Montreal chosen as host for 2020 figure skating world championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus

I have sat in the cheapest seats for the Olympics and Boston Worlds and you still see the skaters quite clearly. The excitement is still quite tangible too. :) Looking forward to Montreal! Now we need to organize an FSU Get Together. ;)

And an escape room!

cbd1235

So is there anything at all available in this pre-sale anymore? I can't get anything on the site. When I checked the first time it was 1h10m after the start of the pre-sale, and at that point nothing would show up on the site. Is it just me?

There's no way the whole pre-sale was sold out within an hour ...

skategal

Bunny mama
So is there anything at all available in this pre-sale anymore? I can't get anything on the site. When I checked the first time it was 1h10m after the start of the pre-sale, and at that point nothing would show up on the site. Is it just me?

There's no way the whole pre-sale was sold out within an hour ...

I just checked when I read your post and I can get stuff to pop up for me. So not sold out yet.

eta. I was trying on my iphone.

jtpc

I was online right from 10:00 am as well but the seats that kept coming up weren't that great and you couldn't choose your section. I never thought I'd say I miss Ticketmaster, but here we are. :D

If I'm spending $1,300-$1,600, I don't really want to be sitting in row U, V, or W, so I decided to wait to see what people might be selling closer to the event. I'm glad I waited and went back to the ticket site to check if anything was different because now you can pick your section. I was hoping for the lower to middle part of 119 anyway (centred on the end so that you can see all the way up the ice no problem) and now it's available. At $1,300, that seems like a much better vantage point than the very top of the sides for the exact same price. I have an aisle seat about half way up, so that worked out so much better than I was thinking it would at 10:00 this morning! :)

I found this pdf online that maps out the sections and rows. I think it came in handy because if you're trying for an aisle seat, if you zoom in a lot, you can barely make out what the ending seat number is in each row. Hopefully it's still accurate today from whenever they created it.

https://www.evenko.ca/Static/_pdf/centrebell/CapaciteMaximale.pdf

Last edited:

marigold

I told myself that I wasn't going to attend because like everyone else, I got sticker shock at the price. But no, almost 5 hours after the pre-sale started, I had to go take a boo to see what seats were left. :duh: I just bought a ticket in the nosebleeds on the judges side. I don't know whether to :cheer2: or :wuzrobbed.

skatesindreams

If the price I was quoted for an accessible seat on one of the ends, is accurate; ($1650.00) I won't be going.
Does that figure make sense?
I'm going to try to confirm before deciding.

When it seems as though I could go to both SA and Greensboro for that, Montreal isn't so tempting.
Awful, when I want to be with all of you, so much!

quartz

scratching at the light
If the price I was quoted for an accessible seat on one of the ends, is accurate; ($1650.00) I won't be going.

When it seems as though I could go to both SA and Greensboro for that, Montreal isn't so tempting.
If that is the Cdn price you are being quoted, then it is more like $1100-1200 in US funds.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!

From the initial announcement (all in CDN$):

All-event ticket packages will include all competitions, as well as competition practices (excluding gala practice). Fans will be able to choose from six levels of all-event ticket packages located in the 100L and 200L that are priced at:

• Gold Circle, 100L rows 1-3 = $2,410 ($2,300 ticket + $110 venue fee)
  • P1, 100L rows 4-6 & 100L centre lower bowl = $2,100 ($2,000 ticket + $100 venue fee)
  • P2, 100L centre sections = $1,675 ($1,600 ticket + $75 venue fee)
  • P3, 100L lower end & 200L centre sections = $1,365 ($1,300 ticket + $65 venue fee)
  • P4, 100L upper end & 200L side sections = $1,080 ($1,025 ticket + $55 venue fee)
  • P5, 200L end sections = $845 ($800 ticket + $45 venue fee).

muffinplus

No clue what seats should I go for... Corner sections have some seats in rows closer to ice than long sides, but not sure about the view? Short side (119) also has seats a bit closer than long

skatingguy

decently
Yes, but not the additional service charge Evenko charges, correct? That's looking to be an additional $100CA+
No those fees were included in the prices - the only additional fee was $5.75 which was charged whether you wanted printed tickets or electronic tickets.

pat c

https://www.exchange-rates.org/converter/CAD/USD/1650/Y

If that is the Cdn price you are being quoted, then it is more like $1100-1200 in US funds.
Today it's $1221.00 :)

kiches

I asked if they had held back many seats for the general sale on Friday and she said yes. There were only a limited number of tickets available today. So much for trying to get the headstart. She said there would be good seats available on Friday. 😠

That's interesting because I emailed asking if all seats would be available during presale and this was Skate Canada's response:

"All seats available for sale will be open for the pre-sale. Please note that the 100 Level and 200 Level seats will be available."

I wonder if they meant the 300 level seats were not available and that's what they meant by limited?

quartz

scratching at the light
So did it break your piggy bank of change you were saving for this event? :)
That’s the little piggy bank, I will need to access the BIG piggy bank for this event. That is, if I can ever figure out how to navigate the process to even get a ticket. :shuffle:
#luddite #onlineorderingsucks #canijustcallandtellyouwhatiwant

jaro

That's interesting because I emailed asking if all seats would be available during presale and this was Skate Canada's response:

"All seats available for sale will be open for the pre-sale. Please note that the 100 Level and 200 Level seats will be available."

I wonder if they meant the 300 level seats were not available and that's what they meant by limited?

That's at least partly what they meant but they also said more lower level seats would be available. However, I talked to the Bell Center and you probably heard from the LOC which would know more.

mocha-ice

There really are no bad seats at the Bell Centre. One unique thing about the arena is that the stands are slopped quite steeply compared to other arenas which makes seeing the rink even from high up pretty good!

kiches

That's at least partly what they meant but they also said more lower level seats would be available. However, I talked to the Bell Center and you probably heard from the LOC which would know more.

Yes, I had emailed the montreal2020 email address to ask prior to the pre-sale in case the seats available may change. I guess we will find out on a Friday if this is the case but it’s been a frustrating experience to say the least.

euterpe

I have a question for those of us in the US. The ticket charge is the amount in Canadian dollars. When I got the emailed invoice for the first payment, it was not marked $C. The credit card company will assume that is the amount to be billed to me in US dollars.

I am going to call my credit card company tomorrow to make sure I am not overpaying for my ticket.
I sure don't want to pay $2271 for a $C 1680.75 ticket.

Last edited:

BittyBug

Disgusted
@euterpe the Evenko invoice doesn't specify currency but I received a foreign transaction confirmation from my credit card company (one of the alerts I have activated) and it showed the same amount charged as $CAN.

uandmfan

I have a question for those of us in the US. The ticket charge is the amount in Canadian dollars. When I got the emailed invoice for the first payment, it was not marked $C. The credit card company will assume that is the amount to be billed to me in US dollars.

I am going to call my credit card company tomorrow to make sure I am not overpaying for my ticket.
I sure don't want to pay $2271 for a $C 1680.75 ticket.

Most invoices don't show the currency. When I buy something from the US it doesn't say USD. The company will send the charge in as CAD and your credit card will do the conversion. Canadian websites are usually very clear if they are charging in USD as that's unusual.

Don't worry :)

MorganaLefay

A friend got us tickets in 101 Row K--it's amazing to have such talented and dedicated friends. I was on a fence about the whole event bc I think the price is unconscionable and I did not want to encourage them by paying it, but I caved. My friend says airfare is very cheap from NY as well, so I guess I will be getting this too so early in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information