agenda of the Ukrainian federation has always been questionable. There is a recurring story/reason that so many have left to represent other countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information