Nancy Reagan has died

Twizzler

Her passing signifies the end of an era.
No matter how you feel about them, Ronald and Nancy Reagan were devoted to one another.

RIP

I'm actually surprised that she lasted so long without him. After he died, I fully expected them to be one of those couples who passed days apart. They seemed to be so devoted to each other.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
There certainly don't make First Ladies like they used to. RIP.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-first-lady-nancy-reagan-dead-at-94/
How true. I had tears streaming when I read the news. An era of a particular type of strength, dignity and honor, IMO, has ended. I wish I could drive down to pay my respects at the Reagan library. I read somewhere today that he was better when she was in the room and she was better when he was in the room. I am sad she is gone, but happy she is with Ronnie.

Moto Guzzi

One of my friends posted on Facebook "I've never wished anyone dead, but there are some obituaries I've read with great pleasure." Like her or not, I think that is really disrespectful. My friend just graduated from divinity school, too.

skatesindreams

Ugh!
That is disrespectful, IMO.

It is possible to respect someone's personal commitment and devotion, even when you don't agree with their political views.
That's how I feel about Nancy Reagan.

MAXSwagg

Sad she died, though like her husband (the most "hucksterism" and criminal president in history with the possible exception of Andrew Jackson) won't be missed. Hope their kids are doing well, poor things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information