Montpellier 2022

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
You were saying?

I'm pretty surprised - I still think restrictions will come back every winter though in a lot of places!

I got my booster so now I can enter the country :lol:

I still haven't bought tickets. Ticketmaster hates me. They want to give me tickets where I'll be stuck behind pillars. No thanks.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I'm pretty surprised - I still think restrictions will come back every winter though in a lot of places!

I got my booster so now I can enter the country :lol:

I still haven't bought tickets. Ticketmaster hates me. They want to give me tickets where I'll be stuck behind pillars. No thanks.

When tickets are sold under the proviso that they have a 'restricted view', I often joke that means you'll probably be watching from outside.

I'm reminded of the time I bought a ticket for the 2006 World Championships in Calgary.

I had to go back to the box office and explain that my seat would be fighting with a gigantic black dividing curtain for the entire week. I got blank looks until I asked a team member to accompany to where I was sitting, and asked them to place me elsewhere.

seabm7

seabm7

I checked the FlightAware site for Tokyo - Paris flights. Here is the current situation:

AFR 275: They reduced the frequency of this flight. It takes more than 16 hours now.
JAL 45: canceled since Thursday.
ANA 215: canceled on Thursday-Saturday, but still planned on Sunday.

For Tokyo - London,

JAL 41: canceled on Friday, but still planned on Sunday.
JAL 43: canceled on Thursday. Started using the Alaska route since Friday.
ANA 211: canceled on Friday and Saturday, but still planned on Sunday.
KLM via Amsterdam: all canceled.
Turkish airlines via Instanbul, Emirates via Dubai, Qatar via Doha: all running.

I think in a couple of days, we will have clearer information on how JAL and ANA are going to operate their European routes.

Last edited:

icefan2

Trying to buy tickets using a Canadian credit card and keep getting declined - has anyone else had this happen? Is there a way around it?

acraven

Try calling the phone number on the back of your card and reporting that you are trying to buy event tickets from a French web site. They'll probably ask what the amount of purchase will be. That may solve the problem. If not, try a different credit card (call that number, too). What you're experiencing is a fairly common occurrence when people try to buy tickets from foreign web sites. Different credit card issuers have different security procedures in place.

Last edited:

Skatefan222

Try calling the phone number on the back of your card and reporting that you are trying to buy event tickets from a French web site. You'll probably ask what the amount of purchase will be. That may solve the problem. If not, try a different credit card (call that number, too). What you're experiencing is a fairly common occurrence when people try to buy tickets from foreign web sites. Different credit card issuers have different security procedures in place.
Thanks but I got a text from my bank asking if it was me and replied it was...and tried a couple of other cards too...

Rob

Beach Bum
There are Best Westerns in France? You've just shattered my world-view.
I stayed in a Best Western in Villefranche in 1993, many hotel chains provide administration and marketing services to independent hotels.

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
There are Best Westerns in France? You've just shattered my world-view.
We also have Hilton, Holiday Inn, Sheraton. You have Sofitel, Novotel, Pullman, Fairmont, McGallery, Mercure, hotels in the US. They all belong to French group Accor Hotels. (Now All Accor Limitless). In France Best Westerns are equivalent to Ibis All Styles or Ibis (lower budget Accor properties). booking @ Mercure or Novotel is better IMO. It's also more expensive.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Thanks but I got a text from my bank asking if it was me and replied it was...and tried a couple of other cards too...
Is your card with TD? My sister has one with TD and it's a problem that crops up for her on and off.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I was told by SNCF I couldn't book my ticket. So bizarre. I'll call my credit card company tomorrow, see if that was the issue.

Should we do a FSU meal/meet up/get together? :lol: Last one I was at, 2019 4CCs. So long ago.

D

Deleted member 221

I have a hotel reservation and plane ticket (all of £40 return so I don’t care if it’s wasted), but no passport at the moment.

I applied for a British passport, which required sending my original passports to the Passport Office. They arrived more than a week ago, but the online status hasn’t updated so I’d guess there’s a pile of envelopes on someone’s desk. With each day that goes by, I’m thinking it’s less and less likely that I’m going to get the British passport or the return of my Italian passport in time to travel.

I could enter France with my carta d’identità, and I could the theoretically return to the U.K. using it + settled status. (For residents only, it’s valid until 2025.) But I’d have to see a border official, and I’m not sure if they will appreciate my “cleverness.” That assumes the airline allows me to board with an ID card. Legally, I am not sure if I’m allowed to travel while I have a pending passport application.

My backup option would be to fly from Montpellier to the Republic of Ireland and then Ireland to U.K., avoiding U.K. border control, but that seems like a lot of trouble for a weekend. And I have some Italian friends who have had trouble using a carta d’identità at the Irish border even though it’s perfectly legal.

So long story short: you may or may not see me in Montpellier depending on the U.K. passport office!

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I've read on a travel forum that none of the Best Westerns overseas are corporate-owned. They're independent hotels just huddled under that marketing umbrella. I've stayed in two, in Zagreb and in Nis (Serbia). They were several levels above my usual lodgings, but business hotels are sometimes a really good deal on weekends. They didn't remind me of US Best Westerns. (I have no idea whether BW frequent-guest points can be used at BWs in Europe. I know Marriott and Hilton Honors points can be used for at least some of those hotels.)
The Hotel Canada Best Western in Rome is really great! Owned by local family for decades. Not at all like North American BW, strong 3 star good location and beautiful

ballettmaus

@Louis Have you checked if Britain offers something like a temporary passport? When I needed one years ago (Germany), it was ready in three days and valid for 6 months or a year or so.

Sylvia

TBD
Might as well post this news here (rather than starting a separately thread in GSD; this news already is posted in U.S. Men’s thread and in the Entries thread in the 2022 Worlds subforum in Kiss & Cry) - Camden Pulkinen will make his Worlds debut following Nathan’s injury withdrawal today; first alternate Jason Brown must have informed USFS of his decision to decline before his trip to Peru:

ETA link to the poll thread I’ve created:

Last edited:

npavel

I have a question about bag- rucksack. Is there some limitation and if it is, can someone tell me the max size allowed?

Miezekatze

This would be amazing. :love: Not sure how things like these get organized.
Those "hardcore" fan sections of German football clubs are always organized fanclubs who always are seated together in whole blocks that are reserved for them, so I'm sure they can easily organize that in advance.

Not sure how to get something big started at a skating event, but I'm sure if several small groups bring things and flags it will be meaningful too and then maybe others will get inspired to do something similar the next day.

Or maybe posting about the Idea in skating groups on Facebook or on Instagram might also be a good idea.

reut

Those "hardcore" fan sections of German football clubs are always organized fanclubs who always are seated together in whole blocks that are reserved for them, so I'm sure they can easily organize that in advance.
I know that various fan groups were doing something similar during competitions for their skaters, they just printed a lot of A4 lists and shared to the audience at the entrances.

3Lz+3Lo

Does anyone know if we’ll be allowed to throw items on the ice for the skaters? I’m assuming not but can’t see confirmation anywhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information