My husband is back in the hospital

judiz

Thank you all for your well wishes. My husband was released on Thursday but continued to deteriorate so he was admitted to a psychiatric hospital late Friday night.

Japanfan

That's really too bad, Judiz. I feel for you and your husband.

May the both of you have some rest and respite in the near future.

BittyBug

Disgusted
I'm terribly sorry about your husband, @judiz (just seeing this thread now). You have both endured such a long, arduous battle, but I hope his situation will improve soon.

Spun Silver

How disheartening. I too hope you can get access to the drug somehow. Is there any clinical trial that it might make sense to participate in? I believe drugs in the trial process would be free.

Japanfan

New diagnosis and the only medication approved for condition is expensive and hard to find.

There are so many medications out there for psychiatric conditions and conditions do overlap. For example, people with OCD might benefit from an anti-anxiety medication, just as those with an anxiety disorder would. Anti-depressants are catch-all drugs that are prescribed for a range of depression-related conditions.

I can't imagine any psychiatric condition so new it would lack commonalities with other conditions.

So, would it help to do some research and/or get a second opinion?

judiz

His diagnosis is tardive dyskinesia which is caused by long term use of psychiatric medications. He was given 6 different medications, normally prescribed for this condition, none made a dent in his condition. The new medication is made especially for tardive dyskinesia. He started the medication last night.

quartz

scratching at the light
Oh judiz, I am so sorry to hear of this new complication. Sending you a ton of ((((hugs)))) and hope for healing.

Japanfan

His diagnosis is tardive dyskinesia which is caused by long term use of psychiatric medications. He was given 6 different medications, normally prescribed for this condition, none made a dent in his condition. The new medication is made especially for tardive dyskinesia. He started the medication last night.

I'm glad you accessed and obtained the medication, Judiz. I hope it works and that it doesn't break the bank.

You two have been through so much, and deserve some rest and respite - and some (or more) recovery for your husband.

kittyjake5

Thanks for the update judiz. Fingers crossed that this medication will help your husband's condition.
Hugs to you both.

BittyBug

Disgusted
Oh @judiz. On the one hand, it's good to have a diagnosis. On the other, it must be very stressful worrying about finding the medication and its cost.

Sometimes there are foundations that will sponsor very expensive medicines for certain conditions. Ask your doctor if you haven't already, or see if you can find anything on the internet.

mysticchic

Have them do a spinal tap if they haven't yet. read brain on fire. or look it up on the web. Chicago med did a story on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information